Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cat story is not a very happy one. My kitty has been having a couple of problems for awhile now. After many tests and much money, we've found out that she has hyper-thyroidism (sorry if the spelling is wrong, too lazy to look it up) and pancreatitis. There is a still a possibility of cancer but I just can't afford to find out. She is doing better with medicine (which she hates to take) and prescription food. She is not in pain or anything for which I am thankful. Hopefully, she will be ok with this threatment.

The vet put her on "senior" food but I didn't tell her that.
    sigpic
    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

I had two senior cats that developed hyperthyroidism. It's very common in older cats. In case your vet didn't tell you (mine didn't know all the options available), there are different ways of administering the medication. You know about the pills, but there is also a cream that you put on the inside tip of the cat's ear. Another form of the medicine can come in a flavored "treat." And lastly, I know their is some kind of surgical treatment. The cheapest is the pill, followed by the cream, the treat, then surgery.

My cats were too old for surgery, so that was never an option. After awhile, they could no longer be fooled into eating the pill (which we hid in cheese and such) so we moved on to the ear cream. Then eventually the cream gave my cat a skin reaction, so we moved on to the treat. If you can keep getting the cat to take the pill-- great. But if she starts rebelling or hides when she sees you coming--just know you have some other choices.

(((blueiris))) (((blueiris's kitty)))

Good luck!!!

cat sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

I have been informed that there were some peoples in here that wanted to see me and I have been remiss in getting my *High falutin' butt* over here and saying HI since I have been back on the Forum.

My sincerest apolgies to all that I missed your warm congratulations on my new position as Mod. Thank you so very much for all of the kind words and I should be thanking all of you

YOU have made it EASY for me to be as nice as I am to anyone because you are all so fun and fantastic to banter with so YOU all just made me look good and now I get to go and be power happy MUWAHAHAHA

As you can see I was blessed with a wonderful gift from Mazz and our Jack now carries the *Spork* while my other *boy* Cam carries the *Spike*....although

I have been walking around mumbling Jack and Cam.... I'll have a double co-workers have begun to look at me funny...*sigh* oh well at least you all understand me

Now I must go puruse Mala's the MAGNIFICANT's pictures and be AWED and then shower because I will have drooled all over myself....

*sigh* ..the things I do for my fellow hussies
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
          Got enough to make me happy but not enough to satisfy me!!!

Wonderful pictures Mala. They look so good together. I am sad for AT/Sam with all the new stuff going on with the show. She's just not the same without our beloved! I WANT JACK! I WANT JACK! WAAAAAAAAA!!!!

OK. I'm better now. I just get really bummed when I think of the rest of this season and now season 10 with no mention of our Jacky-boy!
          We haven't had much snow at all and I'm glad. Slushy, dirty gray NYC snow is just yuck...

Anyway, as we all know they do have great chemistry (here's an oldie )...

I wonder if they and TPTB will ever truly appreciate what they had...
          Last edited by Mala50; 07 December 2005, 11:27 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

BTW....Ship Sistah.... I am watching you....you evil little one you....

*Sigh*..((Bev))) That is such a wonderful picture of Jack and Sam...them were teh days...although... I still think that brunette that is in MY picture of him looks REALLY good with him **cough**

The MAN just ages so well
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

(((((TAME))))))
              Welcome back to MW! Your high falutin' butt is most welcome, too!

We've been pretty good down here, btw. No one seems to bother to mod us, anyway... Not that we need much modding except for the borderline PG comments from certain Lusty Wenches...

Anyway, it's good to see you here. We're so proud that we can say that we knew you when...
              sigpic

Comment

(((((((((MALA))))))))))))))

woman you are STILL a genius if I ever saw one... what you can do with a picture is ....... BEYOND amazing!!!!!

As I scroll through each page I am just agog at how wonderful your work is AND how good you make EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE look so darn good and ....yes slurpable

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                  I agree completely (while drooling on the keyboard).
                  I hope they do justice to Jack with the action figure that is in production.
                  Oh, me too. The prototype of the DJ figure is not that great, imo. But then, it's in the early stages...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                    Talking about that....whatever happened to the Jack paper doll thingy that we were going to get from Mala (and SS)???? Uh????? *taps fingers on desktop*

BTW, my computer has been doing some very silly things lately, (like giving a cough and a splutter and switching to safe mode! ) so I may not be able to get online as often as I normally am. *hugs computer* It's so typical that I just manage to sort out the problems with my scanner (*hugs the 'scanner-o'-lurve' *), and now something else goes wrong. *sigh* I should have taken up knitting!
                    Ssssshhh! The paper doll thingy is on hold - along with all the other thingys I still have to find time to work on...

Oh-oh, poor Bev's computer... I'm picturing you hugging your scanner with one arm and your computer with the other...and typing with your nose or is it your toes?

I hope your problems are nothing more than a corrupted file or something fixable. But just in case, BACK UP your Jack pix and anything else important while you can!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                      Hmmmm....if they include banjos, then we can have Jack playing with 'G' strings!
                      There will be NO hats covering my Jack's hair!
                      No hats covering up his sticky-up hair - ever! (not even boonies?)

Did she say 'G' strings?!?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                        They are hot! Of course, the nose they are perched on may have something to do with that.

If I ever got my hands on one of those paper dolly Jacks, I'd like to have some of those glasses.

What has happened to me? Big goofy glasses and combat boots as sexy articles of clothing!?!?
                        LOL, I have no idea what's happened to you... But if it's Jack in big goofy glasses, combat boots and nothing else, then maybe I might understand you...

Jack doesn't seem too thrilled with that idea...
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm thrilled with that idea!!!!!

ship sistah

Comment

what are we all doing up at this hour?!

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              BTW....Ship Sistah.... I am watching you....you evil little one you....
                              Please, no! Not the SPORK!!!!

I'll be good! promise!

ship sistah

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                                Oh, me too. The prototype of the DJ figure is not that great, imo. But then, it's in the early stages...

Ya know, that's EXACTLY what I said too! And the person who showed it to me insisted I was completely wrong, and it was absolutely perfect.... who am I to aruge with the blind?

If it makes you feel better I'll mod your ass(es) if need be And if anyone feels even remotely uncomfortable with anything, PM or email me and I'll pop in. MW is on my subscribed list so I pop in here most days even if I don't post... it's the drool, it makes the keyboard too slippery Of course you're all sweet perfect innocent little angels....

Comment

Working...
                                X