• Show
Clear All

Annoyed shouldn't be allowed to vote. He is too old
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Aren't you glad you blew up your party.
      Sarcasm aside, it was worth a shot. The alternative was more of the same from the establishment republican party, which was just as sure a path to ruin as the the Democrats will take us down, just a little slower, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Sarcasm aside, it was worth a shot. The alternative was more of the same from the establishment republican party, which was just as sure a path to ruin as the the Democrats will take us down, just a little slower, that's all.
        So why are you complaining about what that has done?
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-Twitter.html

of course it's a stupid law - but usually neocons are all about 'rule of law' aren't they?

Comment

How to know you are appreciated...........
            http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...249808f9a7a2a1
            sigpic

Comment

And..............
              Let me ask you, as a person of faith, would you be upset about a "one world government" if it was the returning Christ leading it?
              If your answer is no, you are tying your personal religious beliefs to what would be "the best outcome", and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but faith is no more a valid reason than any other. What if the "one world government" ruled by mankind could actually work?
              This is -exactly- why there is the separation of Church and state and why the constitution has only -one- mention of God in it's entirety.
              The US is founded on the principles of the -enlightenment-, not the faith based beliefs of any religion.

SG, there is -no proof- in these things, there is feelings, strongly held convictions and opinion, nothing more.

Umm, this is where the adults tend to play, so as long as the mods don't intervene, it's all good.

So, you are talking menstrual blood. Well, if you are trying to *create* life, it makes sense to use a fluid directly tied to the life cycle of people. This is -magic- you are talking about.
              Lets compare it to another piece of faith based magic (miracle if you prefer), the Transubstantiation. In this one Wine becomes the blood of Christ (making you a vampire), and the Wafer becomes the body of Christ (making you a Cannibal). Now, while nothing changes on a physical level (the wine is wine, the bread is bread), on a spiritual level, you are cannibalizing the blood and body of your God-son to purify yourself to receive his blessing.

On a spiritual level, I am not seeing that much of a difference really, and your personal disgust is simply not relevant to proving some kind of legal challenge.
              On transubstantiation, you're mostly correct though I would just like to add that according to Scripture, Christ was establishing the nature of the new passover meal....which is what the Eucharist is.....the new passover meal....in a Jewish Passover seder meal the flesh and some of the blood of an unblemished lamb is consumed (with some of the blood also spread over the doorframe)....in the Eucharist the flesh and blood of Christ, the unblemished Lamb of God is consumed in the form of bread and wine...Scripture passages that would refer to this are "Unless you eat of the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, then you have no life within you" and "I am the bread of life"

Another way to look at it is that objects have both substance and form....in transubstantiation the bread and wine retain their forms as bread and wine, thereby retaining all the physical properties associated with that form, but the substance of the bread and wine changes from simple bread and wine to something more, with the bread and wine's original purpose being nourishment being "upgraded" for lack of a better term to provide nourishment on a spiritual level

the closest analogy I can think of to put this concept into perspective is 2 baseball bats, one made out of wood and the other made out of aluminum....both objects have the same form, that of a baseball bat, and both have a purpose, to allow the player wielding said bat to drive a ball downfield (though there can be other uses for it too...namely as impromptu weapons )....but one bat simply happens to be made out of a different substance than the other bat...and perhaps the bat made out of one substance might have distinct advantages over the bat made out of the other substance

whether or not it would be considered cannibalism on a spiritual level....since it is understood that we consume what is in effect a divine Lamb of God rather than spiritually consuming a human being then from that perspective I wouldn't consider it cannibalism on the spiritual level either since the sacrifice that was the genesis of the Eucharist was offered under Christ's title as Lamb of God....hence the "Lamb of God" responsory

I hope to have given you a better understanding of it

Comment

Of course, it's all rigged:
                http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...fe3a23da8f908f
                sigpic

Comment

I'm not surprised since its New York City
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

well, it's on for young and old now.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Thing is, how could they have realistically gone through 200+ thousand of new ones, when it took them so long (supposedly) to go through the 35k they had back in june??
                      Crawlers, algorythms, search software to spy for words, ... computers doing all the work.

Computer algorithms and by putting more than one agent on the job. Any repeat emails or "trash" can be winnowed out -very- quickly
                      Or what he said.

Best part -- like father, like son. Eric checking in with his wife.

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                      http://uk.businessinsider.com/trump-...6-11?r=US&IR=T
                      in a nutshell he's complaining because...more people were able to vote?
                      I saw that earlier and couldn't help but snort.

And right after I came across a column written by a professor at the London School of Economics who formulated the result of Trump's campaign tactics and how they would roll into his presidency. Considering he used all of Hitler's tactics, he will have no choice but to rule like Hitler did before his nazi-party took over the entire German government.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

speaking of:
                        http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...400452821.html

people who use their weapons for wrongful purposes: SA intimidation tactics
                        this is signed I say

Comment

Hey FH,want to go to Mexico City? They are having a party celebrating a Trump loss
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Is it going to be a huuuuge one?

Comment

I heard they have teamed up with Canada to build a wall to keep the Americans in, I read a tweet about it.
                              sigpic

Comment

I already have my plane tickets to GF's house. I was promised the couch
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X