The Dragon Cave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Todds worshipper View Post
    I'm afraid I need to ask you guys for a favor again, please? My two silver eggs have a soft shell. I've hidden them but when checking the cave forum it says that there are different reasons for a soft shell and they can still die while hidden unless I figure out the problem. It's hard for me to tell, can anyone else see what the problem might be?:
    Views, Unique views, Clicks
    1631, 688, 24
    1630, 685, 23
    Are they pretty new? Less than a day old? If so, then they've gotten to many views too soon and hiding them is the way to go. The other "sicknesses" have to do with when you have more clicks than unique veiws. And that's pretty hard to do. But in that case, you want more views, so hiding them would be bad.

Comment

Thanks Seahen! I really appreciate it.
      That is definitely the problem. Last night they hadn't even started to crack and this morning they had the really big holes in them.
      They are my first rare eggs and took weeks of trying to get them. I'd be devastated if I lost them.

So do I keep checking the description while they're hidden and when the soft shell disappears then I can unhide them?
      sigpic
      Cass Todd -

Comment

Originally posted by Todds worshipper View Post
        Thanks Seahen! I really appreciate it.
        That is definitely the problem. Last night they hadn't even started to crack and this morning they had the really big holes in them.
        They are my first rare eggs and took weeks of trying to get them. I'd be devastated if I lost them.

So do I keep checking the description while they're hidden and when the soft shell disappears then I can unhide them?
        Yep, you got it. Sometimes it will go away fast, other times it might take a while. But they'll get better, not to worry.

EDIT: Here's a helpful guide about softshell: http://dragcaveforum.technoized.com/...showtopic=3931

Comment

I have a question now, sort of.

I have a mint egg, which I picked up from the abandoned page. It had around 200 views at the time. I then almost straight away got some more eggs, and put all of them in my sig at the same time. But, the mint egg has double the amount of views, unique views and clicks as all the others (see my dragon page, the "here be dragons" line is a link).

How could this be possible? Could the previous owner still have the code for it in their sig? Or could the code be stolen? I don't want to hide it since it's fine at the moment and it's close to growing up, but I'm at work all day tomorrow, and I don't get chance really to get online before work. I'd have to leave the egg all night and most of the day. What do you all think about this? Should I fog it (though it won't grow up), or leave it?

Comment

Absolutely, the former owner could still have it in his/her sig somewhere. I do that sometimes when I abandon an egg; I keep it in my sig long enough to make sure that the person who adopted it really IS gonna take care of it and then I take it out.
            sigpic

Comment

Evening clickies!
              sigpic
              Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

*night time clicks*

sigpic

Comment

i've only got one dragon left out of my original four..

and it really could use some clicks please
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Clicking again *yawn*

Comment

I finally have a male and female two headed dragons. And they don't hate each other!

Found this guy on the abandoned page, but he seems to be doing alright.

Comment

Originally posted by seahen View Post
                        i finally have a male and female two headed dragons. And they don't hate each other! :d
                        yay!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving to all who will be celebrating tomorrow.

Comment

*more clicks*
                            sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                            "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                            My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

D'oh! Of course, now that TR's gone out of town for 5 days, I breed an alt black. Hopefully, she'll be back before it grows up.

Comment

Originally posted by tayradio View Post
                                Absolutely, the former owner could still have it in his/her sig somewhere. I do that sometimes when I abandon an egg; I keep it in my sig long enough to make sure that the person who adopted it really IS gonna take care of it and then I take it out.
                                I do the same things, but I know that the person isn't taking good care of my old ones, since I keep an eye on it for days before I put it in my sig. I think it's kind of obvious that it is being taken care of, but now it's sick and I've had to hide it. So they've kind of made it worse.

Also quick clickies (sneaked on at work since I had a feeling the hatching would be ill).

Comment

Working...
                                X