What was the last movie you saw ? + recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Only Live Twice

Certainly the most unapologetically racist Bond movie ever made....and a lot of fun
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

On VCD: Azumi, Samurai Princess, Kazumi (I think is what it was titled, took it back ot the l ibrary a moment ago, forgot actual title), Ultimate Versus, Death Trance

On DVD: Tangled, Die Another Day, Lord of War

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Deja Vu is a great movie! I highly recommend it. Anything with Denzel Washington is gonna be a good movie, I haven't seen one yet I didn't like.

The Leonardo DiCaprio movies I've seen have been good, Blood Diamond, The Departed, Body of Lies, Inception, Catch Me If You Can and Shutter Island. I watched Revolutionary Road a couple days ago, it was alright. Leonardo DiCaprio proves my point once again that men are at their hottest when they're in their 30's. Jensen Ackles proves this too, I could go on, but I wont.
        sigpic

Comment

The Fall of Sam Axe

Prequel to the TV show Burn Notice, it was awesome!
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

On Her Majesty's Secret Service
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              On Her Majesty's Secret Service
              Disappointing movie. Although more for me because it was probably the best book. I'm a much bigger fan of the books than the movies. You get so much more of his inner thoughts in the books as opposed to the the sexist, generic action character of the movies.
              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                Disappointing movie. Although more for me because it was probably the best book. I'm a much bigger fan of the books than the movies. You get so much more of his inner thoughts in the books as opposed to the the sexist, generic action character of the movies.
                Haven't read any of the books myself, but I'd agree that it was a very disappointing movie. It would've been difficult for anyone to step into Sean Connery's shoes, but George Lazenby was just so bad that I can't fathom how anyone ever thought he was a good casting choice. Add that to a movie that takes too damn long to get to the point, marred with ludicrous parts speckled throughout (like....Blofeld doesn't recognize Bond? What?!) and you get a pretty lame movie. The worst of the Bond flicks, IMO.

Comment

Haven't read any of the books myself, but I'd agree that it was a very disappointing movie. It would've been difficult for anyone to step into Sean Connery's shoes, but George Lazenby was just so bad that I can't fathom how anyone ever thought he was a good casting choice. Add that to a movie that takes too damn long to get to the point, marred with ludicrous parts speckled throughout (like....Blofeld doesn't recognize Bond? What?!) and you get a pretty lame movie. The worst of the Bond flicks, IMO.
                  The books are so, so much better. (the original Ian Fleming books not the books they authorized afterward that are in the current movie style). But On Her Majesty's Secret Service would never make a good movie (especially in the Bond style) unless you made a mini series to get the full detail. When I 1st saw the movie, I could follow along because I knew all the stuff they were leaving out, I can't imagine what someone would make of it without knowing all that - I think it would be a jumbled mess.

They were still trying to generally follow the books at this point and hadn't moved into the 'let's just use the a title and come up with our own plot' or when they started taking bits and pieces from several books into one movie.
                  sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Diamonds Are Forever

A solid final outing for Sean Connery IMO. It's been a long time since I've watched these movies

Comment

Die Hard 1 & 2, 4 (have yet to see DH 3)

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

You skipped the amazing 3 to watch the horrid horrid 4?

Comment

You skipped the amazing 3 to watch the horrid horrid 4?
                          Library does not have three 4 was good, I enjoyed it, unrated is best

Comment

Law Abiding Citizen

It was cool
                            Last edited by yessika; 21 April 2011, 03:06 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

On TV: Lethal Weapon 3

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                                Library does not have three 4 was good, I enjoyed it, unrated is best
                                Ah, that's unfortunate. 3 was fantastic; 4....well I thought even the unrated version was terrible.

Live and Let Die

Comment

Working...
                                X