X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mala50 View Post
    Thanks, Shelly!

Yikes! Football players on my walls? I've never heard of that...I'm so sheltered...
    http://www.fathead.com/

Wait a minute...you see these things on TV??

Hey, I do watch TV (Heroes, Battlestar Galactica, Weeds, Closer, Damages, Rescue Me, Flight of the Conchords, Top Chef, PBS...) just not TV shows sponsored by FAT HEADS...

Oooh - a giant Colorform of RDA/Jack? Good idea! I want one with removeable clothing...
    I watch lots of tv and I didn't know what they were either. I can watch a commercial straight thru and couldn't tell you what I just watched. Commercials just don't register with me. Unless, or course, its something really eye catching, like, say, a certain leather jacket clad hunk with an American Express card. Or is it MC?
    sigpic
    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

These things look really HUGE... and made of vinyl (at least some of them are) so they can stick to your walls like murals (see web site above).
      My browser sometimes closes down when I try to visit a website that has much stuff at it, I'll try again later.

I do have a new funny video for you all: This is my family and me riding funny neighing horses at a leisure park. If you need a smile today - enjoy!

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=Reiten-1.flv
      Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Arrrr! Sorry Matey, ye missed it... (I can't stop! )

Good to see you C7! What have you been up to?
        My new job is keeping me busy, but I'm loving it. I've also stumbled into the Harry Potter fandom, so I'm checking things out, waiting for news of the 6th movie.

I lurk here at night when I get a chance. I'm also cat-sitting for a friend of mine - looking after two cats is definitely an experience!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GermanAstra View Post
          Can't be that difficult to make one of your own, actually? I know there are websites that print you huge posters.

In Germany, there is a journal for teenies called "BRAVO", that used to have a part of a big poster in every issue so that you could collect all of them (at least 20 I think) and then put them together for your wall. I know they had one of RDA back in the eighties when "MacGyver" was on, but since I'm from Eastern Germany...

It's hard to come by after all those years and to find somebody that hasn't a part missing (and that is willing to give it away).

And he would be too young, anyway

No silver hair
          LOL Yes the silver hair is very nice. I think here in the US we would have trouble getting something like that made due to copyright issues and RDA's image as a celebrity.
          I have seen the flat head commercials and the only channels I watch are Sci Fi, BBCA, and HGTV regularly. Well my hubster does watch Speed sometimes so maybe it was on there, that's probably the most likely. I almsot forgot about that one till I was typing. LOL
          Shelly
          My Photos
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Shelly!

Oooh - a giant Colorform of RDA/Jack? Good idea! I want one with removeable clothing...
            WOOHOO!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RDAfan61 View Post
              I think here in the US we would have trouble getting something like that made due to copyright issues and RDA's image as a celebrity.

Yes, I never would do anything involving copyright infringement, either. There suely is a paragraph about it in the things where you have to agree before you can continue.

I actually wanted to make a photo book with my action figures and the "real" scenes from the series at the other site for comparsion, and some of the many wonderful comments I got thrown in for good measure, I think that would look very nice. But there I also must have the rights at the images I upload, and since that are screen captures...

I'm doing a scrap book now.
              Funny pictures with Stargate-Actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

More Action Figure Theater at http://community.livejournal.com/action_tales/

Comment

Yes, I never would do anything involving copyright infringement, either. There suely is a paragraph about it in the things where you have to agree before you can continue.

I actually wanted to make a photo book with my action figures and the "real" scenes from the series at the other site for comparsion, and some of the many wonderful comments I got thrown in for good measure, I think that would look very nice. But there I also must have the rights at the images I upload, and since that are screen captures...

I'm doing a scrap book now.
                I wonder if we could use pictures we took at Avalon of RDA. The picture are ours and as long as they are not being sold for profit and public display- why not?
                sigpic

Comment

An older photo of RDA (2002) from a sixth season set tour from Impact Magazine -- RDA goofing around on the set. Mala, work your best on scrubbing the photo. The original was very tiny in the magazine, but my color scanner automatically enlarges.

Color adjusted

Original color

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I'm not Mala but I have been known to tweak now and then.

Thanks for the pic Morjana! Here's my version:

Shelly
                    My Photos
                    sigpic

Comment

Ooohhh...very nicely done! Thank you Shelly!

Hubba hubba!!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris View Post
                        I watch lots of tv and I didn't know what they were either. I can watch a commercial straight thru and couldn't tell you what I just watched. Commercials just don't register with me. Unless, or course, its something really eye catching, like, say, a certain leather jacket clad hunk with an American Express card. Or is it MC?
                        I'd really like to see him in another commercial...

But keep the hair silver!
                        sigpic

Comment

My browser sometimes closes down when I try to visit a website that has much stuff at it, I'll try again later.

I do have a new funny video for you all: This is my family and me riding funny neighing horses at a leisure park. If you need a smile today - enjoy!

http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=Reiten-1.flv
                          Cute! Does your family know that you're sharing these videos?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                            I wonder if we could use pictures we took at Avalon of RDA. The picture are ours and as long as they are not being sold for profit and public display- why not?
                            Hmmm, I guess you could.

Here's a place that makes custom made ones from your own photos:
                            http://wallslaps.com

Of course, you know if you do it, you'll have to post pictures here of your walls.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                              An older photo of RDA (2002) from a sixth season set tour from Impact Magazine -- RDA goofing around on the set. Mala, work your best on scrubbing the photo. The original was very tiny in the magazine, but my color scanner automatically enlarges.

Color adjusted

Original color

LOL, he's so weird... That's why I love him!

Thanks, Morjana! Nice job, Shelly.

Well, you know I love scrubbing pictures (yes, I'm weird in my own way )...

OK, here's mine (color corrected, sharpened and slightly enlarged):
                              sigpic

Comment

Going back to Astra's action figure Double Jeopardy episode http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...28#post7122728 ...

Originally posted by GermanAstra
                                <snip>
                                http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...ions/PPP52.jpg

Robo-Jack disguised himself as one of Cronos's guards. And I think he did
                                pretty good (the grey cape he had stolen from the Ori-prior).
                                Originally posted by Mala50
                                Cool! Double Jeopardy! It's too bad you couldn't find a bucket or something like that to put on Robo-O'Neill's head for that silly helmet he wore in disguise...
                                I found a promo pic of Android Jack/Robo-O'Neill in his helmet.

This has to be one of the most ridiculous costumes and make-up jobs RDA had to wear for the show...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X