The Female Thread Of Femaleness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
    yeah...they think they're all tough...but we know the truth... there's a reason why the girls are the ones to have babies; boys TOTALLY couldn't handle it, nine months of discomfort and pain to culiminate in pain like you can't believe (but quickly forget as soon as you see that sweet little baby, trust me!)
    The meds they give you make everything happy though.

Comment

Originally posted by cowpants View Post
      The meds they give you make everything happy though.
      eh first time around it went to fast, couldn't get meds and ended up w/ a c-section (he was breach), second time around had to have a c-section with no labor....so only a spinal for me, that once it wore off, things got interesting...it was rough trying to walk around or sit (and both boys spent time in the NICU so i HAD to get around...)

but i've heard the meds are WONDERFUL!
      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      sigpic

Comment

eh first time around it went to fast, couldn't get meds and ended up w/ a c-section (he was breach), second time around had to have a c-section with no labor....so only a spinal for me, that once it wore off, things got interesting...it was rough trying to walk around or sit (and both boys spent time in the NICU so i HAD to get around...)

but i've heard the meds are WONDERFUL!
        I've heard different women have different reactions to the meds.... I, for instance, pretty much went to sleep and woke up with a baby in my arms.

Comment

I've heard different women have different reactions to the meds.... I, for instance, pretty much went to sleep and woke up with a baby in my arms.
          That is one of my biggest fears about labor. I know it will be painful, but I want to be able to stay awake and remember all of it.
          sigpic

Comment

my sister had an epidural with my niece and it just dulled the pain but didn't totally get rid of it....of course she also had the shortest labor and delivery in the world!
            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mariellelita View Post
              That is one of my biggest fears about labor. I know it will be painful, but I want to be able to stay awake and remember all of it.
              Eh, it's very rare. Most of the time it is just pain dulling. I wouldn't be concerned. I'm a special case. And anybody who knows me on these boards can confirm as much.

Comment

haha only b/c they have a MUCH lower threshold for pain!
                depends what kinda pain
                for instance men tolerate women better than women tolerate each other

Originally posted by Mariellelita View Post

there we go
                yall aren't more pain-tolerant, just more masochistic

Comment

Of course, I've never had any children yet. It seems like a scary thought.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                    men have to handle a different sort of pain & discomfort. putting up with their partner's caprices & mood-swings for 9 months, that's a feat in itself

in fact I'll go as far as to say that a woman's pregnancy is even more painful for the man than for the woman
                    Spoiler:
                    Soul. You have to know how fully ridiculous that statement is. Seriously, women practice for pregnancy pains monthly for years before they usually have any children. You know what I'm talking about.
                    Spoiler:
                    Women's periods make them desensitized to physical pain you ninny!
                    StarshineRoxie
                    A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
                    sigpic

Comment

Eh, it's very rare. Most of the time it is just pain dulling. I wouldn't be concerned. I'm a special case. And anybody who knows me on these boards can confirm as much.
                      Yeah, because you're not really a girl. You can take all the meds you want and someone can put a baby in your arms, but you can't have labor pains because you are male.

I'm sorry Cow. But you are too sweet and honest a person to be lied to, even in your own charade. You're a beautiful, wonderful, good friend and I don't think I could have faced a lot around here without you're brilliant male perspective. I believe everything happens for a reason, even how we are born. I support you, even if you want to be a more feministic, sensitive kind of guy, but you are wonderful as you really are, no matter what you feel like doing or wearing. Never be ashamed of yourself, no matter what anyone tries to tell you. Never give in to deception to please others in society and their perspective of what a certain gender should behave like. I've learned from life that if you are able to be more accepting of yourself, then you will be at peace with yourself.
                      Last edited by starshineRoxie; 22 June 2009, 12:39 PM.
                      StarshineRoxie
                      A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
                      sigpic

Comment

men have to handle a different sort of pain & discomfort. putting up with their partner's caprices & mood-swings for 9 months, that's a feat in itself

in fact I'll go as far as to say that a woman's pregnancy is even more painful for the man than for the woman
                        Spoiler:
                        Oooo that was naughty.....

I soooooooooo hope that happens to me!!! I'm not pregnant yet cause I'm looking for someone who has twins in the family who looks exactly like my husband cause I only wanna do it once but I want two children.... thats the plan anyways....
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starshineRoxie View Post
                          Soul. You have to know how fully ridiculous that statement is. Seriously, women practice for pregnancy pains monthly for years before they usually have any children. You know what I'm talking about. Women's periods make them desensitized to physical pain you ninny!
                          yeeeah well I guess it's tough luck for you luv :/
                          through personal experience (not me ) I can tell you that periods aren't necessarily painful, nowhere near what you make them out to be at any rate. for instance they can last ~3 days (which apparently is a short time from what I've heard) and the usual "symptoms" are minimal
                          and sometimes no periods at all (not pregnancy (afaik -))

now I know the severity of the symptoms varies with each person but perhaps it has to do with health, general fitness, corpulence, age & so on ? (for instance for women who haven't reached their twenties yet, is it less severe etc.)
                          Originally posted by michellec24_7 View Post
                          Oooo that was naughty.....

Comment

yeeeah well I guess it's tough luck for you luv :/
                            through personal experience (not me ) I can tell you that periods aren't necessarily painful, nowhere near what you make them out to be at any rate. for instance they can last only ~3 days (which apparently is a short time from what I've heard) and the usual "symptoms" are minimal
                            and sometimes no periods at all (not pregnancy (afaik -))

now I know the severity of the symptoms varies with each person but perhaps it has to do with health, general fitness, corpulence, age & so on ? (for instance for women who haven't reached their twenties yet, is it less severe etc.)
                            If you didn't experience it yourself how can you call it 'personal experience'?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                              If you didn't experience it yourself how can you call it 'personal experience'?
                              you mean personally knowing someone who did doesn't count as personal experience ?

my bad then, I'll rephrase that :

through personal experience of someone who did experience it personally, [...]

better ?

Comment

Mine were hell when I first started until I reached about 19.... cramps so bad my legs felt numb and I had to walk bent over cause of the back pain.
                                But then they just settled down and now the only really painful bit is the crying/shouting/hyperactivity/uncontrollable giggles..... so I would say its more severe early on which I guess proves the earlier point..... women get used to the pain hence a higher pain threshold
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X