• Time
  • Show
Clear All

He comes very sporadically
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Rhapsodic is a better word.

Honestly I could have been here all day in the last 12 years, but I haven't got time to chit-chat. And my English was not good enough to follow you, so the language barrier has won and I have kept a little distance from here. And as I said I have been really busy to maintain and moderate our Hungarian Stargate forum since 1999. That is my virtual home.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

You don't have to defend yourself. Your time is your business
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Their is a word for people like you. In court you would be guilty of perjury
          Had to look that up - would never do that!
          Originally posted by Platschu View Post
          I should not really talk about it... There was a bus accident 2 days ago in Italy and 16 Hungarians people died, mostly children aged 14-18. A teacher and a student died like a hero, because they rescued many other passengers and they always returned to the bus to help others to escape through the window. Unfortunately they had run out of time and both of them have died in the explosion of the petrol tank. The 15years old boy's corpse still holded the glass breaking tool in his hand. Bless him. So that is epic manliness.
          Yes, that was tragic and heroic - I never get onto one of those buses!
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

Hero's are born of tragedy, it is the price they pay.

(no sarcasm there, it's just unfortunately true)
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Sorry, I didn't want to ruin this thread with such serious subjects. What is really shocking how the media presented this tragedy. The readers shouldn't be too neutral, but they should not be too involved in such accident cases, so I should have kept a balance. Maybe I should not have read those articles, because it made me cry a few times as more and more details emerged from the survivors. They even showed the FB profile of the victims and the crying classmates and teachers in the school... I am not really the emotional guy, who cries on everything, but this was so sad and tragic. I am also suffering from an illness at the moment since 30th December, so probably my own slow recovery also didn't help my mood.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                Hero's are born of tragedy, it is the price they pay.

(no sarcasm there, it's just unfortunately true)
                Its true. The price of being a hero is the risking of life
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  Sorry, I didn't want to ruin this thread with such serious subjects. What is really shocking how the media presented this tragedy. The readers shouldn't be too neutral, but they should not be too involved in such accident cases, so I should have kept a balance. Maybe I should not have read those articles, because it made me cry a few times as more and more details emerged from the survivors. They even showed the FB profile of the victims and the crying classmates and teachers in the school... I am not really the emotional guy, who cries on everything, but this was so sad and tragic. I am also suffering from an illness at the moment since 30th December, so probably my own slow recovery also didn't help my mood.
                  We -can- be serious sometimes, don't worry about it
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I'm always serious
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

This is a serious thread..

*gives Jel the Serious Hat*

Comment

Doesn't a silly hat make me look less serious?
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

It's The Serious Hat.

Not the Silly Hat..

Comment

All hats are silly
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

!! Lies!!

Comment