No announcement yet.

What was the last movie you saw ? + recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beetlejuice. I haven't seen this movie in... 14 years?? The movie seemed so much better when I was a kid but I still like it a lot. Michael Keaton was amazing and I loved the visuals.
    sigpic

Comment

On DVD: Letters to Juliet

IHS
      sigpic

Comment

On DVD: Taken
        Gripping action-thriller starring Liam Neeson.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

X-Men: First Class

Really great, it has restored my faith in the franchise
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Leleth View Post
            Beetlejuice. I haven't seen this movie in... 14 years?? The movie seemed so much better when I was a kid but I still like it a lot. Michael Keaton was amazing and I loved the visuals.
            I watched it last night! Brought me back too I watched it when I was like 10. Creepy indeed.
            "Go to hell!"

"Earth first!"

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
              X-Men: First Class

Really great, it has restored my faith in the franchise
              Actually, it was not as good I had expected. I expected something epic. Of course the end scene was awesome, but still.

It's a must watch anyway.

Comment

White Noise. For some bizarre reason I've always found these type of movies very disturbing. The ending was stupid but I must admit I had to keep my eyes closed a few times 'cause I was scared. And that doesn't happen often!
                sigpic

Comment

Paul

One hell of a film. Don't watch it if you're not into stupid humour, nerd-teasing and swearing. Lotsa swearing.

Other than that i absolutely adore Nick Frost and Simon Pegg. They have this innate ability to take something simple, add a dash of humour and some twists and you will watch it again. Paul is so rude and crude and unlike any alien film ever made.
                  sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

How to Train Your Dragon. Enjoyed it.

Tangled. Your typical Disney movie. Good but not among my favorites.

The original True Grit.

Watched the remake last week and saw that the original was on tv last night. The Duke still has the better one. Though not his best movie or my favorite (The Cowboys). At least I could understand everything John Wayne was saying. I didn't particularly like Jeff Bridges dialogue delivery as sometimes I couldn't understand what the heck he was saying...thus I found it annoying. Plus you had Wayne on horseback cocking that Winchester rifle one handed.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

Red Riding Hood. I'm honestly lost for words after seeing this disaster. What was the target audience for this movie and why did it feel like I was watching a Twilight remake with werewolves instead of vampires? The visuals were nice I guess... Can't think of anything else nice to say about Red Riding Hood
                      sigpic

Comment

On DVD:
                        The Blair Witch Project
                        Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by Leleth View Post
                          Red Riding Hood. I'm honestly lost for words after seeing this disaster. What was the target audience for this movie and why did it feel like I was watching a Twilight remake with werewolves instead of vampires? The visuals were nice I guess... Can't think of anything else nice to say about Red Riding Hood
                          Because that is basically what it was. It was directed by the lady that did the first Twilight.
                          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                            Because that is basically what it was. It was directed by the lady that did the first Twilight.
                            Yeah I knew it was the same director. I haven't even seen any of the Twilight movies besides few trailers and screenshots and still Red Riding Hood felt just like Twilight. Bizarre.
                            sigpic

Comment

Cinema: The Green Lantern

I'm not the greatest fan of Ryan Reynolds as an actor but he did an okay job in the lead role for this movie.

I thought the visuals were very impressive and the 3D for them worked incredibly well.

The storyline was good but I couldn't but help but feel that maybe certain elements of it were rushed and pushed through.

I had trouble trying to get close to the characters so I could care and sympathise with them more. They're all given back stories but it feels rushed and pushed through and as a result I couldn't engage with them. I found myself not particularly caring for them and as a result moments of emotion within the movie fell flat with me.

Comment

Halloween III: Season Of The Witch.

Comment

Working...
                                X