This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Julez
    Ha Ha! I assure you that we are 2 different women, just have the same first name.
    Okay, good stuff. I was gonna get really paranoid for a minute there.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
      first, not mythology, second, Christianity has deep roots in Judaism. Jesus was a Jew, and was sent to fulfill the prophecies in the Bible, which were written by Jews. He fulfilled each and every one, and thereby completed Judaism into christianity, allowing both Jews and Gentiles (translated into those who aren't jewish) to receive God and enter Heaven. You don't like it, tough.
      Uh, I should point out that Jews don't believe that there were any things that needed to be "completed" about Judaism, and they certainly don't think that, if there were, it would be turn out Christianity--or any other religion other than something within Judaism itself.

J.
      "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

aschen, I think you're FAR from suffering from paranoia! To date, I think you're one of the most logical people I've come across, which includes Darth and DarkQuee1.
        "It's a blast door"

Comment

Ha Ha! I assure you that we are 2 different women, just have the same first name.
          is Julez your first name? my real name is Julie but Jules is kind of a nick for Julie and that's what i usually go by.

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
          Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
            Uh, I should point out that Jews don't believe that there were any things that needed to be "completed" about Judaism, and they certainly don't think that, if there were, it would be turn out Christianity--or any other religion other than something within Judaism itself.

J.
            What about the third temple?

IIRC, the third temple is to be built where Mecca now stands.

http://www.jewishmag.com/16mag/temple/temple.htm

Comment

aschen, I think you're FAR from suffering from paranoia! To date, I think you're one of the most logical people I've come across, which includes Darth and DarkQuee1.
              Thank you.

Comment

Nah, Julie is my first name too. I just go by "Julez". Of the chicks I know who have the name "Julie", they usually use "Jules" like you. I just changed it to a z to stand out. LOL!

If you say your middle name is Ann, I'm gonna freak!
                "It's a blast door"

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                  Thank you.
                  You're most welcome.
                  "It's a blast door"

Comment

I stuided religions for so long, it's hard to find anyone to talk about it with!!!

People are so touchy and sensitive!

Comment

People are so touchy and sensitive!
                      Yes they are, myself included on a few topics.

Ok, I can't put it off any longer - must have birthday cake now!
                      "It's a blast door"

Comment

You're out of control.

Comment

Nah, Julie is my first name too. I just go by "Julez". Of the chicks I know who have the name "Julie", they usually use "Jules" like you. I just changed it to a z to stand out. LOL!

If you say your middle name is Ann, I'm gonna freak!
                          OMGosh! YES! my middle name IS Ann! and I do NOT spell it Anne it's Ann!!!!

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
                          Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

I take that bac, you're BOTH out of control!

Comment

When we talk about heaven and hell in this discussion in regards to Christianity, we have to remember that not all groups of Christianity hold the same views. These are some of the bigger protestant groups I do not know a lot about Roman Catholicism so I won't mention it.

Calvinism-predestination, God decides in advance who is going to heaven and hell, John Calvin
                              Armenianism-every has a choice over his or her destiny, Martin Luther

Liberal Christianity-good people go to heaven, C.S. Lewis
                              Middle Christianity- those that are good and have not heard of Jesus before go to heaven, and those that ask Jesus for fogiveness of sins go to heaven
                              Conservative-only those that ask Jesus for forgiveness of sins go to heaven.

Of cours other religions will be similar to Christianity C.S. Lewis says that all other religions before Christianity were just building up to Christianity. He says that there is some truth in every religion

Comment

I'm glad no one mentioned Jews for Jesus.

I would have smacked you.

Comment

Working...
                                X