This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    But as i argued with Aretood about that, if we just go to a popular vote only, then the parties would just focus on the most POPULOUS cities and ignore all the rest of the country... And CAUSE those say top 20 cities, outnumber the rest of the country (Example, not fact), in essence who ever controls those cities, controls the US..
    If the elections were popular vote-based the entire election campaign of both parties would've worked completely differently. The campaigning effort would've been shifted from the "swing states" to states with the most population. Republican in Democrat-dominated states like California would feel that their vote matters more than it currently does, and would've made more effort to get that vote to the booth, and the Democrats would've done the same in the red states. LIke I said before, we simply don't know which way the popular vote would go had the rules been different.
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

SO 100 people (LETS SAY FOR ExAMPLE) can riot in the street, and you only want to arrest and charge those the DA can get a conviction on?
      A hundred would be just about the limit of what's manageable. But i suggest you look into police tactics regarding crowds. Arresting people uses up a lot of resources. Arresting hundreds will just allow hundreds more to riot freely, because the police is too busy with arrests.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
        Did you (GF1976) even *read* the article there? If you did, then you would know that *It* was a reposted article that originally came from "daisyluther.com". Even tho the font appeared more primitive (old typewriter "Courier" font) at daisy's site, I actually found it easier to read via daisy's format instead of naturalnews.

http://daisyluther.com/google-and-fa...-on-fake-news/
        So, we have gone from a............ questionable science site, to a Preppers Blog? Is that supposed to change my opinion or something?
        What FB and Google are being asked to do is remove -fake news sites-, nothing else. Who determines what is fake? well, when you fact check and you can't do it, it's a pretty good chance the "news" is fake.
        It's not an attempt to filter out left or right leaning stuff, it is an attempt to get rid of -fake- news stories, to get rid of false information, not all information to suit some global NWO conspiracy.

Another 3 to 6 months at least of this idiot mockery stuff. Then, who knows.. maybe the rapture will happen and spare those who are whisked away into another universe realm from the details on TSHTF stuff. Give it another 7 years, if this planet's populations haven't turned against each other, and maybe even the MSM will finally tell the truth.. oh wait.. nope. Their job is to stifle the truth and arbitrate what *they* (TPTB) want (generic) *you* dummies to see and hear.
        //actually, won't be funny by then//
        See that, that opinion, Opinion is allowed.

I *did* answer the question. I just didn't answer it the "way" *you* (FH, et.al) wanted it answered. Such as what is noted below..
        Uh huh.

As for your spouting off about protecting the *precious* economy--It helps to NOT overload an eco-system plagued by drought by causing more anxiety and stress on both wildlife and human populations.
        Has nothing to do with what FH was talking about.
        California just posted an article about 102 million TREES are dead or very near dead, because of the severe drought out there. Yah can't plant TREES where there isn't enough water to feed them..! Same issue with growing food produce. Life doesn't work that way. Same with other populations wherever they appear on this planet known as "earth".
        Climate change is a myth, right?
        And BTW, outside of Al Gore's political gemstone of *US* potentially getting TAXED on individual carbon footprints, I haven't really seen anything in the currently existing USA regulations about "greenhouse gases" that really needs to be changed, except to bring back clean coal energy sources -- let the mining industry have their jobs back.

Most of what is already in the USA regulations is sort of common sense stuff (no need YET to get all hyper-paranoid). Also, the penalties for clean-up times was increased with stiffer controls on the regulatory matters. *Time is of the essence* but how realistic is the clean-up time rate? That part is unknown, except to the regulators who made these rules. Our USA rules/regulations parallels the Paris Agreement, except for the added 2% (cleaner air/etc) mandatory adjustment that Obama tacked onto the "Paris" accord for the USA's role.

East Coast is experiencing drought conditions as well, but not as bad YET as west coast USA. So, how much longer will our drinking water last? According to various reports, the ground cannot properly absorbed and filter out clean water fast enough to provide "safe drinking" water. That means extra filters and reverse osmosis systems have to be used more frequently to feed the current populations..

How can people thoroughly clean themselves (hair, skin, teeth, mouth,etc) as well as *properly* clean their agricultural veggie/fruit produce and poultry meats, when they need to ration their own water supplies? There are folks who despise the smell of vinegar; so *try again* for cleanliness routines.. That also includes washing and rinsing laundry thoroughly enough to get the germs/etc. out, which includes using more energy "juices" for those so-called "energy efficient" products that aren't what they claim to be. Our eco-systems are obviously out of balance, and not just because the earth's planetary poles are flipping to their opposite N to S..S to N sides.

Look at current EPA "Energy Star" approved products. For all of the hype advertised for "climate friendly" products, it takes twice as much water to flush (sticky poop messes in) turbo low-flow toilets, and twice as long in time-length to wash clothes where the non-agitator system just sloshes the clothes back and forth instead of aggressively around and vigorously back and forth. If using the low-water level, the clothes don't even turn over to clean really properly. "Recommend small loads for better washing..." How is that "climate-friendly and energy* saving in both energy fuel AND water usage..? And on top of that, the newer products don't last as long as their ancient cousins; and the manufacturers know this is a major problem, but their proverbial hands are tied in the name of "climate controls".
        Again, climate change is a myth, right.
        Or just man made climate change?
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
          If the elections were popular vote-based the entire election campaign of both parties would've worked completely differently. The campaigning effort would've been shifted from the "swing states" to states with the most population. Republican in Democrat-dominated states like California would feel that their vote matters more than it currently does, and would've made more effort to get that vote to the booth, and the Democrats would've done the same in the red states. LIke I said before, we simply don't know which way the popular vote would go had the rules been different.
          Given that close to half the population does not vote Womble, I am not sure it would make that much of a difference. The tactics would change, sure, but I am unsure the result would be all that different.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I'm 4 for 4. Go me
            Lucky you!

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            *puts in order for a dozen*

I suspect they will be abused a lot.

What the hell is DAPL???
            Either you've been living under a rock, or you simply don't care.

Dakota Access Pipeline

DAPL Facts

Understanding the Controversy Behind the Dakota Access Pipeline
            What to know as protesters and the oil company continue to clash
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I would hardly call a preppers blog factual creddible information. But what would I know some of you do take those for gospel. smh
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Given that close to half the population does not vote Womble, I am not sure it would make that much of a difference. The tactics would change, sure, but I am unsure the result would be all that different.
                Of course it would.

What motivation does a Republican currently have to get out and vote when they live in a state like California on which the Democrats have a stranglehold and their vote really does not count? Or a Democrat in Texas? We have little knowledge of how many "sleeper votes" could awaken in a popular vote election.

Regarding voter turnout, the decline from 2012 elections in Democrat votes cast was greater than in Republican votes (4% vs. 2%).
                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

BTW-- to all of you naysayers putting your total trust into the MSM-- I cross-checked the links to other articles within the "Google/Facebook" arbiter article(s) in question. The info is the same with the exception for the POV/opinion. Otherwise, the format of the web site listings in those charts showing what was being determined as fake/satire, etc., sites--in question was set up differently. I'm not going to add the supporting background data links here, because anyone curious enough can do that on their own.

In the meantime, Enjoy the MSM..
                  IMO, the MSM fell out of grace--mostly ALL of them, when they stopped reporting on the elections accurately and put out *misleading* info/data, and claimed it as Truth. There's been other incidents where many in the MSM have been and still are biased, but that is nothing new. They have their own propaganda agenda to carry out, which they've been doing for years now, and so be it.

As I said before, politics is a *nasty* business.
                  I expect the *news* seasons along with various commentaries on here to get even more turbulent over the next several years.

Have a pleasant *holiday* season.
                  I may be elsewhere, than lurking in here.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                    BTW-- to all of you naysayers putting your total trust into the MSM-- I cross-checked the links to other articles within the "Google/Facebook" arbiter article(s) in question. The info is the same with the exception for the POV/opinion. Otherwise, the format of the web site listings in those charts showing what was being determined as fake/satire, etc., sites--in question was set up differently. I'm not going to add the supporting background data links here, because anyone curious enough can do that on their own.
                    I'll do it:
                    http://www.recode.net/2016/11/19/136...ion-zuckerberg
                    http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...working-on-it/
                    http://www.businessinsider.com.au/fa...6-11?r=US&IR=T
                    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...h-garbage.html

SG, the idea is not to prevent opinion pieces, it is to get rid of outright lies being supposed news stories. If you cannot tell the difference between the two things, You are beyond anyone's help.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the nerve the MSM has not reporting on Trump settling his fraud case with a whopping 25 million dollars settlement.

I mean, the Hamilton craze made sure it was pushed to the corner of the page -- literally in the case of The New York Times.

Comment

Did it report Trump having a whine about the cast having the GALL to speak to Pence?
                        sigpic

Comment

Did it report Trump having a whine about the cast having the GALL to speak to Pence?
                          Oh yes, it did.

Also, for the record, it was a revolt after a play -- La muette de Portici (The Mute Girl of Portici) -- at a theatre which resulted in the formation of the Belgian state. Trump is warned.

Comment

I'd be more concerned with the Electors reading Hamilton's position on the EC in the federalist papers.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well he did die in a duel
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

*slaps Jel wit a glove*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X