• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

I agree Crazy Ray is hot...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ovies/rayb.jpg
    Now I just had a close look at this picture - did he write his name at the wall? There certainly is a R and an A!

I swear I didn't sleep for two nights after watching that Movie

That fits just well, because from what I read in a book, Rick did not sleep for two nights either, to be able to pull off the "crazy" maniac in the end.
    Last edited by GermanAstra; 06 March 2008, 01:49 PM.
    Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50 View Post
      No, when Jack is whumped, there's no Dr. Jack or Nurse Sam (although I think I'd probably make her a Dr. Sam ). The only one who can save SG1 is Dr. Janet Fraiser! And of course, she's alive in my universe!
      Oh what a beautiful smiley (I think crankie doesn't fit here). I only had Janet with a syringe so far. But the stethoskope is wonderful!

And in my universe she's alive as well. You know, I read so many fanfictions with the good ol'team including Janet and George, I indeed sometimes completely forget about what happened to her.

I want to ask about your latest manip, the one with Sam crying. The name of the picture's "goodbye" but I thought when you posted it you said it were happy tears, since she was rejoined with Jack? I sent the link to my friends, and they somehow rather felt sad than happy, and I guess this is not what you intended...

And as for "scrubbing" the pics... what exactly is it, after all, you're doing? I just recently started to have a peek into photoshop, and at least I know what possibilities are there, but I'm not sure what exactly you do. Only that the "afterwards" picture looks so much better than "before". I also think you have a way with pics. And with crankies. Ray with knife

And I also think we need a hazmat smiley. Definitely.
      Last edited by GermanAstra; 06 March 2008, 01:53 PM.
      Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post
        You actually did it.. You made a Crazy Ray smiley and one with a prop also!!

I agree Crazy Ray is hot...
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/SueCanada989/RDA%20TV%20Movies/rayb.jpg

but... he is NUTS!!

I swear I didn't sleep for two nights after watching that Movie
        Yes I did! I couldn't help myself...I had to make it.

You really couldn't sleep for two nights? Did he have you checking your walls??
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
          *still shivering at Crazy Ray*

I went to find something to eat for dinner, and couldn't make up my mind what to have.
          Is it bad that I ate a Pop Tart whilst deciding? Can it be classed as a starter?

Perhaps I should bring out a cook book. I once had dry cornflakes with cheese sauce, as these were the only things I had in the cupboard. *yum*

I think I'm rambling due to starvation. *goes in search of more food*
          Mmmm 'cornflakes au gratin'!

Hey, why cook? When in doubt, take out!
          sigpic

Comment

I liked that strawberry scene, too...
            Anyway, I thought the same thing!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris View Post
              YOWSA Maybe I'll put it by my bed!

My husband at dinner the other night said "I'm sick of hearing Jack O'Neill".

It only took 11 years.
              LOL, good to see you blueiris!

You know what? Mine has never said a word...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris View Post
                YOWSA Maybe I'll put it by my bed!

My husband at dinner the other night said, "I'm sick of hearing Jack O'Neill".

It only took 11 years.
                I just get the patronizing look...

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
                  Oh what a beautiful smiley (I think crankie doesn't fit here). I only had Janet with a syringe so far. But the stethoskope is wonderful!

And in my universe she's alive as well. You know, I read so many fanfictions with the good ol'team including Janet and George, I indeed sometimes completely forget about what happened to her.
                  Thanks! I rather like my Janet 'crankie', too. I know there are other Janet smilies out there, but I based mine on this pic:

I think it's Classic Janet and it's my favorite look (she had so many different hairdos over the years!).

I want to ask about your latest manip, the one with Sam crying. The name of the picture's "goodbye" but I thought when you posted it you said it were happy tears, since she was rejoined with Jack? I sent the link to my friends, and they somehow rather felt sad than happy, and I guess this is not what you intended...

(click for bigger)

Actually, if you look back when I first posted the manip, I said you had a choice of angst or fluff, depending on your preference. But yes, it is titled, 'SGASamJack_goodbye' because I based it on a cap of Sam's and Teal'c's farewell after I saw Reunion. But later on when it was announced that Amanda wasn't returning as a regular for Season 5, I figured that it could also be a nice look at a S/J reunion!

Personally, I sort of do like the originally intended tearjerking emotion of the picture, but I'd really love to see a big reunion scene when Sam returns home from her Atlantis command. So now I think works either way.

And as for "scrubbing" the pics... what exactly is it, after all, you're doing? I just recently started to have a peek into photoshop, and at least I know what possibilities are there, but I'm not sure what exactly you do. Only that the "afterwards" picture looks so much better than "before".
                  Let's see... OK, in general, when you make a screencap from a dvd, it's almost always too dark (for my taste, that is ) and needs correction. So when I work on a pic, l usually have to fix the contrast, the sharpness, and the color balance. I also crop it to my liking. How I make all this happen is a lot more complicated than that, but if I tell you all my secrets, I'll have to shoot you! just kidding...

It's really hard for me to explain all the steps I take to get a picture I like. All I can say is it helps to learn what the different tools can do and practice. And have patience. I'm a self-taught PhotoShopper, but I've also been retouching/restoring photos and graphics for many years (real film/pre-digital days!). It also helps (but not necessary) if you have an artistic 'eye' for what makes a good picture.

I also think you have a way with pics. And with crankies. Ray with knife

And I also think we need a hazmat smiley. Definitely.
                  Thanks again! I enjoy making them, too.

Well, I tried to make a Hazmat Jack, but it doesn't quite work... It's hard to make a hood at that size that doesn't make him look like he's wearing a Hathor wig!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala
                    I liked that strawberry scene, too...
                    Anyway, I thought the same thing!

OMG! Strawberry Ray!!!!!!!!!!!!

*saves*

Maria
                    sigpic

Comment

LOL, on the Hazmat suit - good idea!

Mmmm, reminds of a certain man in a red Hazmat suit...
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3..._Jackredcu.jpg

Oh, I think I need to make a Hazmat Jack crankie!
                      Good Evening MWers, I'm swooning over Jack in Red!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

LOL, good to see you blueiris!

You know what? Mine has never said a word...
                        Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                        I just get the patronizing look...
                        The thing is, I'm not always the one mentioning his (or RDA's) name. The kids or even my dear ol' husband bring up the name as much as I do. Granted, it's always in reference to me *bats eyes innocently* but I really can't help the fact that he and I are always linked together, now can I?
                        sigpic
                        ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                          Oh no. Feli's in a bad mood. Quick, where's Jack when you need him, so he can do this...
                          *melts at the thought of Jack doing that*

Comment

Hey, I like to "macgyver" my food, too! As in "throw everything you can find into the pan". You can invent funny new things there!

*Snippy-ta-do-da*

But here is my entry, "How to use a tuna sandwich for torture", written by Colonel Jack O'Neill, top secret:

http://jackfic.net/archive/archive/38/howto.html

It's only a short piece, hope you enjoy it!
                            Hey Astra, you should pass this on to not_a_zatarc on the RDA Thunk Thread, she has the nickname of "The Infamous Tuna Torturer" thanks to GateWorld. She would get a kick out this.. or if you want I can do it!!

Can't talk about the subject without a picture!!
                            Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
                            sigpic
                            Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Now I just had a close look at this picture - did he write his name at the wall? There certainly is a R and an A!

That fits just well, because from what I read in a book, Rick did not sleep for two nights either, to be able to pull off the "crazy" maniac in the end.
                              Good, that serves him right!! (just kidding ) OY!! Crazy Ray was nuts!! So out of character from MacGyver or even Jack Rourke.. He was just so

But he did look great!!

These are the only two pictures I have of Crazy Ray.
                              Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
                              sigpic
                              Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Hey, serious is fine, majorshrl! If you need help, ask away! And thanks to everyone who responded, too!

I don't know much about photo cds, but the first thing that came to mind was to ask if you're sure that your dvd player can play VCDs, CDRWs or DVD-RWs, since some older DVD players don't have the capability. Secondly, as others said, you might just need a converter program. If you can redo the disc, I also think that WMM may be able to save files directly to .AVI, .MPG or .WMV if I'm not mistaken.
                                I'd also like to thank everyone who responded, I spoke to the tech guy at work and he says I'd need to put it thru dvd encrypter but not all dvd's would play in every dvd. I was able to change the moviemaker file but it made it too large for the cd! So I've decided to just keep the disc I made for the computer and just play the photos on the dvd player without music. Life is too short to be messing with it anymore however I did enjoy exploring the movie maker. I've bought myself a new camcorder for my upcoming holiday to the Rockies and Vancouver so that will be my next project editing the holiday films. Now don't all groan at once it came with a full set of instructions. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X