The Manly Thread of Manliness!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

* lie detector implant removed from jelgate *
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      Sorry, I didn't want to ruin this thread with such serious subjects. What is really shocking how the media presented this tragedy. The readers shouldn't be too neutral, but they should not be too involved in such accident cases, so I should have kept a balance. Maybe I should not have read those articles, because it made me cry a few times as more and more details emerged from the survivors. They even showed the FB profile of the victims and the crying classmates and teachers in the school... I am not really the emotional guy, who cries on everything, but this was so sad and tragic. I am also suffering from an illness at the moment since 30th December, so probably my own slow recovery also didn't help my mood.
      Sorry to hear that - all the best! I liked your post, shows that you concern.
      Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I'm always serious
      That's debatable!
      CARPE DIEM
      ANJA

Comment

Its not since jelgate is truthful and honorable
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

*^^^^ jelgate just confirmed the multiverse theory*
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Makes sense.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              You constantly repeat yourself!
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

Because you don't learn
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                  Quote Originally Posted by jelgate
                  You constantly repeat yourself!
                  He's simply trying to repeat the lie often enough so that it is perceived as the truth.

Comment

Then you will believe it soon.

You believe all of Trump's lies.

Comment

Cantina should be a politics free place.

So the Goa'uld should rule again!

edit.: This is not even the Cantina thread. Now I understand how the other Systemlord failed.

Comment

I tend to keep my political comments to the appropriate threads. I do notice, however, that many of the folks on the left post that content anywhere they like, or at the very least, refer to it.
                        Truth: I have responded to such out of proper thread comments by those on the left, and them I'm called on it for talking politics in an inappropriate thread!

Comment

And I notice your us vs them mentality
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

We have made our own SG forum politics free. Hungary is really divided by political parties and every news site is supported by them, so you can read the same news in such different contexts... Simply people are not grown up enough to accept a different opinion, so it was the best decision to avoid flame wars on our forum.

Comment

I wish they would ban politics here
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                                He's simply trying to repeat the lie often enough so that it is perceived as the truth.
                                It doesn't work that way!
                                CARPE DIEM
                                ANJA

Comment

Working...
                                X