This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was there a real atlantis on earth?

Does anyone think there was once a real atlantis on earth. not like the one on the show but from a real earth historical point.

I'm on the fence, some time I think there was, and some times i think there wasn't.
    Religion and science are the same both explain Gods work.

I dunno. Until we find some solid evidence of its location and then find some ruins, I guess we'll never know for sure. Its one of those mysteries...Maybe they'll make a Troy-like movie about it.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

There may possibly have been a city that the legend of Atlantis was based on. If I'm not mistaken the island of Crete is a likely candidate.
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

My guess is it may have stemmed from the story of the Garden Of Eden biblical story.

Or it's in the Bermuda Triangle. Or both....

Comment

The interesting point about that is that every ancient culture believed in the existence of such a place that disapeared from the surface of Earth. For example the old Olmecs from Central America wrote about the "Atlanteans" some 1500 BC from such a place that disapeared later. Note: Atlanteans- Atlantis, quite similar, isn't it?
          And even more interesting, if I remember well, these Atlanteans were supposed to be extraterrestrials for Olmecs, who were very advanced in Astronomy and understood the notion of planets.

Comment

there may have been theres no real evidence to proof it either way and i'm actully working on a fictionel Novel about Atlantis ala Tory style and i think it may have been after Searching thru alot of stuff about Atlantis i think Atlantis may be out there one of the last mysteries of the world a fact some of you may not know is that a guy named edgar cayce said in one of his prophecies that there will be evidence found under the right paw of the Sphinx that will proof Atlantis does exist but who knows
            System Lord Remus

Comment

it's a very interesting idea, a nice little mystery. it's fun 2 read about it and c facts supporting the idea

Comment

I hope there really was something of the kind, some other race that lived on Earth before and left long time ago or something else extraordinary, because if not, it would mean the Earth history is just boring....

Comment

It is a well known myth/legend/story told by Plato, Discovery channel and National Geographic did a view documentaries on the subject. Scientists and Archeologists(sp) are still busy searching for facts and clues. Some say it dissapeared under a tectonic plate (earthquake centres where 2 plates collide and sometimes merges or one plate slides under the other)

I for 1 believe that a great city excisted all those years ago, Plato wasnt the only one talking about it.

Comment

Plato...go read his account of atlantis. It's interesting and there is lots of material the show could have used from his account too.
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Theres nothing to indicate there was outside of legend and fiction. Id be estatic if there was, but. Im pretty sure the first city was either Sumur or Urim. The ancient world had some interesting history ^.^

Comment

Originally posted by System_Lord_Remus View Post
                        there may have been theres no real evidence to proof it either way and i'm actully working on a fictionel Novel about Atlantis ala Tory style and i think it may have been after Searching thru alot of stuff about Atlantis i think Atlantis may be out there one of the last mysteries of the world a fact some of you may not know is that a guy named edgar cayce said in one of his prophecies that there will be evidence found under the right paw of the Sphinx that will proof Atlantis does exist but who knows
                        That would be cool to see, it would also help prove the alidity of some of his other predictions
                        Best quotes ever:
                        O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                        Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                        Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                        Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                        Thor:I like the yellow ones
                        O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

i think so, hell, i've been there. crap, they told me never to tell anyone i was there. NO I WILL NOT DIVULGE ITS SECRET LOCATION!
                          Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
                            i think so, hell, i've been there. crap, they told me never to tell anyone i was there. NO I WILL NOT DIVULGE ITS SECRET LOCATION!
                            Ofcourse, you've also danced with harold hadrada and slept with cleopatra.
                            Best quotes ever:
                            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                            Thor:I like the yellow ones
                            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                              Ofcourse, you've also danced with harold hadrada and slept with cleopatra.
                              nah, cleopatra was kind of scary looking, the pictures of her are complete BS
                              Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X