What was the last movie you saw ? + recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD: Four Lions

Movie surrounding four Jihad suicide bombers in Britain with some extremely funny moments but also has a side with its moments of reflection on a very highly controversial issue.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I don't watch movies all that often (I prefer TV - why? Who knows....), but last night I decided to watch The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. Now THAT's what I call a tear-jerker. It was a good movie, but honestly I found the end almost nauseating. I kind of wish someone had warned me what would happen so I could prepare myself. What a talented young actor Asa Butterfield was (and is), though.
      sigpic
      Sig and avi by yamiinsane

Comment

DVD: Caddyshack

"Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac... It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!"

Funny thy name is "Caddyshack". Watch it.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

"Singing in the Rain"....on the big screen at my local theater, courtesy Turner Classic Movies, to mark the movie's 60th anniversary, played in most large cities around the US, one night only. Anyone else pick up on this? Always a pleasure to watch the old MGM classic musicals, in any format, but seeing Gene Kelly sloshing and dancing his way down that rain soaked street on the big screen....no way was I gonna miss that!

Bill K

Comment

Blu-Ray: Universal Soldier

Scott: You're dead soldier...

Luc: No... I'm alive.

Fantastic action thriller that centres around two soldiers - one a psychotic maniac (Dolph Lundgren) the other a young man just wanting to go home (Jean-Claude Van Damme) - that have been resurrected and had their minds wiped approx. 20-years after their deaths in Vietnam to become part of a top secret military program called Universal Soldier. Eventually their memories return and both resume their violent feud. Martial arts, gun battles, and vehicle chase sequences? This movie has all that and more! Totally recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              Blu-Ray: Universal Soldier

Scott: You're dead soldier...

Luc: No... I'm alive.

Fantastic action thriller that centres around two soldiers - one a psychotic maniac (Dolph Lundgren) the other a young man just wanting to go home (Jean-Claude Van Damme) - that have been resurrected and had their minds wiped approx. 20-years after their deaths in Vietnam to become part of a top secret military program called Universal Soldier. Eventually their memories return and both resume their violent feud. Martial arts, gun battles, and vehicle chase sequences? This movie has all that and more! Totally recommended!
              I saw that when it first came out and really enjoyed it. So I give it a gold star. I am a female that loves a good action flick. Years later there was a TV show on (Profiler) that a friend told me to check out because I always wondered what made a serial killer tick. I liked it and became a fan. What I questioned was, who is Ally Walker and why does she have her own TV show. So I looked her up. Response...She was in Universal Soldier...Really...Where? The thing is Van Damme and Lundgren were so entertaining and the action amazing that I didn't really notice her.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Midnight View Post
                I saw that when it first came out and really enjoyed it. So I give it a gold star. I am a female that loves a good action flick. Years later there was a TV show on (Profiler) that a friend told me to check out because I always wondered what made a serial killer tick. I liked it and became a fan. What I questioned was, who is Ally Walker and why does she have her own TV show. So I looked her up. Response...She was in Universal Soldier...Really...Where? The thing is Van Damme and Lundgren were so entertaining and the action amazing that I didn't really notice her.
                I agree. Ally Walker is a really good actress and she does extremely well in Universal Soldier, its just a shame that she is slightly overshadowed by the type of movie it is and the focus on Van Damme and Lundgren's characters.

Comment

Saw Amazing Spider-Man with my mother, since the rest of my family couldn't be convinced that a reboot was worth seeing so soon after the Tobey Maguire spidey. It was all right--entertaining and never dragged, thought I was honestly expecting a bit more. It's actually kind of funny that despite how Tobey always looks like he's a on the verge of tears, I'm pretty sure this guy did more actual crying.

The Stan Lee cameo was hilarious, though.
                  || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                    The Stan Lee cameo was hilarious, though.
                    even funnier in the Outtakes "Spiderman stole that kids sneaker, oh {bleeped}!!" with the whole crew roaring with laughter

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Tin Tin

Cute. Worth a watch once but that's it. Jumps too fast from scene to scene, but in the end to long. Should have cut a 20 min, including at least half of the last fight. Reminded me of an animated Raiders of the Lost Ark., So having not read the old books this was based on, I was wondering thru the film if Spielberg got his idea from the books or did he inject Raiders style into this movie.

Originally posted by Bill K View Post
                      "Singing in the Rain"....on the big screen at my local theater, courtesy Turner Classic Movies, to mark the movie's 60th anniversary, played in most large cities around the US, one night only. Anyone else pick up on this? Always a pleasure to watch the old MGM classic musicals, in any format, but seeing Gene Kelly sloshing and dancing his way down that rain soaked street on the big screen....no way was I gonna miss that!

Bill K
                      Damn!! I would have liked to see this on the big screen. Although I would have hated to have to stay in my seat when it started raining. (I always have to get up and dance along when I'm watching at home )
                      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

In April my brother and I watched Batman Begins. I had never seen it. It was okay.

Then the night before last I finally watched The Dark Night. It was AWESOME!

Now for my Brother and my birthdays (his is the 18th and mine is the 19th of July) we go see the next one. whew hew!
                        Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Saw
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Terminator Salvation
                            Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
                            Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

Blu-Ray: Universal Soldier: Regeneration

Scott: "Do you ever think about humankind and its destiny?!?! Yes or no?!?! Do you?!?!"

*crushes scientists head*

When terrorists kidnap the son and daughter of the Russian prime minister and threaten nuclear attack unless their demands are met, the Universal Soldier programme is reactivated but is met with resistance from a far more advanced UniSol (Andrei Arlovski). Enter former UniSol Luc Deveraux (Jean-Claude Van Damme) who is living a traumatised life following his resurrection and restoration of memories 17-years previously. He is brought back in to the UniSol program to combat the terrorists and their advanced UniSol, rescue the prime ministers children and stop nuclear devastation...but he must also get through his former Vietnam CO and nemesis, Andrew Scott (Dolph Lundgren).

This sequel to the original 1992 movie is a great action thriller with a fast, rough and wild opening car chase, plenty of gun battles, and the fight sequences are so incredibly raw and brutal especially the one between Van Damme and Lundgren's characters. I love the first Universal Soldier but because this 2009 sequel is so much more grittier and grimier - which is undoubtedly helped by the filming locations used, the score music (and sometimes even the lack of score music which leaves it to the natural sounds of the local surroundings) and the way it is directed - that makes this movie that much more of an intense viewing experience I might love it just a little bit more.

I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel!

Universal Soldier: Regeneration is most definitely recommended!
                              Last edited by Alan; 14 July 2012, 03:09 PM.

Comment

The Dark Knight
                                Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
                                Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

Working...
                                X