No announcement yet.

Stargate Loving Teachers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm always excited for the new school year! Fresh students, fresh ideas! Love it!
    sigpic
    Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

I'm really ready for the new kiddos! SO ready!

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
        We go back on the 13th for inservice too! We start on the 23rd.

I just have to file my files I sorted this summer and get the tables in the room just like I want. Most of the furniture is like I want it. AND I have a real (big) teacher desk this year! I feel so special! I was using the smallest desk ever last year.

Of course, name plates and all will come later. But right now I feel pretty good, I will go in tomorrow too! I only went in a few hours a couple of weeks ago, but it was enough to get a lot done! I also have to put the computers back together... It's so HOT in the building when no one is there all the time. I'm actually quite nervous!

It's my first (real) first day. However, I have learned a LOT from last year. I'm not smiling until December.
        I highly recommend The First Days of School by Harry and Rosemary Wong. I'd be surprised if your school media center doesn't have a copy or two.While I was a classroom teacher, I reread this book every year before school started. It put me in a positive frame of mind, and it's full of good suggestions.

We don't go back to school until Aug. 30th, and students report on Sept. 7th. Because of all the tourism, there's a law that prevents us from opening school before Labor Day. I hate it at the end of the year. This past year, we didn't get out until Jun. 21st. I'd much rather do the time up front.
        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

I've gotten some good ideas from Harry Wong. He's actually very funny. I've gotten many of my procedure ideas from him. Going to school this morning, as soon as I get some things printed out!

Comment

Spent a few hours in the classroom (because how long can you really spend in a Texas school building with barely any AC?) Got the computers all set up and the tables just how I want them. I still need to laminate some things and get my welcome to school bulletin board stuff up. Then I think I might be ready. At least the room will be!

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
              I highly recommend The First Days of School by Harry and Rosemary Wong. I'd be surprised if your school media center doesn't have a copy or two.While I was a classroom teacher, I reread this book every year before school started. It put me in a positive frame of mind, and it's full of good suggestions.

We don't go back to school until Aug. 30th, and students report on Sept. 7th. Because of all the tourism, there's a law that prevents us from opening school before Labor Day. I hate it at the end of the year. This past year, we didn't get out until Jun. 21st. I'd much rather do the time up front.
              We have local state legislator that keeps threatening that with us, but so far no luck. I'm thankful. I don't mind starting early, cuz the thought of school in June brings on anxiety attacks. I did subbing in VA while my husband was still in the Navy and teaching in June just about killed me.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm glad we don't have to do that. Last year our last day (with kids) was June 3rd, this year we have one SD day on June 1st. Ahh...I like how we get to vote on calendars!

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                  I'm glad we don't have to do that. Last year our last day (with kids) was June 3rd, this year we have one SD day on June 1st. Ahh...I like how we get to vote on calendars!
                  We do too, but the school board will still change it. It's happened to us twice. They did it changing our holidays which we had voted on. I really wish we could start earlier in August so the semester will end before Christmas break. My sister's district does that, but the spring semester is 4 weeks longer than the fall. Our school board insists the semesters have the same amount of days.
                  sigpic

Comment

i've been teaching for 3 years, but since i am new to this county, i have to go to the new teacher academy aug 4-5 all day, and the a new teacher celebration friday the 6th. first day back for contract is next tuesday the 10th. kids come the next week on aug 17th.
                    i'm still getting my new classroom set up.
                    yikes.

Comment

Teachers started August 2nd where I work and the students will start back this Thursday August 5th.
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I am so excited! Our friends loaned us one of their vehicles and I'm going to go work on my classroom tomorrow! Yay!
                        sigpic

Comment

Aww...yay, Amy. That's great! God bless your friends!

Comment

I got my classroom rearranged and started making all the copies I need for first week of school. I looked at my class schedule which gives the numbers of students per class and my last period has 32 students. I only have 26 desks!
                            sigpic

Comment

Wow...that's...scary. Sorry, Amy!

I only have 14 right now...we'll see how many they add between now and the beginning of school. I AM SO EXCITED! (okay...and a bit nervous!) I have all their clips with their names on them and all...and I think I might need one more set for center time. Yes! I think that's what I'll do! Some of them I know, that'll make it better...right?

Comment

We had Meet the Teacher last night and it went really well. More than half of my class showed up. The parents were very nice and curious. Most kids were shy, but one of my little girls came up and hugged me, with a huge smile on her face...I love this age group! They love, love, love you! Can't wait for Monday!

Comment

Working...
                                X