This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    ...due to the religious significance of the region.
    Religion, politics... people are the problem.

Which proofs your point.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
      All links to the same obscure video of an extremist group of a handful of people celebrating at a wedding. In private.
      You mean a "but"??
      Can you find anything actually equivalent to the Palestinian celebration? Public, unashamed, with cheering crowds of hundreds and thousands, handing out candy and cookies, setting off fireworks? An earnest grassroot mass celebration of a massacre committed by one of their own? You can't.
      I wasn't looking for one, I find the notion pretty foul as I already said.
      Better yet, your Google search has plenty of links to the condemnation of the aforementioned handful of extremists by the Israeli government and the Israeli mainstream society in general. Can you find me an official Palestinian condemnation of yesterday's mass celebrations? Nope. It's just as impossible as finding a Palestinian peace movement.
      I can find condemnation of the War in Iraq, I can find condemnation by Muslims over Isis, I can find ALL kinds of things if I bother to look. That link however was merely to show that such an event -did- happen, and to allow people to choose their source.
      It's a pretty scary thing to admit to yourself, I'll grant you that, but glorification of mass murder is part and parcel of Palestinian mainstream. It's part of their culture, what there is of one.
      I'm not really a fan of the Palestinian culture, what I am not a fan of is innocent people getting hurt, and I -do- believe there are innocent Palestinians.
      P.S. And music videos glorifying the mass murderers as heroic martyrs.
      I don't agree with that kind of stuff.
      P.P.S. The most interesting thing about the Palestinian mass celebrations of the massacre is that you can find virtually no mentions of them in the mainstream media except for Ban Ki-Moon's statement. Youtube and Facebook are awash with videos, and one couldn't miss the fireworks in Hebron and Gaza except on purpose. But not a single news report about the attack mentions Palestinian celebrations.
      We had a shooting in Sydney yesterday, an escaped mental patient, plus a few innocent bystanders got hit by the cops as well, yet I doubt it hit the news anywhere else either.
      Youtube and facebook are people driven outlets, and people post what they feel about, and people tend to feel the most about what affects them directly. I'm not saying it's right, in fact, I agree with our diplomat who you praised earlier, but I -also- know that his connection is based on what happened here as well, a -personal- connection, not because of anything else.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

You have the concept right, but a little off in the details. It would indeed be a great day if all of the fighting in that part of the world would stop, but not only won't it be in your lifetime, but unless somebody glasses the region, it won't happen ever, due to the religious significance of the region.
        If I glass the US, does the rest of the world not have to worry about your elections anymore?
        I say we err on the side of conservatism and nuke it till it glows then shoot it in the dark..............

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
          my question didn't involve phasers or grey men, it was serious
          So was my answer
          correction:I clarified & elaborated upon the scenario
          you mean you altered it.
          also my scenario, my parameters, my rules
          geez, lay off the SS will ya!!
          good. still wanna live in Indonesia?
          No, but I was given limited options.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            geez, lay off the SS will ya!!
            uh...

Comment

If I glass the US, does the rest of the world not have to worry about your elections anymore?
              I say we err on the side of conservatism and nuke it till it glows then shoot it in the dark..............

it would be an act of mercy

Comment

I don't mean this to sound as hostile as it comes off, but never the less, it is my opinion.
                Other countries don't have to worry about our elections at all. To be blunt, they don't get a say in the matter. Worry about the government in your own countries.

Comment

I don't mean this to sound as hostile as it comes off, but never the less, it is my opinion.
                  Other countries don't have to worry about our elections at all. To be blunt, they don't get a say in the matter. Worry about the government in your own countries.
                  You don't think that the overarching political position of not only one of our greatest allies, but a nation that maintains a permanent military presence in our nation "won't affect us"??

You staying has an impact, you leaving has an impact, trade has an impact. This is not "them liburals in New York city" Vs "upstate New York", this is nations we are talking about.

Wake up and realise that people don't pay attention because "it's funny", but because it will directly affect other nations.
                  sigpic

Comment

Other countries don't have to worry about our elections at all
                    yeah man it's not like the politics of the 1st world power have incidence on the rest of the world. I mean we don't worry about Togo or Bangladesh, why worry about the US?

Comment

Wake up and realise that people don't pay attention because "it's funny", but because it will directly affect other nations.
                      It's funny too -- in some twisted way.

Comment

You don't think that the overarching political position of not only one of our greatest allies, but a nation that maintains a permanent military presence in our nation "won't affect us"??

You staying has an impact, you leaving has an impact, trade has an impact. This is not "them liburals in New York city" Vs "upstate New York", this is nations we are talking about.

It absolutely may have an impact. But at the end of the day, other nations don't get a voice in our political systems. So whatever we decide to do, (And I think we're going to do something incredibly stupid, put Hillary in) there is no point in worry about something that you cannot change.

Comment

It absolutely may have an impact. But at the end of the day, other nations don't get a voice in our political systems. So whatever we decide to do, (And I think we're going to do something incredibly stupid, put Hillary in) there is no point in worry about something that you cannot change.
                          You have not voted yet, so yes, there is a reason to care.
                          sigpic

Comment

But at the end of the day, other nations don't get a voice in our political systems.
                            The reverse, however, ...

Comment

*snort*

"“He needs someone highly experienced and very knowledgeable because it’s pretty obvious he doesn’t know a lot about the issues,” Mr. McConnell said. “You see that in the debates in which he’s participated. It’s why I have argued to him publicly and privately that he ought to use a script more often — there is nothing wrong with having prepared texts.”"

Source: Mitch McConnell Hints at Republicans’ Reservations With Donald Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                The reverse, however, ...
                                ...is Manifest Destiny. it's honourable, righteous & justified

Comment

Working...
                                X