This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post

The lesson to be taken from that is unlike most Democratic voters, Republican voters will hold their candidates responsible for their screw-ups. So if Trump does try to pull a bait & switch, he'll be out in four years and powerless for the last two of those years as congress flips.

But what kind of bait and switch? What do you mean by that?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Oh also why is race issues always a thing in US politics?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I'll give you 22 push-ups, 22 days. One-handed cause I still can't put pressure on my left shoulder. My shoulder's unable to carry the weight and I'd rather not dislocate the collarbone a 2nd time.

22 pushups To Honor Those Who Serve
        That'll work. Now sound em off!

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        Because of demographics... Got to push this race, to win that demographic...

Comment

Is that a serious question?

Assuming it is, look up slavery in the US, segregation laws, and the torrent of state laws designed to disenfranchise Blacks and Latino's. Then you can look at stop and frisk laws, "war on drugs" laws, and voter registration laws.

If you want to look at it from an Aussie point of view, look at "White Australia" laws, and how we destroyed Aboriginal families in an attempt to "make Australia white again". Taking "half caste" children if they could "pass" as white from their families and cutting them off from their heritage.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            That'll work. Now sound em off!
            Okay.

The Saudi Arabia issue was touched upon a couple posts ago, and I would like to add an addendum. Saw an article in The New York Times which states that Saudi Arabia might take another look at the alliance it has with the US and possibly withdraw, taking all their investments with them if the US allows 9/11 victims' families to come after SA for a never proven connection to the 9/11 terrorists.

Angered by 9/11 Victims Law, Saudis Rethink U.S. Alliance

And on twitter last night, someone commented on that situation how the US would feel if it were held responsible for the many civilians killed in drone strikes. Don't their families have a right to a compensation just the same?
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              Is that a serious question?

Assuming it is, look up slavery in the US, segregation laws, and the torrent of state laws designed to disenfranchise Blacks and Latino's. Then you can look at stop and frisk laws, "war on drugs" laws, and voter registration laws.

If you want to look at it from an Aussie point of view, look at "White Australia" laws, and how we destroyed Aboriginal families in an attempt to "make Australia white again". Taking "half caste" children if they could "pass" as white from their families and cutting them off from their heritage.

Oh yeah I know all about the "White Australia" policy. We actually studied that period of history in school. It was not a very good thing to remember about this country. And I know of all the other things you mentioned, just that race issues being part of election campaigns always makes me wonder the hell is wrong with us as a species.... Part of me thinks and hopes we would have grown out of this by now but sigh... I suspect we won't ever.

Comment

Okay.

The Saudi Arabia issue was touched upon a couple posts ago, and I would like to add an addendum. Saw an article in The New York Times which states that Saudi Arabia might take another look at the alliance it has with the US and possibly withdraw, taking all their investments with them if the US allows 9/11 victims' families to come after SA for a never proven connection to the 9/11 terrorists.

Angered by 9/11 Victims Law, Saudis Rethink U.S. Alliance

And on twitter last night, someone commented on that situation how the US would feel if it were held responsible for the many civilians killed in drone strikes. Don't their families have a right to a compensation just the same?
                I don't want to say it, but the US see's that as "whoops", or acceptable losses.
                As long as a US citizen does not die, they do not care, and that is not unique to the US. Look at the last snafu in Syria where the coalition, including Aus, were responsible for the deaths of some 70 -military men- who were our allies. In one action, Syria lost more people than Australia has in the entire war, and all we say is "oops, sorry man"
                No wonder they are pissed off.
                sigpic

Comment

But what kind of bait and switch? What do you mean by that?
                  Well, he is running on claims that he wants to make changes that will benefit the lower middle classes; scrapping trade deals, for example.
                  If he starts doing other things, such as polices that benefit only the wealthy.. That kind of thing. Saying one thing to get elected, and doing quite another once in office.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    Well, he is running on claims that he wants to make changes that will benefit the lower middle classes; scrapping trade deals, for example.
                    If he starts doing other things, such as polices that benefit only the wealthy.. That kind of thing. Saying one thing to get elected, and doing quite another once in office.
                    If he -starts- doing that??
                    Dude, that is ALL he cares about.
                    sigpic

Comment

The problem will be that he's in office and the only ones who can stop him are the same ones now opposing Obama so the US would be at a stand still for another 4 years. Good luck with that!

Comment

Oh, the hypocrisy!

"Do what I say, not what I do. Don't you know that I'm better than you"

Chelsea Clinton takes private jet to 'clean energy' roundtable

Chelsea Clinton opted to travel to a “clean energy” roundtable in this week in a private jet to campaign on behalf of her mother Hillary Clinton.

Clinton first attended two events in Greenville, North Carolina, stopping by a campaign office and then going to an event at East Carolina University to discuss college affordability.

After her two events in Greenville, Clinton was scheduled to attend a “clean energy roundtable” in Asheville, which is about a 5-hour drive away. But instead of driving or flying on a commercial plane, Clinton opted to a take a private jet. The NTK Network posted a tracking video that shows Clinton boarding the private jet on Wednesday.

The Clinton campaign pledged last year they would be carbon neutral on the trail and that they would be “offsetting the carbon footprint of the campaign and that includes travel.” The Clinton team has yet to fulfill this promise, however, as the campaign is using private jets to travel to events.

Comment

Trump also bounces around in his private jet -- same difference. Then again, he's convinced climate change is a hoax.

Trump's private Boeing 757:

Donald Trump, who just won New Hampshire’s primary, has an ostentatious ride that, ahem, trumps them all—a Boeing 757 emblazoned with his name on it in red, white, and blue. According to JetSmarter, it cost the real estate mogul $100 million. The massive plane, dubbed Trump Force One, was purchased from Microsoft’s Paul Allen back in 2011. Check out this video of The Apprentice’s Amanda Miller for a tour of its many features, including seating for 43, a silk-lined master bedroom, a master bath with 24-karat gold fixtures, and even gold plated seat belts.
                          Clinton's modest little jet:

Former Senator, Secretary of State, and First Lady Hillary Clinton uses a Dassault Falcon 900B as she flies from Nevada meet-and-greets to South Carolina barbecues. She pays $5,850 per hour to fly the French-built corporate jet across American skies.
                          Now, let's see how much they differ in eco-footprints:

What's The Size Of Donald Trump’s Campaign Carbon Footprint?

Your favored boy's footprint is still bigger than hers.
                          So, if you want to complain about hers, then please complain about his as well.

Comment

Your favored boy's footprint is still bigger than hers.
                            His hand print, on the other hand...
                            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post

Comment

So, if you want to complain about hers, then please complain about his as well.
                                Oh heaven forbid that the right-wing extremists ever think Trumpalicious has any flaws. Just an hour after the presidential point/counter-point (it wasn't a debate...I teach debate) he denied saying that not paying taxes makes him smart.

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                                ROFLMAO...too funny!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X