Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In fact, Antarctica is one of the last places on Earth, where even cities could lay undiscovered. So everything is possible in there.

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
      In fact, Antarctica is one of the last places on Earth, where even cities could lay undiscovered. So everything is possible in there.
      thats true, but until we actually gain the techknology to get through the ice, we'll never know what is there.

Comment

I think Atlantis was real if your open minded it explains a lot like how there was humans on the american continent's even though most proof and theories show they evolved in asia/africa i mean how can the exact same race exist on a supercontinent thats pretty unreachable by canoe or boats of that day.

If they did split into groups and spread out from antartica it would explain why humans are pretty well spread throughout the world and why theres limited evidence of the theories of evolution if we evolved on the antartic continent then all the evidence would be buried under it.

Also it would explain why so many civilisations believe almost the same things about the Atlantis myth and how civilisations from 2 diferent supercontinents can write a few references the same.

I know atlantis exists i see it every night at 9pm on sky 1
        if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

I like the theories about a tidal wave whiping it out best. I've never done a lot of research about it though, just watched some documenteries on the History channel.
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
            I think Atlantis was real if your open minded it explains a lot like how there was humans on the american continent's even though most proof and theories show they evolved in asia/africa i mean how can the exact same race exist on a supercontinent thats pretty unreachable by canoe or boats of that day.
            The Bering Land Bridge.

Comment

i beleive that atlantis existed because there is so much evidence that it did. the only problem we have is finding its location, and its because of that many people doubt its existance. what we also need to ask ourselves is what kind of civilation were they? where they advanced in terms of the ancient world, or in terms of the stargate shows, or where they normal like the rest of the ancient world?

Comment

Originally posted by SG66 View Post
                i beleive that atlantis existed because there is so much evidence that it did. the only problem we have is finding its location, and its because of that many people doubt its existance. what we also need to ask ourselves is what kind of civilation were they? where they advanced in terms of the ancient world, or in terms of the stargate shows, or where they normal like the rest of the ancient world?
                I would say the first, they were advanced in terms of the ancient world and were destroyed in some cataclismic catastrophe. Or they were as advanced as in stargate and they left... Two possible choices for me.

Comment

I would think that a civilization probably existed when the continents were all together and then when they split human beings got divided. If that civilazation was atlantis then it would be spread all over and appear to be a bunch of different civilizations.

Also would explain how so many people knew of it, why we cant find it, why humans were spread so evenly, why so many similar legands and theologies can be found as well as similar artitecture.

But I dont doubt if we could get through the antartic ice we would find some remenent of something.

and if we could search all the ocean floor something of an unknown civilizaton would pop up.

Comment

Was there an ancient city that was destroyed? Sure, why not. Was there an ancient city that was destroyed that could be the foundation of this myth? Again, sure, why not.
                    Were the people of this city advanced and enlightened and super techno? Nope, don't buy it.

Comment

Plato say in his writings that they were a very advanced people and were a dominate naval power in the Mediteranian.
                      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

they were certainly advanced, in what capacity is the question. we know that other civilizatins were advanced in their own way, for example the ancient egyptions built their great pyramids to the exat coordinates of 3 stars in the sky. and the maya i beleive built their pyrmainds on the same latiutude line, or it could be longeitude, i always get those two words confused lol.

Comment

Yes, many civilisations were very advanced in their time (in fact nearly all we are aware of), which doesn't make them aliens, or those, who can change galaxies...

Comment

Originally posted by jash View Post
                            Does anyone think there was once a real atlantis on earth.
                            I do. By the way, Plato introduced Atlantis in Timaeus (written in 360 BC):
                            For it is related in our records how once upon a time your State stayed the course of a mighty host, which, starting from a distant point in the Atlantic ocean, was insolently advancing to attack the whole of Europe, and Asia to boot. For the ocean there was at that time navigable; for in front of the mouth which you Greeks call, as you say, 'the pillars of Heracles,' there lay an island which was larger than Libya and Asia together; and it was possible for the travelers of that time to cross from it to the other islands, and from the islands to the whole of the continent over against them which encompasses that veritable ocean. For all that we have here, lying within the mouth of which we speak, is evidently a haven having a narrow entrance; but that yonder is a real ocean, and the land surrounding it may most rightly be called, in the fullest and truest sense, a continent. Now in this island of Atlantis there existed a confederation of kings, of great and marvelous power, which held sway over all the island, and over many other islands also and parts of the continent.

Comment

Atlantis may have seemed big and impressive at the time, filled with riches and technological marvels, but it would probably be pretty much the same as every other major historical city of the ancient world. No magic, no aliens, no super-advanced civilisation and no other strange stuff. Just a city on the coast or on an island, which meant it was a key port, that one day got flooded or was hit by a wave or blown away by an eruption. Those are the sorts of things that become legends. So could the reality of Atlantis have existed, absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Eestlanna View Post
                                I do. By the way, Plato introduced Atlantis in Timaeus (written in 360 BC):For it is related in our records how once upon a time your State stayed the course of a mighty host, which, starting from a distant point in the Atlantic ocean, was insolently advancing to attack the whole of Europe, and Asia to boot. For the ocean there was at that time navigable; for in front of the mouth which you Greeks call, as you say, 'the pillars of Heracles,' there lay an island which was larger than Libya and Asia together; and it was possible for the travelers of that time to cross from it to the other islands, and from the islands to the whole of the continent over against them which encompasses that veritable ocean. For all that we have here, lying within the mouth of which we speak, is evidently a haven having a narrow entrance; but that yonder is a real ocean, and the land surrounding it may most rightly be called, in the fullest and truest sense, a continent. Now in this island of Atlantis there existed a confederation of kings, of great and marvelous power, which held sway over all the island, and over many other islands also and parts of the continent.
                                actually new evidance shows that the story had been passed down by word of mouth and that the egyptians new had written about Atlantis hundreds of years before Plato did, but that is niether here nore there as I to agree that there was once a highly advanced culture that existed in ancient times but was destroyed by nature, They weren't aliens and the probably weren't as advanced as wea are now but for there time they were far superior to all others even the egyptians.
                                sigpic
                                Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
                                STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

Working...
                                X