Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Australia goes to the polls tomorrow a few months early because the sitting govt. had a dummy spit over the Senate blocking most of their proposed legislation in the interests of the nation. The Senate here is a house of review so bad legislation gets blocked.

There is almost no one worth voting for this time around.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      And Australia goes to the polls tomorrow a few months early because the sitting govt. had a dummy spit over the Senate blocking most of their proposed legislation in the interests of the nation. The Senate here is a house of review so bad legislation gets blocked.

There is almost no one worth voting for this time around.
      Would you prefer the US way of doing things where noting gets done and the "boss" can't do jack about it?
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        That is a tad too optimistic at this point in the game.
        Plus looking at the variations in all these damn polls, you just can't put any stock in them.

Originally posted by Womble View Post
        Hebron.

It was just published that the 13 year old girl who was murdered last night by this "freedom fighter" was a US citizen.
        Yea.. This evening's news was all over it..

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Would you prefer the US way of doing things where noting gets done and the "boss" can't do jack about it?
          Why is that bad, is it?

And why?
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            Aye but we're rubbish
            Just look at the Iceland Vikings -- anything is possible, just belief!

I so want them to win against Les Bleus (the French team).

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            So basically, any state has to allow any other state's citizens to be there, to be 'in the single market.. In that case, why even HAVE state/country borders anymore?
            For more on this - see here: freedom of movement for persons within the EU explained

Freedom of movement and residence for persons in the EU is the cornerstone of Union citizenship, which was established by the Treaty of Maastricht in 1992. Its practical implementation in EU law, however, has not been straightforward. It first involved the gradual phasing-out of internal borders under the Schengen agreements, initially in just a handful of Member States. Today, the provisions governing the free movement of persons are laid down in Directive 2004/38/EC on the right of EU citizens and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States, although substantial implementation obstacles persist.
            It even touches upon the recent refugee crisis.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            And they would need several trucks to just hold their noses up after a week!
            And even after that they would probably still continue to lie.

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
            I wouldn't read too much into that. The latest CNN poll shows Trump loosing. Some do show Clinton's lead shrinking by a few points. Interestingly enough, only 1% of African Americans are polling for Donald Trump.
            This FiveThirty.com or something website has predicted a 20% chance for Trump to become president.
            Hillary has 75% chance.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Sorry that this reply is a bit late

And I would bet that the mainstream media there opposed brexit anyway;
              The majority of British media is, and has been for decades, eurosceptic. Lying about the EU has been their favorite pasttime, a time honored tradition continued by Johnson and cohorts in their Leave Campaign. "350 million pounds" is both a false figure, and spending it on the NHS a false promise.

Not that the Remain campaign was that much better, considering that Cameron himself was a Sceptic, and even they could not think of nice things to say.

"the powers that be" like things the way they are, it's the ordinary working stiffs that supported brexit as I understand it.
              Polling suggests this isn't so. The political crisis going down in britain suggests it isn't so.

Besides, regions that benefit the most from the EU (like wales, which was about to recieve billions in aid) voted out. Clearly something went wrong there. I saw an article literally quoting a man "what have they done for us?". Well, give billions in aid?

It also speaks volumes that places with high immigration voted in and low immigration voted out.

Just as in the US, the powers that be are only concerned with their own well being, not that of the working class.
              The powers that be in this case being the UK government, not the EU.

Not that it will matter. No matter how much he tries, Farage isn't working class. Johnson isn't working class. They can scream all they want about sticking it to the elite, they're part of that same elite.

The best thing to come out of brexit is that people are aware that the power lies with them, not the politicians.

and the British people more than adequately demonstrated their resolve to stay a particular course back in WWII when even being the focus of Germany's constant air raids wasn't enough to deter them.
              Well half the country has their resolve on staying and half the country on leaving.
              Last edited by thekillman; 01 July 2016, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Gridlock or governmental paralysis is often the best we can hope for.

Comment

No, it isn't.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Shocking news!
                    Clinton doesn't want to release even more emails!

State Department seeks 27-month delay for release of Clinton Foundation emails

The State Department has sought to delay the court-ordered release of emails between four of Hillary Clinton's top aides and officials at the Clinton Foundation and a closely associated public relations firm.

The motion, filed in federal court by the Justice Department late Wednesday, seeks to put off the release of the emails by 27 months. It was first reported on by The Daily Caller.
                    And yet again, Hillary thinks she's above the law.

The truth of whatever she's hiding will eventually come out.

Don't the people deserve to know what all this is about BEFORE the election this fall?

Comment

You perhaps, us, not so much.
                      I honestly don't know what Coco is complaining about half the time. I get the dislike for the right leaning social aspects of the liberal party here, I get the apathy over they are all lying pratts, but our system -works-. When we get gridlock like yours, we have the option to dissolve both houses and re-vote for the whole lot (which is what we are doing tomorrow). It won't garentee a fix, but it gives the public option, and opinion to be heard.

Our system, for the most part, works as intended.
                      sigpic

Comment

Shocking news!

Clinton foundation (private emails) Vs Tax returns of Trump, something that has been considered public record for all candidates since I was born.
                        Sorry, did you think you had a point here?

Don't the people deserve to know what all this is about BEFORE the election this fall?
                        Well, considering the NINTH Bengazi investigation found exactly two thing's out (and jack just left town), can we ask you folks to question why your candidate won't even submit to a -first- inspection?
                        Or is that unfair left wing brow beating?
                        sigpic

Comment

Shocking news!

Well, on the up side, 27 months is better than 75 years.
                          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Clinton foundation (private emails) Vs Tax returns of Trump, something that has been considered public record for all candidates since I was born.
                            Sorry, did you think you had a point here?
                            Clinton's emails were not private. They were received and sent by her as the Secretary of State. They were work emails, government emails, sent improperly and illegally through a private server.
                            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                              Clinton's emails were not private. They were received and sent by her as the Secretary of State. They were work emails, government emails, sent improperly and illegally through a private server.
                              SoS emails are fair game.
                              CF emails are not.

If Hilary sent -government emails-, to -government recievers-, where are their copies of the emails?
                              Hillary can delete what she wants, it does not change the fact that the .GOV address would still have a copy of everything she sent to .GOV addresses.

Don't get me wrong, she is a dodgy piece of work, but this is just bulldust thrown over the ignorance of people who have no clue what a server is, or it's function.

-sent from my "homebrew server"-
                              (that you could track if you wanted too, I don't own Harry Potter's cloak)
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Just look at the Iceland Vikings -- anything is possible, just belief!
                                I hate to pull you up here, but a Viking who "just put their faith in the Gods", would soon be a dead Viking, and no one would mourn them.
                                Blind faith is a useless trait. Odin did not get receive knowledge of the Runes "because he is the big cheese", he hung on the World Tree and sacrificed his own body for such knowledge. Even the Gods get nothing for free, and we are no "better" nor deserving.

(Yes dear, Off topic I know, and totally beside the point, but it irks me, and I will admit I am in an irksome mood right now)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X