No announcement yet.

What was the last movie you saw ? + recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Gateworlders, please have mercy on your brain cells. Do not, under any circumstances, watch the new Total Recall or The Bourne Legacy if you value your sanity.
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
      Dear Gateworlders, please have mercy on your brain cells. Do not, under any circumstances, watch the new Total Recall or The Bourne Legacy if you value your sanity.
      Oh good, for a second I was wondering if it was worth it, Personally without mars or Arnie, its not Recall, its Rekall!

As for me I saw the following in the following order

Transformers: Dark of the Moon
      Abbott & Costello meet the Mummy
      Abbott & Costello meet Frankenstien
      TRON
      TRON Legacy
      Jumanji

My muse is in overdrive now..... Ouch

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Ha! I heard the Total Recall remake should be recalled (), the Bourne Legacy was that bad?
        || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Rocky - 1976

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
          Spoiler:
          I don't believe I've ever seen a Van Damme film before.

IHS
          I haven't seen all of his movies but my favorite is his 1st - Bloodsport - 1988

(when looking for the date I realized I haven't seen any of his movie released in the last 10 yrs)
          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
            Ha! I heard the Total Recall remake should be recalled (), the Bourne Legacy was that bad?
            Yes. It has fanfiction-level plot that goes nowhere, it sends the whole Bourne thing to a completely unnecessary sci-fi direction, and the ending seems to have happened where the writer ran out of thinking.
            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Yes. It has fanfiction-level plot that goes nowhere, it sends the whole Bourne thing to a completely unnecessary sci-fi direction, and the ending seems to have happened where the writer ran out of thinking.
              Ha! Sounds lovely. Guess I'll save a buck and skip the DVD rental.
              || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Too Boldy Flee. eh I liked it.
                I like Sharky
                sigpic

Comment

TV: Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

DVD: Safe

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

At the beginning of the 21st century, the Umbrella Corporation had become the largest commercial entity in the United States. Nine out of every ten homes contain its products. Its political and financial influence is felt everywhere. In public, it is the world's leading supplier of computer technology, medical products, and healthcare. Unknown, even to its own employees, its massive profits are generated by military technology, genetic experimentation and viral weaponry.

DVD:
                      Resident Evil
                      Resident Evil: Apocalypse
                      Resident Evil: Extinction

Blu-Ray:
                      Resident Evil: Afterlife

Cinema:
                      Resident Evil: Retribution

TO BE CONTINUED...

Comment

Battleship- I thought it was good.
                        sigpic

Comment

Do not, under any circumstances, watch the new Total Recall or The Bourne Legacy if you value your sanity.
                          I didn't have a problem with the new Total Recall. I'd agree that Bourne Legacy (whilst not awful) was pretty uninspired compared the the Damon episodes. Dredd-3D was fine, so far as it went, but it just felt like a remake of The Raid (which I only saw relatively recently). Finally, saw Taken 2 yesterday: completely underwhelmed by it: lame, silly and unbelievable, just complete self-indulgence by Besson.

Comment

I posted this in the sci-fi forum, forgot about this thread, but this weekend I saw Dredd, and Looper.
                            Both were awesome.

Comment

Extreme Crisis starring Chilam Chueng, a well made Hong Kong movie, modern day {1998} film with lots of action and gun play, a thrillaminute ride. Well worth it

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Yellowbeard!!

I love older movies, less splash but alot more substance.
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X