The GLBT and GSA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    Someone I know ticked a box saying she had just had sex with an Argentinian (one of the "danger" areas) and she didn't even know his name. They took her blood. Yet a monogamous gay friend can't give blood.

Dude.
    Certainly is unfare but that unfortunatly is how society is theese days

Comment

It looks like a a daytime serial here in the States has a group of fans upset. But not the way it appears.

http://www.edgesanfrancisco.com/inde...&sc3=&id=71053

Excerpt:

The fans have started a letter-writing campaign, posted an online petition and even have a Web site that counts the days, hours, minutes and seconds since Luke and Noah last locked lips.

"We totally support this show and applaud the show for doing this story line,’’ said Roger Newcomb, a computer worker from New York’s northern suburbs and the man behind the campaign. "We just don’t understand why they have to be censored or treated differently.’’

"As the World Turns,’’ which premiered in 1956, had the first gay male character in daytime drama in 1988. Last August was another milestone _ believed to be the first time two gay men kissed on a soap _ when Luke surprised Noah with the sign of affection.

They kissed again in September, at a time Noah was still coming to grips with being gay. But since officially becoming a couple, their lips have been sealed.

Fans first sensed the new attitude around Christmas, during a tender scene where the two men proclaimed their love for one another. It was clear they were about to kiss, but the camera instead panned up and focused on some mistletoe.

"I’ve been watching soaps for decades,’’ Newcomb said, "and that doesn’t happen.’’

Valentine’s Day featured fantasy sequences involving several of the show’s couples. All the stories ended in a kiss, except for Luke and Noah’s. They hugged.
      I watched the kiss on youtube and it didn't bother me. But then again I seen the UK and US version of Queer as Folk and nothing there bothered me.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
        It looks like a a daytime serial here in the States has a group of fans upset. But not the way it appears.

http://www.edgesanfrancisco.com/inde...&sc3=&id=71053

Excerpt:

I watched the kiss on youtube and it didn't bother me. But then again I seen the UK and US version of Queer as Folk and nothing there bothered me.
        I, for one, don't watch daytime soaps as they never really appealed to me, but this news is quite a breath of fresh air. I applaud CBS for being brave enough to venture into unknown territory with their head's held high too. Gay kisses on television (besides Logo) are just not done enough.

Reading the article I see two groups. One that is whole-heartedly in favor of seeing different storylines such as this one (Yay!) and those that accept that gay relationships *are* a reality, but would rather not have to deal with it. Kinda like the "closed eye" approach to life. "It's there, but I don't want to acknowledge this fact." This second view I see all too much already. Hopefully CBS hasn't buckled under any pressure they we aren't aware of as their reasonings for keeping any more kissing scenes under wraps. A bit strange that they would be bold enough to begin such a storyline, only to pull back so.

One thing I know. Watching a little "As the World Turns" has certainly drawn my interest.

Comment

Oh. I saw something about that ages ago. Watched the kiss and stuff. I was like so what? But then I've never seen much of the show and I thought it was cool of the soap to do that.
          Reinette Poisson: My Dear Doctor... I have seen the world inside your head and know that all things are possible. Hurry then my love; my days grow shorter now and I am so very weak. Godspeed my lonely angel. ~ The Girl in the Fireplace, New Doctor Who, ses. 2.

42 = Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything ~ The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

My IJ

Comment

Apparently either no one has anything to talk about on this thread, or once again I'm a thread killer.

Trust me, it has happened before. I just hope it's the first one rather than the latter one. Heh.
            Reinette Poisson: My Dear Doctor... I have seen the world inside your head and know that all things are possible. Hurry then my love; my days grow shorter now and I am so very weak. Godspeed my lonely angel. ~ The Girl in the Fireplace, New Doctor Who, ses. 2.

42 = Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything ~ The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

My IJ

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_angel_42 View Post
              Apparently either no one has anything to talk about on this thread, or once again I'm a thread killer.

Trust me, it has happened before. I just hope it's the first one rather than the latter one. Heh.
              Where's the land of fire and ice?

Love your signature. Love that Dr. Who episode - I snogged Madame de Pompadoure!
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Where's the land of fire and ice?

Love your signature. Love that Dr. Who episode - I snogged Madame de Pompadoure!
                Thanks. Yes, once again I am on a DW kick. Heh. Can't wait for it to start up again, though I will be sad for the lack of TW.

Sooo getting the DVD's as soon as I can. lol.

One of my fav. ep's. Hehe.

The land of fire & ice is... Iceland.

And did you post because I was all oh noez, I'm a thread killer? Just curious. lol. (And yes, I do know correct grammar, but Lolcats has eaten my brain and I fall into that sometimes.)

My IJ

Comment

I wanted to do you a favor. Trust me, I have been known to kill threads too, I know how it feels.

Comment

I wanted to do you a favor. Trust me, I have been known to kill threads too, I know how it feels.
                    Hehe. Why thank you, that's very nice of you.

*Sighs*

Now I have to go to sleep. *Pouts* Damn work. And I have to learn how to make orders for salad bar and stuff because I'm going over there soon. And how fun the woman there knows like some Icelandic and don't try talking to her in English.

It gets weird when people don't understand you in TWO languages. Hah. Frustration, hand motions, pointing fingers and all kinds of drama.

Ah, that was a bit off the topic. Sorry. Heh. Sleep calls, well, DW calls but no time. lol.

My IJ

Comment

Goodnight then, and sweet dreams!

Comment

Goodnight then, and sweet dreams!
                        Thanks. You too, you know whenever.

*Iz stepping away from the laptop... well, more putting under her bed just after she finishes fixing a little story.*

My IJ

Comment

lol.. don't worry LA... this thread dies periodically... oddly enough, no one has anything to talk about until they have a gay moment, which just makes everyone else nostolgic about the time it happened to them

and yesh... can't wait for DW to start up again either.... going thru TARDIS withdrawl and for LOLcats, i must point you in the direction of this There be a Lulzkat in ur Turchwad
                          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                            lol.. don't worry LA... this thread dies periodically... oddly enough, no one has anything to talk about until they have a gay moment, which just makes everyone else nostolgic about the time it happened to them

and yesh... can't wait for DW to start up again either.... going thru TARDIS withdrawl and for LOLcats, i must point you in the direction of this There be a Lulzkat in ur Turchwad
                            Really? Heh. Hmm. Not sure I've had one yet. Might have been a few years back, but it was kind of confusing. lol. *Shrugs & goes to check out that lolcats thing*

My IJ

Comment

This thread is like a phoenix... Always rises from its ashes.

*continues to listen to "Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Requiem in D minor KV 626: 03 Sequentia: Dies irae" until she's tired of it and abandons the idea of continuing the damn musicvid*

Comment

lol. Okay, then I won't worry the next time. lmoa.

Hilarious fic by the way. Can't laugh too loud though, might wake my family up. lol.

EDIT: That fic? Most brilliant thing ever!!

My IJ

Comment

Working...
                                X