X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    and now for something interesting:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...,3346318.story

can't say I'm with him on this one - but at least this should shut his opponents up for a while
    He's a bit vague on why.
    sigpic
    http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
    http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
      He's a bit vague on why.
      going by white house spokespersons, apparently the industrial lobbies threatened to lay off (many) more employees & thus send unemployment stats skyrocketing if he didn't drop the bill

Comment

going by white house spokespersons, apparently the industrial lobbies threatened to lay off (many) more employees & thus send unemployment stats skyrocketing if he didn't drop the bill
        I hate American politics.
        sigpic
        http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
        http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Indeed. It makes a mockery of the principles of democracy when corporations can make demans like that.
          My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

I hate politics

(beats the alternative though)

to his credit he was caught between 2 fires - economic context it at its most unfavourable so extra lay-offs couldn't have come at a worse time

Comment

I hate politics

(beats the alternative though)
              anarchy rules! *streaks across thread*

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                anarchy rules!
                yeah but the rule doesn't last - then a tyrant rules

*proclaims himself tyrant benevolent dictator*

Comment

Don't be a dict

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post

Don't be a dict
                    can't help it - I'm hooked

Comment

Oh the pain, the pain, it hurts, lol

Comment

Obama is pandering to the American Right, and he shouldn't be. He needs to get a backbone.
                        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                          I suspect they won't be asked which hell the "Libyan people" prefer going to. And they certainly won't step in to change Libya's direction. Egypt's going to a worse hell than it used to be, and does any Western government do anything?

Edit- Why am I always so right when I'm pessimistic?
                          I hope support for Libya continues but I think any troops stationed there would have to be eithed African union or UN Peacekeepers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                            I hope support for Libya continues but I think any troops stationed there would have to be eithed African union or UN Peacekeepers.
                            Unless Egypt or South Africa provide troops, African Union troops will be a waste of time.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

There is, of course, the possibility that these rebels are worse than Qaddafi and are just rebelling because they didn't benefit from his regime.

In other words, I think we should be very careful on deciding who should be backed here.

Personally I view it as an internal matter and unless it spreads into a wider war, it should be left alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                                There is, of course, the possibility that these rebels are worse than Qaddafi and are just rebelling because they didn't benefit from his regime.

In other words, I think we should be very careful on deciding who should be backed here.

Personally I view it as an internal matter and unless it spreads into a wider war, it should be left alone.
                                And they might not help torture people for us like gadaffi did .

Comment

Working...
                                X