Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone seen Noy Alooshe's music videos? He sets famous speeches by politicians to music, and it comes out pertty funny.

Zenga Zenga- Gaddafi speech remix. Huge hit in Libya and the Arab world. I'm told its even more hilarious if you understand Arabic.

Obama's Bin Laden speech remix

Netanyahu's Congress speech remix
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I really like that dancing girl in the video more than the video itself.

Comment

...Except for the fact that the American system as far more in common with the British or "Imperial" system than with the Metric system. You even have the same units of measurement as the British.
        Not to mention the fact that it wasn't a british system at all, the metric system was first adopted in France... in 1799. Almost a generation after the declaration of independence.

Comment

I tell you Tom Coburn is my new hero.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV7u91A3KGQ
            viewer discretion advised.
            By a show of hands, who is in favor of the drug war?
            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
            Caboose: They could be worse?
            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV7u91A3KGQ
              viewer discretion advised.
              By a show of hands, who is in favor of the drug war?
              *does not raise his*

Comment

I personally believe that the Drug War does have a legitimate justification for it. illicit drugs do destroy lives. And that's really what the drug war is all about, saving American lives. So yes, I do agree that at its basic justification, it is the right thing to do.

However, I've come to believe that the drug war is not about winning anymore, but maintaining it. There are many benefits to maintaining it, such as but not limited to, bringing in money for state and local governments, confiscation of property that can be sold for profit, and great PR for the local law enforcement whenever they score a large drug bust.

But there's a lot of hypocrisy involved in it as well. After all, if America can ignore diplomacy and international law and go into Pakistan and get Bin Laden, we should be able to do the exact same thing to bust the drug cartels that are sending us this ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                  I personally believe that the Drug War does have a legitimate justification for it. illicit drugs do destroy lives. And that's really what the drug war is all about, saving American lives. So yes, I do agree that at its basic justification, it is the right thing to do.

However, I've come to believe that the drug war is not about winning anymore, but maintaining it. There are many benefits to maintaining it, such as but not limited to, bringing in money for state and local governments, confiscation of property that can be sold for profit, and great PR for the local law enforcement whenever they score a large drug bust.

But there's a lot of hypocrisy involved in it as well. After all, if America can ignore diplomacy and international law and go into Pakistan and get Bin Laden, we should be able to do the exact same thing to bust the drug cartels that are sending us this ****.
                  Yes, and really the political nightmare that has resulted because of this massively inneficient and ill run and ill defined 'war'. Yes, illicit drugs can be and even are bad. But in terms of fighting it, ignoring international law aside, has been a massive waste of resources and time.

Comment

Whoops. Wrong thread, sorry.

Comment

Whoops. Wrong thread, sorry.
                      well this is a political issue so its the right thread but there is a better thread

Comment

No, I originally posted a response that was meant for another thread. It's in the right thread now.

And of course, considering this is a political thread, no punning intended.

Comment

/Fry's squinting face/
                          Not sure if trolling or just hates freedom...
                          In all seriousness, the DEA already has international reach and influence. And is having the highest incarceration rate in the world, 5000 to 8000 additional murders, the abuse of the Constitution, and the traumatizing invasion upon ordinary people 80,000 times a year /the upper limit to the number of SWAT raids/ really worth it?
                          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                          The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                          I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                          Caboose: They could be worse?
                          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

If I had my way the DEA would be held very accountable for any abuse of power or Constitutional rights, period.

And joking or not, I really hate kind of phrase. I've been accused very often of being a troll just for having an unpopular and dissenting opinion.

It's tiresome.

Comment

Seriously!? 7 people died in the Oslo bombings and 87 at the Labour Party youth camp in Norway, and there's not a single thread about these despicable acts. But anyway, for those of you who don't know about this, yesterday the Norwegian government's HQ, including the office of Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg, as well as the Ministry of Oil and Energy, both got bombed, resulting in the death of 7 people and several more injuries. A short time after that, a man dressed as a police officer arrived at a Labour Party youth camp (for kids between 15-22, though even 13 years olds were present), and told the kids that he had some information about the bombings. Then the shooting began. This guy walked around the island, shooting every one he could find, and the death toll right now is 87 people, most of them kids.

The man behind this was a far-right nationalist christian fundamentalist who was deliberately targeting the Norwegian Labour Party. Far-right extremists are considered the biggest threats to domestic security in Nordic countries such as Norway and Sweden.

It's pretty obvious what his motives are. He probably thinks that by damaging the Labour Party and killing the next generation of supporters, the rest of Norway will be just like him. It's just insanity, that's what it is. I just hope that he gets locked away for the rest of his pathetic life, because killing him would just serve to make him a martyr.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                                Seriously!? 7 people died in the Oslo bombings and 87 at the Labour Party youth camp in Norway, and there's not a single thread about these despicable acts. But anyway, for those of you who don't know about this, yesterday the Norwegian government's HQ, including the office of Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg, as well as the Ministry of Oil and Energy, both got bombed, resulting in the death of 7 people and several more injuries. A short time after that, a man dressed as a police officer arrived at a Labour Party youth camp (for kids between 15-22, though even 13 years olds were present), and told the kids that he had some information about the bombings. Then the shooting began. This guy walked around the island, shooting every one he could find, and the death toll right now is 87 people, most of them kids.

The man behind this was a far-right nationalist christian fundamentalist who was deliberately targeting the Norwegian Labour Party. Far-right extremists are considered the biggest threats to domestic security in Nordic countries such as Norway and Sweden.

It's pretty obvious what his motives are. He probably thinks that by damaging the Labour Party and killing the next generation of supporters, the rest of Norway will be just like him. It's just insanity, that's what it is. I just hope that he gets locked away for the rest of his pathetic life, because killing him would just serve to make him a martyr.
                                The death penalty in Norway was abolished in 1905. I was discussing this with a couple of friends from Norway, and everyone is just in complete shock right now.
                                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Working...
                                X