This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
    Can you nominate more than one song from each movie?

Gollum's Song - The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
    Into the West - The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
    Up is Down - Pirates of the Carribean

(LOVE the banner!! )
    Welcome but your nominations don't count because it is only scores of music, what means no lyrics. No singing at all.

so this means the first 2 are disqualified because they have singing. The POTC one is okay though.

And yes you can nominate more then one score of a movie, as long as it doesn't have singing.

Comment

Hmmm. I wonder if I've seen any movies that aren't animated in the last eight years? (Ponders the lady with an eight year old and a ten year old.)

I think I'll have to start with looking up movies from that time period. I'll be back later.

EDIT: Well. That was depressing. I've only seen about fifteen movies in the last 8 years. here is a good site with pretty much every movie that came out since 1996.

Now I've got to go see if any of those movies had decent music.....
      Last edited by Callista; 26 February 2008, 04:03 PM.

Comment

OK, Here's one I came up with:

1) Minor Swing - Chocolat - 2000 (It's the first 2 minutes and 28 seconds of the link) 1st

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
          (LOVE the banner!! )
          Thank you!!!

Originally posted by Callista View Post
          Hmmm. I wonder if I've seen any movies that aren't animated in the last eight years? (Ponders the lady with an eight year old and a ten year old.)

I think I'll have to start with looking up movies from that time period. I'll be back later.

EDIT: Well. That was depressing. I've only seen about fifteen movies in the last 8 years. here is a good site with pretty much every movie that came out since 1996.

Now I've got to go see if any of those movies had decent music.....
          We did think about including animated movies at first, but then we realized there's just too many! But if this tournie goes well we might do one for animated too

And thanks for the link!

Comment

1. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King - A Toast in the Shire - Howard Shore

Grrrrr! I wish I could find a better music clip for it!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
              Welcome but your nominations don't count because it is only scores of music, what means no lyrics. No singing at all.

so this means the first 2 are disqualified because they have singing. The POTC one is okay though.

And yes you can nominate more then one score of a movie, as long as it doesn't have singing.
              Ah! I misunderstood. Apologies.

I Don't Think Now is the Best Time
              - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
              (I don't know if that is the entire song, but it's pretty close.)
              || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Aggghhhhh! I want to nominate every bit of theme music from every Lord of the Rings movie....

I don't watch movies overmuch--I'm going to have a bit of a problem....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

1. Batman Begins – Molossus - Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard (-10)
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                    Aggghhhhh! I want to nominate every bit of theme music from every Lord of the Rings movie....

I don't watch movies overmuch--I'm going to have a bit of a problem....
                    I know the feeling! So I'll second yours if you'll second mine. I'll get you the next time.

1. Raiders Of The Lost Ark - Raiders Of The Lost Ark - Cole Porter, John Williams - First (You can disregard the video, it was just the one with the clearest music.)

1. Mirrormask - Rabbit Band - Not sure.

2. The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring - The Bridge Of Khazad Dum - Howard Shore - First. The end of this one gets me everytime! (It's not disqualified right? Even though there is a choir, they are just "ah"ing.)

3. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King - A Toast in the Shire - Howard Shore - Seconded
                    Last edited by SqueeG-1; 26 February 2008, 06:07 PM. Reason: Callista seconded and posted a better link. Isn't she handy.:D And I can't read.
                    sigpic
                    Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                      1. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King - A Toast in the Shire - Howard Shore

Grrrrr! I wish I could find a better music clip for it!
                      2) Lord of the Rings: Return of the King - A Toast in the Shire - Howard Shore 2nd

Brat, I put a different link in there. Give it a listen and see if that's the one you're talking about. If so, I think it's actually called "Concerning Hobbits" and it's from The Fellowship of the Ring (as well, I'm sure as all three of the movies in at least bits and pieces).
                      Last edited by Callista; 26 February 2008, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post

1. Raiders Of The Lost Ark - Raiders Of The Lost Ark - Cole Porter, John Williams - First (You can disregard the video, it was just the one with the clearest music.)
                        I love love Indiana Jones so it pains me to say this but... Movie must be from 2000-2008 and "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" hasn't premiered yet... otherwise it would be ok to nominate the main theme!

Comment

Oops. My bad. I didn't notice there was a date limitation.

Will go poke around for new stuff and edit. Again.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oops. My bad. I didn't notice there was a date limitation.

Will go poke around for new stuff and edit. Again.
                            You mean u didnt notice the big blue numers

Oh and I don't even hear any "ah'ing" *LOL!!* in The Bridge Of Khazad Dum, so of course it goes

Comment

What, you expect me to read?
                              sigpic

Comment

1. Mirrormask - Rabbit Band - Not sure.

2. The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring - The Bridge Of Khazad Dum - Howard Shore - First. The end of this one gets me everytime! (It's not disqualified right? Even though there is a choir, they are just "ah"ing.)
                                3. 28 Days Later - An Ending (Ascent) - Brian Eno
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X