What was the last movie you saw ? + recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V for Vendetta.

A strange film, part sci-fi, part action. It is littered with appearences of the great and good of the British acting fraternity, and is set in a UK being run by a totalitarian, one party state.
    The hero goes everywhere in a Guy Fawkes mask and is bent on the destruction of parliament. It is a very dark tale, littered with genetic experiments, torture, murder and mayhem and may not be to everybodies taste.

It was made by the makers of The Matrix and I enjoyed it. However, I think it's one of those films that people are either going to love or hate.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee View Post
      V for Vendetta.

A strange film, part sci-fi, part action. It is littered with appearences of the great and good of the British acting fraternity, and is set in a UK being run by a totalitarian, one party state.
      The hero goes everywhere in a Guy Fawkes mask and is bent on the destruction of parliament. It is a very dark tale, littered with genetic experiments, torture, murder and mayhem and may not be to everybodies taste.

It was made by the makers of The Matrix and I enjoyed it. However, I think it's one of those films that people are either going to love or hate.
      This is one of those movies I enjoy watching over and over and over again! I love it!

I recently saw Kung Fu Panda and enjoyed it!
      sigpic

Comment

On DVD: Alien Vs. Predator (2004)

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Shutter Island

Good movie though a while back I had read a spoiler as to the ending so it sort of ruined the suspense.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Films: Once Upon a Time in China series, Handsome Siblings, (American translation; The Amazing Twin), Matrix series (1&2 as I do not have 3 anywhere in sight), Hero

TV series: Surrogate Son, Love comes in Pairs, White Snake Legend, Strange Tales of Lao Zhai, Tales from Lao Zhai, Fairy from Wonderland, Gold Snake Sword, Wind and Cloud; the Storm Riders, Magic Mirror, Seven Swords of Mount Heaven

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

On Sky Movies: The Faculty (1998)

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I watched Alien last night, after getting the Alien Anthology BD set earlier in the day
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  I watched Alien last night, after getting the Alien Anthology BD set earlier in the day
                  I'm so sorry.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Hey it's okay, maybe you can come next time.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hey it's okay, maybe you can come next time.
                      I have a thing against bad movies. I don't watch them
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        I have a thing against bad movies. I don't watch them
                        Then I'm not really sure what Alien has to do with this conversation.

Comment

Then I'm not really sure what Alien has to do with this conversation.
                          I'm doing what you use to do to people when you thought they watched bad movies/TV shows. Mocking them
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm doing what you use to do to people when you thought they watched bad movies/TV shows. Mocking them
                            Key words there

But you might've picked an actually middling movie, rather than a title that's rightly recognized as a classic

Comment

Key words there

But you might've picked an actually middling movie, rather than a title that's rightly recognized as a classic
                              Thats just a matter of perspective. One peson's classic is another person's abomination
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Thats just a matter of perspective. One peson's classic is another person's abomination
                                Like Titanic? Or is that just truly bad? I reckon we should search out every copy of that movie and burn them all in a big bonfire.
                                sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X