This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Womble View Post
    Biggest load of nonsense ever spoken since the idyllic pictures of Saddam Hussein's Iraq in Michael Moore's nonsenementaries. Lazy thinkers and their fallacies of a single cause annoy me.

"Stability" in Iraq was maintained by recurring local genocides - Kurds, marsh Arabs, you name it. Everyone was fine with it so long as it didn't spill outside of Iraq's borders.

"Stability" in Syria was very much the same. Yemen was never actually stable in the first place. Egypt WAS stable, but its lapse into Muslim Brotherhood rule owed much more to Obama's enthusiastic support (who threatened to cut off US aid to Egypt if Mubarak didn't step down and the Brotherhood wasn't allowed to run for government) than it ever did to Bush. Jordan and the Gulf states were stable then, are stable now.

So the real question is, is there a "region" to discuss in unified terms at all?
    He did not say it was -good-
    If you maintain power by killing your own people, or your neighbours, or the people who "look funny" to maintain that "stability", your a bad guy (TM), but good and stable are not synonyms.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      It was not just him. Tony Blair and John Howard were also complicit in the lies that got us into Iraq. Why are those three not on trial?
      Give it time, if we ever get e Chilcot report we might get our wish.

Comment

It was not just him. Tony Blair and John Howard were also complicit in the lies that got us into Iraq. Why are those three not on trial?
        Are you guilty for believing your friends lies and acting on them?
        Guilty of stupidity and poor judgement sure, but anything else?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
          yes but Hillary had an email server in her bathroom
          She had LSL
          (light server leakage)
          sigpic

Comment

Theres pads for that
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
              Theres pads for that
              Indeed
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                Biggest load of nonsense ever spoken since the idyllic pictures of Saddam Hussein's Iraq in Michael Moore's nonsenementaries. Lazy thinkers and their fallacies of a single cause annoy me.
                You do realize what relative means?

Now it's a hive of scum and villainy. and terrorists. Mostly terrorists. Prior to that it was like Israel: an oppressive regime who mostly murdered minorities. Wait what do you say? Isreal is an ally?

Though it's called "politics thread" it practically is "american politics thread". The topic is also US presidents.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                But didn't most of his advisors TELL him that there were WMD's there? It was not all HIS fault.
                No. There were advisors who told him the exact opposite.

In fact, prior to invasion inspectors found no evidence of WMD's, and what evidence they had previously found (like high grade aluminium tubes) turned out to be used for very different purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  You do realize what relative means?

Now it's a hive of scum and villainy. and terrorists. Mostly terrorists. Prior to that it was like Israel: an oppressive regime who mostly murdered minorities. Wait what do you say? Isreal is an ally?
                  You know you are gonna cop flack for that.
                  Though it's called "politics thread" it practically is "american politics thread". The topic is also US presidents.
                  Hey!!
                  Us non yanks get a word in sometimes!!
                  No. There were advisors who told him the exact opposite.

In fact, prior to invasion inspectors found no evidence of WMD's, and what evidence they had previously found (like high grade aluminium tubes) turned out to be used for very different purposes.
                  Baseball bats??
                  sigpic

Comment

Prior to that it was like Israel: an oppressive regime who mostly murdered minorities
                    how's that possible if Israel doesn't have the death penalty?

(also comparing the 2: how did each treat their own people?)
                    Last edited by SoulReaver; 06 June 2016, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                      Give it time, if we ever get e Chilcot report we might get our wish.

It won't happen. If it did happen much noise and chaos would follow such a trial.
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        You know you are gonna cop flack for that.
                        I don't care. I can see the american appeal: bunch of people invaded a country, suppressed the original inhabitants and then put them in an isolated region and murder them.

Us non yanks get a word in sometimes!!
                        I know, but contextually the topic was US presidents. Still, the Iraq war was a big political mess. It's no surprise Obama can't find support for military action after such a stunt. I can see why the UK went with it given their history with the US. But the rest of the world should never have went with it.

Baseball bats??
                        Ultra-high quality ones. Extra satisfying "ping!" sound.

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                        how's that possible if they don't have the death penalty?
                        Well, saddam used mustard gas as his death penalty of choice.

Comment

Well, saddam used mustard gas as his death penalty of choice.
                          I edited
                          anyway Iraq did have the death penalty under Saddam (then it was abolished after the occupation but they reinstated it. looks like these people really ain't meant for democracy lol)

Comment

Because Belgian politics are too complicated to the rest of the world, even Belgians get confused.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

They can't even agree on a language. How can one expect them to agree on a society?
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                They can't even agree on a language. How can one expect them to agree on a society?
                                The constitution speaks of two official languages - Dutch and French. And German joined in a not so official capacity after WWII.

But I do agree out language lawss are backwards.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X