Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here is looking to join the military?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egeria
    Are you on about the forum called ARRSE?
    Indeed.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Im not joining the military. To scared
      sigpic
      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick
        Im not joining the military. To scared
        Too

Hehehehehe.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by Three PhDs
          Indeed.
          That place cracks me up.

Comment

That place cracks me up.
            Wonderful. I love you.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Are you on about the forum called ARRSE?
              er... no

should I be?
              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

I'd thought of it, after school. I wanted to go on to university, but didn't have any money. I'd seriously thought about it, but didn't end up going that route.

After I got my MBA, I was contacted by the CIA, though, as part of their recruitment drive. That was a very cool conversation.
                Jezisi, ja s tema hercema nemuzu delat!!!

Comment

i've been thinking about it

lve in america
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I would beg you to reconsider, but it's your life. For me, I'm a pacifist by heart and has never been involved in a fight, not really anyway.

I would rather die or go to jail then go over and fight in whatever stupid war our glorious leaders have whipped up for us.

All IMHO, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Battousai the Manslayer View Post
                      I never used the words cannon fodder. I was merely questioning your rationale, "they spend so much on training Marines that they're not viewed as easily expendable (not exact quote)." Well I brought up the point, if they spend so much on Marines then why didn't they invest in body armor, or armor plating for hum-vees...just two examples.

The anwser is NOT that the military doesn't have enough money. It's the best funded military in the history of the Earth. In addition, defense spending just got another raise, not to mention all of the homeland security money that didn't go to anything useful.
                      They choose to spend their money on other things besides Marines; technological advancements, research, etc...
                      Now go back and read the thread properly, the conversation was about Royal Marines.

Comment

well with the north Korea situation heating up I've always had a interest with that whole thing
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Two points for civillians not in a position to know this:

Body Armor:
                          The military has had modern body armor since the 1980's. There are improvements that come out from time to time and those improvements are put into the field as fast as suppliers can crank out the product. Just such an update was going on when the war started. The newer armor has no long since been deployed, but of course the critics don't want to give up one of their favorite complaints just because it's not valid.

Armored Vehicles:
                          (Two Parter)
                          a) In instances like the Stryker, where experiences in the field point out new ways to do things; the lessons are applied. In this case the protection that bears a resmblance to venetian blinds. Complaining that those vehicles didn't have that protection beforehand is to complain that the military didn't call the Psychic Friends network before going to war.
                          b) Armored Personnel Carriers sometimes roll over mines that are designed to kill tanks. Complaining about their lack of armor is like complaining that baseball players aren't protected as well as Hockey Goalies. It betrays a lack of understanding of the way differeing missions impact the design choices of differing vehicles.

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
                          - Stephen Colbert
                          "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Comment

I've always thought about joining the army, but with all the media going on about lack of resources for British troops, it worries me. But if there ever was a major war, i would join up straight away. I do believe in National Service, it could do this country alot of favours. But unfortunately we don't have the money as it is all going into benefits, which is being ripped off by alot of people. But anyway, i might join the airforce and be in a ground crew, i like flying of course, but i'm too big for the cockpit. So i might as well do that instead.

Comment

omg, not National Service! the regulars would leave in droves!
                              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X