This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*looks tragical*
    I need help! (and no, not [o]that[/i] sort of help! ) I've put together a sig with head shots of everyone who I photographed in Vancouver this year, and it's under 700x200 pixels. The problem is that I have to save it as a low quality jpeg to get it under the 50kB limit

What's the best format to save sig pictures as so that you get the best quality while still coming under the 50kB limit??

Comment

Originally posted by sclairef99
      YES, I'm sure you are definately one of the causes of Paradise Lost catching on! And may I just say THUNK YOU!
      I too have been a sticky up hair fanatic since before I knew it was called sticky up hair and I would just love to ruffle.
      I have to say that if I was the one who bid high enough to have lunch with RDA and AT, I would have to muster up the courage to ask if I could actually ruffle the hair - especially since he will be donning the O'Neill cut for sure!
      OH to be that lucky.....
      down on pg 2.....ugh....
      S
      That would be awesome, I would pay to see that.

Speaking of sticky-up hair, I came across this when I capped Between Two Fires the other day. His facial expression cracks me up.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
        Is it wrong to be jealous of a dog?
        Make sure you bring lots of chocolate, as I have all the thunking gear we'll need to watch the video diary.
        If sclaire is bringing chocolate, I wonder what I could bring??.....*thinks*......Beer?

My LJ

Comment

Is it wrong to be jealous of a dog?

Make sure you bring lots of chocolate, as I have all the thunking gear we'll need to watch the video diary.
          No problem, I'm an expert in chocolate and have quite the stach! Thank goodness you have appropriate thunking gear!

2nd pg again...

s

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr
            I can see it now.

sclairef99: Excuse me, Rick. I just HAVE to do something.
            RDA: What?
            scairef99: THIS! *both hands come up in a king-size -RUFFLE-.
            RDA: What is with the hair?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...all-vict39.jpg

RDA: Only one *ruffle*.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...w-ground11.jpg
            UMMMM Yeah...It would be taking all of my nerve to get there...but if you've taken that much to sit in the seat and talk to him, you might as well go for a goal you CAN have in that same setting!

RDA Reaction: WHOA - What is it really about this hair thing that gets you girls all....well....RUFFLED?

RDA: I mean really - when I've got the O'Neill cut there's just not much there to ruffle...

SC99: Well, isn't that part of the fun?

S

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
              *looks tragical*
              I need help! (and no, not [o]that[/i] sort of help! ) I've put together a sig with head shots of everyone who I photographed in Vancouver this year, and it's under 700x200 pixels. The problem is that I have to save it as a low quality jpeg to get it under the 50kB limit

What's the best format to save sig pictures as so that you get the best quality while still coming under the 50kB limit??
              Lucky you, kiwigater!!!

But there are three photos that I cannot identify off hand in you sig. Could you list names for each picture, please please please!
              sigpic
              ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

*looks tragical*

Ahhh, raise the limit? Doh!

Great pics Kiwi

Comment

Hey all I'm a newbie xxx I was surfing through the last few pages and look what greets me at the top of the first page i check out ...........

Originally posted by Mala50
                  OK, now this is what I want to see in Season 10 for Jack. Is this too much to ask?!?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ningJ_blue.jpg
                  HOLY THUNKING BUCKETS !!!!This is a site i definately wanna see in season 10 WOOF !!!
                  Last edited by Lady_E; 17 April 2006, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Okay, all you MWers that haven't seen RDA's video diary are invited to my wee flat to view it. Please form an orderly queue.
                    Thanks Mala Is most of the diary filmed in his trailer?

Comment

*looks tragical*

Awww, KG....

*KG looking tragical...*

I think .JPGs have the best compression for the web. If you're using Photoshop (I think you are, aren't you?) you should use the Save for Web option, check off the "Optimized' box and play with the various compression levels. If you're really ambitious, you could try to adjust each individual picture to a medium high level and then make your collage sig.

If that's too much work, then you can test the different levels of the finished collage until you can get it under 50k.

In general, my sigs have been Saved for Web, JPEG high, quality at 70%, and optimized. Each are around 50K.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lady_E
                        Hey all I'm a newbie xxx I was surfing through the last few pages and look what greets me at the top of the first page i check out ...........

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ningJ_blue.jpg

HOLY THUNKING BUCKETS !!!!This is a sit i definately wanna see in season 10 WOOF !!!
                        Welcome to Mala's World, Lady E!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                          Thanks Mala Is most of the diary filmed in his trailer?
                          No, the first two thirds is a video showing behind the scenes of the last confrontation between Jack and Mayborne in Paradise Lost. It's interesting and fun. The last third is of RDA in his trailer with his cell phone.

Here are a few caps from the Paradise Lost section:

sigpic

Comment

Tonight's SciFi Monday:

04/17/2006 7:00P WATERGATE
                            04/17/2006 8:00P THE TOMB
                            04/17/2006 9:00P 48 HOURS
                            04/17/2006 10:00P METAMORPHOSIS

I think the theme is The Russians....

4.07 Watergate
                            sigpic

Comment