This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

I celebrated getting older by falling off my porch in the rain at 4:50 in the morning and spraining my ankle and bruising my "sit down", not to mention, my ego. oy

I watched SG-1 last week for the first time in a few months, and again, fell for that Col. Neill.

sigpic
    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

What a birthday surprise!
      I fall for that Colonel in the ball cap every time.
      sigpic
      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Umm.. first, I read form my flist in livejournal that RDA was in NewYork ComicCon.. is that real??

and second.. RDA is helping a friend with fund-raising .. along with Apryl (and I assume Wylie too) .. see his latest tweet. I would soooo go to that event.. & get photograph by Rick.. since he'll be the photographer
        sigpic
        sig.by : lilferret

Comment

I wasn't sure where on Gateworld to post this, but maybe somebody can spread the word?

I got an email this morning that Amazon is having a one-day special. Any season of Stargate SG1 for just $13.99. I have all the seasons I want (1-8), but at that price, I ordered a second S6 set, since I watch that one most and will wear it out fastest. ;-)
          - Mary
          SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
          Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Okay, changed my mind - went back and got S4, too. Hey, it's shippy, and I can get free shipping! <g>
            - Mary
            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
              I wasn't sure where on Gateworld to post this, but maybe somebody can spread the word?

I got an email this morning that Amazon is having a one-day special. Any season of Stargate SG1 for just $13.99. I have all the seasons I want (1-8), but at that price, I ordered a second S6 set, since I watch that one most and will wear it out fastest. ;-)
              Hmmmm....what's that in real money?

carry the four...add six....divide by five....£8.70.....put me down for one of everything
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE View Post
                Umm.. first, I read form my flist in livejournal that RDA was in NewYork ComicCon.. is that real??

Yeah. I heard the same but haven't seen any pics from the event so I wonder if it wasn't true?

and second.. RDA is helping a friend with fund-raising .. along with Apryl (and I assume Wylie too) .. see his latest tweet. I would soooo go to that event.. & get photograph by Rick.. since he'll be the photographer
                I wonder what the cost is to attend. Anyone know? I don't live too far from Malibu and could probably go.

I got the same SG-1 e-mail from Amazon. I've got them already but that's a darn good price per season!
                sigpic
                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

There's an address / phone number for that dinner.. maybe the dinner itself is in the $100s, but the auctions will be in $1000s ?? if you go.. tell us the story & post the pics

I got most of my SG1 season in region 2 in eBay, the rest was just $14.99, so wasn't that bad.. everytime I saw the dvd of SGU, I wan't to laugh though.. they sold it in half-seasons.. *sigh* my flist said : it's because nobody want to buy the whole season .. I don't think that bode well for that series
                  sigpic

Comment

There's an address / phone number for that dinner.. maybe the dinner itself is in the $100s, but the auctions will be in $1000s ?? if you go.. tell us the story & post the pics

I got most of my SG1 season in region 2 in eBay, the rest was just $14.99, so wasn't that bad.. everytime I saw the dvd of SGU, I wan't to laugh though.. they sold it in half-seasons.. *sigh* my flist said : it's because nobody want to buy the whole season .. I don't think that bode well for that series
                    I have some R2 box sets and don't have a player to play them on (have Region 1 too), but I don't rmeember what I paid for them. As for SGU, I wouldn't give you a dime for an entire season, so..... <shrug> For me, SG isn't SG without Jack in command of SG1. And this latest series is not what SG is all about in principle either - it's more like the new SciFi version of BG. And who needs that?? Not me!
                    - Mary

Comment

All DVD players can be made to play any region, you just need to unlock it to accept all regions.. http://www.dvdexploder.com/dvdcodes.htm
                      I haven't tried that link, but when I bought my region1 dvd player many years ago, the seller gave me the link to unlock the code, and now my DVD can play any region.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have a Blu Ray and haven't tried it yet to see if it'll play all regions.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

All DVD players can be made to play any region, you just need to unlock it to accept all regions.. http://www.dvdexploder.com/dvdcodes.htm
                          I haven't tried that link, but when I bought my region1 dvd player many years ago, the seller gave me the link to unlock the code, and now my DVD can play any region.
                          Sadly that's not true. Many Sony dvd players can't be unlocked without actual hardware changes to the wiring and or chips. (Yes I have one of those )
                          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Bev mentioned MAD thread in the latest TameZone! Good PR !!
                            sigpic

Comment

Belated Thanks and Welcome Back to all who've visited this past month or so (waves to Waterfall ) and a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to blueiris! (sorry to hear that you've become the latest Hirpling Hussy of Mala's World, though )...

RL has been kind of for me lately - as the saying goes, "If it's not one thing, it's another!" (that's my Jack version of this )

Anyway, just in case you haven't seen these items of interest, check them out:

The TameZone

October 20, 2010

Episode #4!
                              GateWorld Forum's Bev (Dipsofjazz) joins Tame to talk about forum membership and making friends online.
                              Direct download: http://stream.gateworld.net/podcast/...2010-08-18.mp3

---------------
                              Kate R's RDA Site Updates
                              October 17, 2010

Updates - Note From Rick - Sandoval Family Benefit (OCTOBER 15, 2010)
                              Updates - Sea Shepherd Night For the Oceans (
                              OCTOBER 23, 2010)
                              Archives: "Meet the Man" 2010 - Friday Session 1

----------------
                              TVSquad
                              October 8, 2010

USA Announces Winter Premiere Dates for 'Royal Pains,' 'White Collar,' 'Fairly Legal'
                              Note: the name of the new USA Network series that RDA is set to appear in has been changed from "Facing Kate" to "Fairly Legal".
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh-oh, it seems I missed Jack O'Neill's birthday on Oct 20th, this year.

But to make up for it, I'll post links to the previous two Mala's World celebrations...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X