This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mala50 View Post
    I was going to drop these off tomorrow, but since I'm here now...

OK, so it's FEBRUARY already!

Anyway, announcing my new 2009 Calendars for all you Mala Worlders and/or www.madmala.com visitors. Right now, I've only made a few from my favorite manips and pics. I'm still thinking of maybe doing a horizontal calendar, perhaps based on the RDA Academy, but I'm not sure...

Btw, I haven't updated my Calendar page yet so you can only get the links to the new ones here for now. If you see anything that I don't have a 2009 version of that you'd like, let me know and I'll make it.

First, by request for Anakin and Melissa...(and anyone else who wants them):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...iverJack09.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ck_camo_09.jpg
    Use the links below to DOWNLOAD the .PDF files for printing:
    http://www.madmala.com/miscrda/RDACa...ack_09mala.pdf
    http://www.madmala.com/miscrda/RDACa...amo_09mala.pdf

Thank you, Mala. I really appreciate it! Now I can really enjoy watching the days go by.
    Last edited by penjab; 02 February 2009, 04:26 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

So, no one has anything to say about the 2009 Calendars besides Melissa? No requests? OK, I'll just keep making myself the ones I like!

Here's another new one based on a pic from S7's EVOLUTION. Col. Jack O'Neill is ready for action. This one's called

Alpha Jack
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ack09_mala.jpg
      Use the link below to DOWNLOAD the .PDF files for printing:
      http://www.madmala.com/miscrda/RDACa...k_2009Mala.pdf
      If you want requests, I also liked the one from last year where he is in a black T, green BDU pants with has his holster and his hand almost resting on it. I believe it originally was a group promo shot. You called it Jack Ready.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
        Me,too. I agree about the Red Bulls. Bad I agree that makeup, lighting, and angle don't help either but he said it himself at Gate Con, he gained weight. A camera is unforgiving apparently.
        He drinks the sugar free Red Bull so I doubt very much that is the reason for the weight gain, if that is what you mean.
        sigpic

Comment

Me too!

Just to clarify, Alpha!Jack isn't wearing desert camo - he's wearing jungle camo. His mission, if you recall was to save Daniel and Dr. Lee in the South America jungle which happened to look a lot like the forests of Vancouver...

Anyway, I made a new calendar based on your request for a Black Ops!Jack. Enjoy!

oooohh, I LOVE this one!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
            It matters but doesn't get any better. In #1 skit RDA's character is introduced.

Me,too. I agree about the Red Bulls. Bad I agree that makeup, lighting, and angle don't help either but he said it himself at Gate Con, he gained weight. A camera is unforgiving apparently.
            He said he'd get in shape for the 3rd movie which is just around the corner! What the frak is he waiting for?

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
              He said he'd get in shape for the 3rd movie which is just around the corner! What the frak is he waiting for?
              Rick is a professional procrastinator he will wait to the last minute and then do everything in his power to drop the weight, which at his age isn't quite as easy or safe.
              I was reading about Red Bull and it's ingredients on Wikipedia. It's not as bad as I thought except for the caffeine part which is only equal to a cup of coffee. The Red Bull and how it works could also explain his bulk up chest area, but you have to read the explanation on Wikipedia.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                Rick is a professional procrastinator he will wait to the last minute and then do everything in his power to drop the weight, which at his age isn't quite as easy or safe.
                I was reading about Red Bull and it's ingredients on Wikipedia. It's not as bad as I thought except for the caffeine part which is only equal to a cup of coffee. The Red Bull and how it works could also explain his bulk up chest area, but you have to read the explanation on Wikipedia.
                That's the real problem; losing weight fast particularly at his age isn't easy and it certainly isn't safe (at any age for that matter!)

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                  That's the real problem; losing weight fast particularly at his age isn't easy and it certainly isn't safe (at any age for that matter!)
                  I rather RDA a little chunky in the movie that ill. For Pete sake (sorry) he's 59 and we have to face it, even though we would love Rick back the way he was a few years ago, do we really think that's ever going to happen (gets out my magic mirror) I love him no matter what but he does need to love some weight for health reasons.(so do I, maybe we should make a weight loss date)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anakin View Post
                    ((((((((((((MALA)))))))))))) I love you!!!!!!!
                    ((((Anakin))))!! You're welcome!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by penjab View Post
                      If you want requests, I also liked the one from last year where he is in a black T, green BDU pants with has his holster and his hand almost resting on it. I believe it originally was a group promo shot. You called it Jack Ready.
                      OK! Here you go!

Use the link below to DOWNLOAD the .PDF files for printing:
                      http://www.madmala.com/miscrda/RDACalPDFs/JackReady_ 2009.pdf

Actually, it's a manip made from these three promo shots.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by penjab View Post
                        He drinks the sugar free Red Bull so I doubt very much that is the reason for the weight gain, if that is what you mean.
                        Doesn't it have caffeine? Too much, not so good.

Edit: Trupi answered it.
                        sigpic

Comment

It's more difficult to lose weight when one is older, but not impossible. I think RDA is capable of getting in better shape by the time the movie is ready to shoot as long as he's pain free and can exercise regularly. Personally, I think he can if he puts his mind to it. There are plenty of guys his age who are in good shape because they work at it or stay active (look at Springsteen! )

Yes, I became a fan because of his talent and his good looks, but as I got to 'know' him as the funny, generous person he is, I discovered that there was much more to him than just a pretty face and hot body... Will he be back to how he looked when he left the show? On a pure gutter level, it'd make me happy, but if he's not, I don't really care. I enjoy him for who he is. What's important is that he takes care of himself and stays healthy.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes, I became a fan because of his talent and his good looks, but as I got to 'know' him as the funny, generous person he is, I discovered that there was much more to him than just a pretty face and hot body... Will he be back to how he looked when he left the show? On a pure gutter level, it'd make me happy, but if he's not, I don't really care. I enjoy him for who he is. What's important is that he takes care of himself and stays healthy.
                            Absolutely. And he was the nicest, most talkative guy when I met him in Dec. And he looks pretty darn good, even having added on some weight.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

FYI: All of the calendars that I've posted so far are now available online. I've also left the 2008 page up with the ones that I haven't updated in case anyone's interested in an '09 version. Here's the link:

Mala50's 2009 Calendars - RDA/Jack and Sam/Jack Manips
                              http://www.madmala.com/miscrda/RDACal_09.htm

Last edited by Mala50; 02 February 2009, 04:16 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

It's more difficult to lose weight when one is older, but not impossible. I think RDA is capable of getting in better shape by the time the movie is ready to shoot as long as he's pain free and can exercise regularly. Personally, I think he can if he puts his mind to it. There are plenty of guys his age who are in good shape because they work at it or stay active (look at Springsteen! )

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                                Absolutely. And he was the nicest, most talkative guy when I met him in Dec. And he looks pretty darn good, even having added on some weight.
                                I agree with both of you. And besides, when crunch time comes, he will probably avail himself of the services of a personal trainer.

He apparently has several months to lose the weight (since we think the film will shoot in July) and even when they're older, men still lose faster than women.

Comment

Working...
                                X