X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mala50
    Good evening, I'm Mala.

So what did you do today, b?

My dolls would be anatomically correct, of course. But he wouldn't be going commando, if THAT'S what you're asking...
    First was ondering why you said "I'm Mala."

Obviously, I'm also known as Slow. Nice to know ya .
    sigpic
    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay

thankies

And thank you thank you THANK YOU for putting up those caps and pieces of transcript from the behind the scenes thingy (since we never got it here )

Oh and...have you got any more of those Threads manips by any chance???
      Actually, we did get that behind-the-scenes thing here. It was for the beginning of season 8, and we got a lot more stuff in it than the US crowd did. We didn't get the one for this season though.(although I managed to *cough* see it *cough*)
      sigpic

Comment

I think I would need to start with a nice, full-length pic of him. But his arms have to be out by his sides. I think I may have to do some research (poor me! ). Of course, I could always manip something together, but I have to have a basis to start with. You gals are welcome to send or post any pix that you think would work. Go ahead, do some research - it could be fun!

Too bad his arms are folded and he's wearing such baggy clothing... Actually, I'm just posting this because I like it! Off to do some research, MWers! Maybe I'll see you tomorrow or later!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
          Thank goodness for Mala's World and its...um...slowness. There's an awful lot of spamming in the thunk thread, and even I can't be bothered going through a gazillion pages a day! I went out and played my gig, and when I got back four pages worth had been posted! My scroll button thingy gets a lot of use these days!
          Now, about those dolls. I remember paper dolls too, and I think you could make us one of these Mala. I see that your doll will go commando (as will mine!), but it would be lots of fun dressing it up (or undressing it) in different gear. I love the desert cammo, but I also like the black t-shirt etc. Of course, you'd have to make sure his hair was sticky-up!
          I know what you mean, Bev. I scroll scroll scroll.... That thread is going to wear my out 'thingy' one of these days...

I am glad that my slowness can be of service to you all. I enjoy sharing my pix. Now, I know that there might not be the 'variety' here that you get on the thunk thread (ok, there are a lot of repeats there, I know!) but I do try to offer some different things here.

And YES to the tight, black t-shirt! That's a must. I LOVE the black tshirt!

sigpic

Comment

Well, you missed my whiny-fest last spring when Season 8 ended here! I left GW for a while altogether.
            And then we refused to let her go quietly and started stalking her and made her change her mind!!! (just kidding!)

(((Mala)))
            Well, I finished a job I didn't think I'd finish and so I'm treating us all to thunks today. Also, I just don't have the energy to play in the Thunk thread. I lurked a bit there and I can see that there are plenty of posters already keeping the man up, so I really don't feel the need to add any more of my pix. This place is nice and slooow.
            MMMhhhhmmmm.... I know what you mean. The teeth on my scroll wheel are nearly grinded away from overuse!

But things do seem to get lost quickly there... Then I feel funny about reposting manips, but a day is like a thousand days there so.....

One of the very first banners I made early in the summer....
            (so long long long ago....)
            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Oh, yes, dress blues and camo... And accessories! Little hats that Critter can put on his head backwards; boonies for those with questionable taste ; little black fingerless gloves... Oh, how about A Hundred Days version? Jack in a nice lowcut homespun outfit? (with blindfold )
              Hmmm... dang. What accessory would I want?
              Magnifying glass?
              No.
              Brown leather jacket?
              Enticing, but no.
              Fishing pole?
              Even more enticing, but nope.
              Hmmmm.... how about a really BIG gun?!!!

The possibilities are endless (and so is this post!) Maybe we should make Jack O'Neill paper dolls (does anyone else remember paper dolls?!?)
              Yeppers. I remember paperdolls. Had them. Even tried my hand at making them and the clothes...

Sounds like a plan to me. (We could even put the dotted lines and tabs on the clothes and accessories thanks to the miracle of PS! )
              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                Are these paper doll Jacks anatomically correct? hmmmm? Or do they come with those cut-outs too?
                Perhaps we also need to market the pop-up book versions of Jack too!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                  Thank goodness for Mala's World and its...um...slowness. There's an awful lot of spamming in the thunk thread, and even I can't be bothered going through a gazillion pages a day! I went out and played my gig, and when I got back four pages worth had been posted! My scroll button thingy gets a lot of use these days!
                  Now, about those dolls. I remember paper dolls too, and I think you could make us one of these Mala. I see that your doll will go commando (as will mine!), but it would be lots of fun dressing it up (or undressing it) in different gear. I love the desert cammo, but I also like the black t-shirt etc. Of course, you'd have to make sure his hair was sticky-up!
                  LOL! I'm already getting the urge to try my hand (or mouse!) at making the hats with the little semi-arc dotted line to cut to slide the hat onto said head to keep it in place. (Remember how you had to do that?)

Let's see we can do the boonie, the forward cap, the backward cap, the dress hat... and the special-ist accessory for Bev only, the stickiest-uppiest hair attachment....

And boxers on the basic doll are a must. The S8 boxer-n-T outfit...

Comment

I think I would need to start with a nice, full-length pic of him. But his arms have to be out by his sides. I think I may have to do some research (poor me! ). Of course, I could always manip something together, but I have to have a basis to start with. You gals are welcome to send or post any pix that you think would work. Go ahead, do some research - it could be fun!
                    Isn't there a promoshot of him walking down the photographer's wooden boxes with his arms held out on either side for balance (in a black T)? Course it's an odd angle with him stepping down the boxes I guess... but hey... we'd have to have at least 2 or 3 or maybe 4 or 5 different dolls with different poses, right??? (And then there'd be the Mac series, hmmmm?) (Hmmm... think of the accessories for that doll.... )

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                      You know, different cut-outs for different ........activities...
                      Oh heck blueiris! You just made me think of an unmentionable accessory for Jack for a certain activity. Ah well. It'd be too small an accessory (for a paper doll) and would get lost anyway... so....

Oh Oh--- must have a watch as an accessory. Oh. And dog tags. *eyes clock --- I hope I'm not getting silly this early in the evening....*
                      You can give me spiders any day. If they are in the house, I take them outside. I have been know to name the big ones outside. One year a big banana-spider made a web at the end of out porch. We talked to it everyday. After awhile, we noticed not so much food hanging around. I've watched Charlotte's Web. I know what that means.
                      So my husband (my hero), who catches flies in his hand, started catching them and tossing them to the spider, who did catch them. I do think that spider started looking for him to come around.
                      For the wolfs & their thinner cousins -- uh-uh. You come in da house, you ain't goan oudada house.... But I know of the ones you speak of though. Outside the sliding glass doors last couple years in the early fall there was one spider species that would make those big, beautiful Charlotte's Web type of webs and would get pretty plump since the desk lamp here on my desk threw off enough light to attract plenty of bugs to the door. And I didn't mind -- as long as the web was up at the porch light or over on the part of the door that didn't open. (I still didn't want to walk into the web!)

But there weren't any this year. Part of me thinks it was the fact we didn't have a drop of rain for nearly two months in August/September and instead the grass seemed inundated with the woven webholes of the wolf spider's skitterish slim cousins I'd been telling you about. Too much spiderly competition? Hopefully not a case of arachnid cannibalism...
                      But today, I'm battling ants. All this rain just drives them up into the house.
                      Ants. Ick.
                      Have to go give the cat her medicine. Must find her first then see if I can get 4 different medicines down her without getting scratched.
                      Hope all went well and you had time to go watch the full moon and stars with Jack.....

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                        um, EWWWWW to the wolf spiders Luckily we are fairly devoid of nasty spiders here - which mean of course that I will find I've managed to import the brown recluses out of my US apartment....
                        Well... the wolfs just look nasty since they look like mini-tarantulas. But recluses... of all the truly indoor spider varieties I do try to get close to anything brown to see if I can spot a violin shape on their back - I can never see it... and those poor brown spiders (before they meet their demise) wonder for what reason that crazy human is holding the flashlight so close! (Guess I should collect a few and take them to the agricultural extension agent or someone who can identify them while they're still living...)

Comment

I found a couple of my Jack pix from URGO. I don't have many of him scrubbed up either. I think maybe because this is such a team show.

This is the well-known one. Nice arms and S3 hair :

Hmmmm... Jack's scalp looks a little red there... Bev... you haven't been mussing with his hair too much tonight have you?

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                            Oh heck blueiris! You just made me think of an unmentionable accessory for Jack for a certain activity. Ah well. It'd be too small an accessory (for a paper doll) and would get lost anyway... so....

Oh Oh--- must have a watch as an accessory. Oh. And dog tags. *eyes clock --- I hope I'm not getting silly this early in the evening....*
                            Must have some combat boots for Jack, too.
                            For the wolfs & their thinner cousins -- uh-uh. You come in da house, you ain't goan oudada house.... But I know of the ones you speak of though. Outside the sliding glass doors last couple years in the early fall there was one spider species that would make those big, beautiful Charlotte's Web type of webs and would get pretty plump since the desk lamp here on my desk threw off enough light to attract plenty of bugs to the door. And I didn't mind -- as long as the web was up at the porch light or over on the part of the door that didn't open. (I still didn't want to walk into the web!)

But there weren't any this year. Part of me thinks it was the fact we didn't have a drop of rain for nearly two months in August/September and instead the grass seemed inundated with the woven webholes of the wolf spider's skitterish slim cousins I'd been telling you about. Too much spiderly competition? Hopefully not a case of arachnid cannibalism...Ants. Ick. Hope all went well and you had time to go watch the full moon and stars with Jack.....
                            I love garden spiders. They spin a web at dusk, tear it down at dawn, then spin a new one at dusk again. A very considerate spider.

This pic is one of my very favorites, SS! One thing I do have in common with Jack is star gazing. We went to the beach for a week recently and I spent hours reclining in my chair staring up at the stars at night. If we are in a house instead of a hotel, I love to sleep in a chair on the porch.
                            sigpic
                            ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Perhaps we also need to market the pop-up book versions of Jack too!

THAT I would wait in line for. Just like the Harry Potter books.
                              sig by PM

Comment

Well... the wolfs just look nasty since they look like mini-tarantulas. But recluses... of all the truly indoor spider varieties I do try to get close to anything brown to see if I can spot a violin shape on their back - I can never see it... and those poor brown spiders (before they meet their demise) wonder for what reason that crazy human is holding the flashlight so close! (Guess I should collect a few and take them to the agricultural extension agent or someone who can identify them while they're still living...)
                                LOL, yeah, my roomate started collecting them in jars to be sure The dog used to snuffle them out. Once I woke up with one IN MY BED! It was dead, I must have rolled on it in the night, but that freaked me out - especially since I had already removed the hangy-thing off the bottom of the bed, moved the bed 6 inches out from the walls in all directions AND put down traps Ages ago I had a really impressive insect bite that took ages to heal, we think it was probably a brown recluse bite....
                                My best friend had it worse She had moths in all her food - took MONTHS to get rid of them, and then they discovered they had these HUGE brown recluses, all fat from eating the moths.... The Terminex guys said they'd never seen brown recluses so big

I have to admit the spiders didn't freak me out as much as the cockroaches - they're just not something we get a lot of here in NZ. My dorm in St Louis had an infestation and every time I opened the door to my room I'd have to stand back to let them scatter....

*cough* right, enough horror insect stories!

Now, what is this about a SG movie with RDA?!?!? I can't see anything about it on the news page. About to go searching the forum... (send a search party if I'm not back in a week - it's gotten ugly out there Why can't we all just hang out, have fun and get along )

Comment

Working...
                                X