No announcement yet.

Stargate Loving Teachers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks cool Amy! I was too lazy to register...But so the kiddos will watch the video stuff and then answer the question on the site? That's a cool thing...And a cool way to incorporate technology, which I might have to try for my Ed. Tech class...
    sigpic
    Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
      That looks cool Amy! I was too lazy to register...But so the kiddos will watch the video stuff and then answer the question on the site? That's a cool thing...And a cool way to incorporate technology, which I might have to try for my Ed. Tech class...
      Thanks for looking TR! That is the idea, and also to get the kids to also listen to what each other posts. The district is pushing, but I think the same thing can be done in a regular forum. This site adds the audio/video factor to the discussion. I'd like to come up with some more ideas on how I can incorporate this.
      sigpic
      Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
        Thanks for looking TR! That is the idea, and also to get the kids to also listen to what each other posts. The district is pushing, but I think the same thing can be done in a regular forum. This site adds the audio/video factor to the discussion. I'd like to come up with some more ideas on how I can incorporate this.
        You're welcome. And yeah, it most likely could be done in a regular forum. Plus, depending on where you are there are still some kids that only have internet access at school...What grade do you teach again? Because you could maybe do something similar in a Language Arts class...Maybe start reading a passage from a book/poem/etc and then each kid that responds says another part of it. And it could also be a cool way for them to do story/poem/etc chronology by having all the clips in the classroom and then the kids put them in order. But it's just a thought...
        sigpic
        Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Hey everyone I teach Art and Computer at two private schools....out on summer break WOOT and enjoying things...but taking a pottery class over the summer This thread is a good idea
          Originally posted by jelgate
          This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
            You're welcome. And yeah, it most likely could be done in a regular forum. Plus, depending on where you are there are still some kids that only have internet access at school...What grade do you teach again? Because you could maybe do something similar in a Language Arts class...Maybe start reading a passage from a book/poem/etc and then each kid that responds says another part of it. And it could also be a cool way for them to do story/poem/etc chronology by having all the clips in the classroom and then the kids put them in order. But it's just a thought...
            I teach 9th grade geography. I love your LA idea though! I'll have to share that with my team!

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
            Hey everyone I teach Art and Computer at two private schools....out on summer break WOOT and enjoying things...but taking a pottery class over the summer This thread is a good idea
            Welcome to the thread! What a combination! Do you teach art in a computer graphic arts kind of way? I teach geography in technology academy (a school within our regular high school) so maybe you'll be able to give me some ideas.
            sigpic

Comment

I teach 9th grade geography. I love your LA idea though! I'll have to share that with my team!

Welcome to the thread! What a combination! Do you teach art in a computer graphic arts kind of way? I teach geography in technology academy (a school within our regular high school) so maybe you'll be able to give me some ideas.
              Thanks for the welcome! Well I teach Visual Arts which is basically the hands on creating Art. I also teach Computer which is any thing and everything to do with the computer so I teach a variety of computer courses with a lot of emphasis on keyboarding. I try to teach a lot of art related programs in computer class too just because I find it interesting and the students enjoy it too. Programs such as Animationish, Gimp, Photoshop.....etc. I'm not sure if I would be much help in the geography area but you may be able to find some online type lessons and tutorials that the kids could try. Our school has SmartBoards as well and they are just awesome. The kids can interact with the boards by writing on the board...typing or dragging things with their finger. It is the best thing for teachers since they discovered lamination!
              Originally posted by jelgate
              This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

My SmartBoard hasn't worked in three years. I've been waiting 2 years to have it removed from my room. We use Interwrite boards now (they work the same, except it's a little board I carry around). I think I overused mine because the last few months of school, it wouldn't work properly. I think I just might have bad luck with technology.
                sigpic

Comment

At least you guys have Smartboards. I still have a blackboard...actually, it's green. It's sad, but maybe this year kindergarten will get Smartboards! Actually, I would even like a dry erase board...that would be better than a blackboard. I hate chalk.

Comment

I'm falling into panic as I just realized I have less than 2 weeks before I head back to school for inservice. We start back on Friday the 13th of all days!

When do you all head back to school? Do you all have "inservice" days before school starts?
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm falling into panic as I just realized I have less than 2 weeks before I head back to school for inservice. We start back on Friday the 13th of all days!

When do you all head back to school? Do you all have "inservice" days before school starts?
                      Tuesday the 17th is when I have to be back. The 23rd is the first day. I'm not ready at all....I'm going to work in the room Monday!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                        Tuesday the 17th is when I have to be back. The 23rd is the first day. I'm not ready at all....I'm going to work in the room Monday!
                        We go back on the 13th for inservice too! We start on the 23rd.

I just have to file my files I sorted this summer and get the tables in the room just like I want. Most of the furniture is like I want it. AND I have a real (big) teacher desk this year! I feel so special! I was using the smallest desk ever last year.

Of course, name plates and all will come later. But right now I feel pretty good, I will go in tomorrow too! I only went in a few hours a couple of weeks ago, but it was enough to get a lot done! I also have to put the computers back together... It's so HOT in the building when no one is there all the time. I'm actually quite nervous!

It's my first (real) first day. However, I have learned a LOT from last year. I'm not smiling until December.

Comment

Yeah, I was planning on spending this week at school, but my daughter wrecked my truck so I am relying on the goodness of friends to drive me around. I wanted to get all my copies done, but I realized this afternoon that I haven't gotten my schedule yet, so I can't complete my syllabi. Crud! I am so behind this year!
                          sigpic

Comment

Aww! That's too bad, Amy! You'll get it done in time, though! Just FYI, the word syllabi makes me break into a sweat. Eww. I'm so glad I teach kindergarten.

Comment

ROFL! I just got done with Vacation Bible School and had the Bible story reading group. I wanted to strangle the pre-K and K group by the end of the week! I don't know how you do it!
                              sigpic

Comment

ROFL! I just got done with Vacation Bible School and had the Bible story reading group. I wanted to strangle the pre-K and K group by the end of the week! I don't know how you do it!
                                I definitely couldn't handle HS. Actually, looking back over last year I don't know how I did it! I just took it one day at a time and said 'tomorrow will be better', regardless if tomorrow was better or not, I always said it. Then I would think...NEXT year will be better! This year will be great! I guess half of me is nervous, the other half can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                                X