This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    This is the first year names are being recorded on our census forms Coco.

Wow that's so wrong.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Wow that's so wrong.
      People are not happy about it, I'm not happy about it either to be honest because names and addresses are simply not required information for a census.
      If you watch the local news, (I think I was watching channel 7 last night), they did a piece on it. You can probably find on the seven news site if you are interested.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

At best, that's falling with style
        But they would have been flying for a wee bit, even if we helped them along a bit.

Can't wait to test this catapult we're building.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        How much further to the right can the GOP go?
        Until they are so far right that they are in fact left.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

This is the first year names are being recorded on our census forms Coco.
          That is just wrong. Hopefully, your population has a means to protest it, and is doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            That might have something to do with this nation was founded in part ON christian laws.. hence the 10 commandments in courtrooms..
            If that's true, then what's with all the flag worshiping? I mean...the American flag is practically an Idol. That is the direct violation of the first commandment regarding Idol worship.

I'm not one to discount Christian influence in the history of the 13 colonies and the US that they formed into. But at the same time, let's not go way beyond that level of influence and claim that this nation was ever truly a Christian nation. Well...maybe Pennsylvania with the Quakers for a time was going in that direction. But they never really fully realized it. Something about the Quakers believing in religious freedom as a point in their religious belief. It's no coincidence that Maryland (also a supporter of religious freedom) and Pennsylvania became the home of Brethren that gave birth to the Amish. Everywhere else they were being persecuted for daring to declare the separation of Church and state as a fact of Christian theology.
            I mean, how much time is going to be spent on solving things on an individual basis, rather than making a few blanket laws..??
            What kind of blanket laws? Workfare almost certainly requires personalized interrogation. Gotham City doesn't need welders because Batman likes to keep collateral damage to a minimum. Metropolis on the other hand...lots and lots of welders wanted. You can't make a blanket law for specific types of help to cover both cities. Just laws that prescribe procedures and types of aid given. Social workers would have to decide how to best provide that aid for each individual they have on their caseload. Is that what you mean?

But did the media harp on him like they do when republicans say "that's what we need to do"??
            Ask Annoyed, I was much too young to pay too much attention to the media.

That they should. BUT look at the butt hurt we saw from the media and the left, every time someone brings up "maybe we should reduce welfare payments to those with drug records, or make those taking drugs do 'spot tests' and if they pop, they are off welfare...
            That's because it's only about taking things away, not providing a more effective alternative. That's why people say "Republicants" because the perception (and rightfully so if you ask me) is that they only ever say no and offer no real alternative.

Though I'll give you one for drug tests. I do think they should be used. They are used by employers and no one seems to have filed any federal lawsuit over it.

I wasn't on about those here legally, but those here illegally saying that..
            So who is supposed to get the message regarding amnesty?
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              That is just wrong. Hopefully, your population has a means to protest it, and is doing so.

There's zero chance of that ever happening in large numbers in Australia. Our population has been programmed with apathy
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Do you mean the vast majority have been conditioned with the "there's nothing to worry about if you have nothing to hide" mentality? Sounds like the UK.

Comment

Sounds like sheeple.

Comment

Unless they don't get rescued and die, winning Darwin awards in the process...........
                    OR like some people did in Katrina, SHOOT at their rescuers, making those recuers less likely to come BACK to rescue them..

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    If that's true, then what's with all the flag worshiping? I mean...the American flag is practically an Idol. That is the direct violation of the first commandment regarding Idol worship.
                    IMO the 'worshiping of the flag' is just people trying to show patriotism.. Though i will admit i hear lots of people ranting and getting frothy in the mouths when they see people BURNING the flag (or spitting on it, peeing on it etc).. To ME if you are that disrespectful to the flag of the country you have supposedly sworn loyalty to (Taking the citizenship oath), something's wrong..

Social workers would have to decide how to best provide that aid for each individual they have on their caseload. Is that what you mean?
                    Yes, that exactly. We hear lots of times, how 'social workers' are already overworked.. So why give them yet MORE work load..?

That's because it's only about taking things away, not providing a more effective alternative. That's why people say "Republicants" because the perception (and rightfully so if you ask me) is that they only ever say no and offer no real alternative.
                    What sort of alternative would you like to see?

Though I'll give you one for drug tests. I do think they should be used. They are used by employers and no one seems to have filed any federal lawsuit over it.
                    Another i have seen some employers do these days is say "If you smoke, even IN THE PRIVACY of your own home, you are not getting hired.. So if i can be 'discriminated' against in that manner by employers, why are we allowing those on welfare to buy smokes with their EBT cards?
                    If its being done "All in the name of health and safety", then shouldn't it be bad regardless??

So who is supposed to get the message regarding amnesty?
                    The politicians. Bleeding heart liberals...

Heck look at CA.. San Fransisco is YET again trying to pass a law via the ballot, to allow Illegal immigrants (And 16 yr olds) to be given the right to vote in LOCAL school board elections..
                    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...igration-trump

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...me-6137855.php

Comment

[QUOTE=garhkal;14502355]OR like some people did in Katrina, SHOOT at their rescuers, making those recuers less likely to come BACK to rescue them..

IMO the 'worshiping of the flag' is just people trying to show patriotism.. Though i will admit i hear lots of people ranting and getting frothy in the mouths when they see people BURNING the flag (or spitting on it, peeing on it etc).. To ME if you are that disrespectful to the flag of the country you have supposedly sworn loyalty to (Taking the citizenship oath), something's wrong..
                      There's this odd emphasis on the flag that just doesn't seem right to me. I get showing respect and that symbolism. But it goes beyond that to the point of religious fanaticism. Hints my calling it idol worship. And to that I quote Apostle John "Little children, guard yourself from idols". Take care to see the context of my response to you. You're claiming Christian law here, so I am showing you what that means. It means that at the end of the day, any flag of any worldly nation is just a symbol and nothing more. Yet the rules associated with it can be comparable to that of the rules that people have in regards to their idols. It can, and in many cases has, go to the extent of idol worship.

Think about it. Woe he who doesn't have a flag. Woe he who lets it touch the ground. Woe he who damages the flag. Woe he who doesn't pledge allegiance to the flag. Woe he who doesn't stand in respect and difference to the flag. Doing the Pledge of allegiance and flying the flag is not inherently bad. But it's when it is given a measure of awe beyond what is spiritually sound then it delves into areas that Christians should not partake of.

Yes, that exactly. We hear lots of times, how 'social workers' are already overworked.. So why give them yet MORE work load..?
                      The reason why they are overwork is because no one leaves their caseload. Once on it, they stay there for years and years and years. And in the meantime they get new people on it that do the same thing. But it's nice to see that you care about them!

What sort of alternative would you like to see?
                      The one I described. All I hear from the RNC today is "Bad bad bad" but no alternatives beyond building walls and ending trade as we know it...oh and mass deportations and tons of racial/ethnic/etc profiling.

The politicians. Bleeding heart liberals...

Heck look at CA.. San Fransisco is YET again trying to pass a law via the ballot, to allow Illegal immigrants (And 16 yr olds) to be given the right to vote in LOCAL school board elections..
                      https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...igration-trump

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...me-6137855.php

So you agree that it wont have a negative impact on illegal immigration? You just said that the only message being sent is to politicians.

Don't try to distract from the issue. The issue isn't about illegal immigrants voting.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Sounds like sheeple.
                        You sound like an Alex Jones listener

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                          You sound like an Alex Jones listener
                          Never heard of him till I read this.. but based on 30 seconds worth of google, he might be someone I want to learn more about.

Comment

Never heard of him till I read this.. but based on 30 seconds worth of google, he might be someone I want to learn more about.

Until you hear what he has to say about police brutality. That seems to be an outlier for him. His views on that subject are a bit closer to mine than yours.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

People are not happy about it, I'm not happy about it either to be honest because names and addresses are simply not required information for a census.
                              If you watch the local news, (I think I was watching channel 7 last night), they did a piece on it. You can probably find on the seven news site if you are interested.
                              In Scotland we have always written down the names, address, occupation etc. of every person in our census. This is why we have very good records going back hundreds of years, which help folk looking for ancestors, history of the area, etc. Very few people seem to have any problem with doing it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Of course you do.. You already agree with everything you're going to hear

Comment

Working...
                                X