The GLBT and GSA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
    Your conversation does remind me of the 'ten reasons you know your son/daughter is gay lists'.
    Hand me that list so that I can hand to my folks first... before I come out.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

i don't think that list will do me any good i just don't act gay around my family.... it's like i have a split personality complex... actually, come to think of it, i may have some sort of personality disorder

oh, and i have some great news! i don't know how many of you are familiar with the Gateworld Cantina... it's the largest thread on the entire site, and part of it's charm is that it's an informal role play... you're simply you, and your background can come from any of the more popular fandoms expressed thru the site... you can take part in the actual role play story or you can just stay for the conversations [( as i do )] anyways, me and sillyscipia got engaged on monday
      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
        i don't think that list will do me any good i just don't act gay around my family.... it's like i have a split personality complex... actually, come to think of it, i may have some sort of personality disorder
        Same here... though sometimes I let it slip. It has happened by accident where I made a slip up and my sister almost choked coughing, trying to get attention away from me onto her. I fixed it easily then... but I learned to be more careful nonetheless.

oh, and i have some great news! i don't know how many of you are familiar with the Gateworld Cantina... it's the largest thread on the entire site, and part of it's charm is that it's an informal role play... you're simply you, and your background can come from any of the more popular fandoms expressed thru the site... you can take part in the actual role play story or you can just stay for the conversations [( as i do )] anyways, me and sillyscipia got engaged on monday
        I find it kind of hard stepping into an already existing conversation.

Congrats to you and Sillyscipia

Comment

heh... i usually lurk until i have something to say which isn't very often
          sigpic

Comment

The conversation my sister just had with mum on the phone:

"Should I be telling everyone?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well... last night when Granddad asked 'how are the girls?' I thought to myself, does he mean 'is Marian a lesbian?'"

I think she has finally done it. My sister has sent my mother insane.
            Last edited by NZNeep; 29 June 2008, 12:29 AM.
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Hand me that list so that I can hand to my folks first... before I come out.
              lol...prepping your parents *g* I couldn't find a list though I have seen them and definitely been emailed them before.

congratulations on the engagement.

I also don't 'act gay' I just act like me perpetually and I happen to be gay...the only difference when I am in the closet is that I don't give my ex's pronouns if I want to stay in the closet.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

The conversation my sister just had with mum on the phone:

"Should I be telling everyone?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well... last night when Granddad asked 'how are the girls?' I thought to myself, does he mean 'is Marian a lesbain?'"

I think she has finally done it. My sister has sent my mother insane.
              And you're back to being the good twin...*g*
              sigpic
              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Drive by post.

Found this item from my usual feeds.

The Heterosexual Questionnaire

The Heterosexual Questionnaire was created back in 1972 to put heterosexual people in the shoes of a gay person for just a moment. Questions and assumptions made of Gays and Lesbians that are unfair, are reversed and this time asked to the straight people.

http://queersunited.blogspot.com/200...tionnaire.html

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                  Drive by post.
                  Found this item from my usual feeds.
                  http://queersunited.blogspot.com/200...tionnaire.html
                  This is really interesting. As a heterosexual woman, I think it is fair to say that I've never thought about many of these questions. And it really makes me think about the questionnaires about homosexuality that are out there differently. Some of the questions can really seem offensive, and that's to a person who is in the 'accepted mainstream' of sexuality in America.
                  I'm definitely going to use this questionnaire in my 'diversity' class.
                  I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
                  Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

Hehe...I remember having that up in the LGB(T) lounge at Uni for us all to chuckle over, it did occur to me that we needed it up in the rest of the students union though rather than in the space full of gay people.

We also had a giant Mr Men poster, Jenga and a gun that shot foam disks...yeah...our LGB(T) soceity was hardcore.
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

lol ti..... did you guys read the comments? that one dude who actually filled it out is a total idiot
                      sigpic

Comment

lol ti..... did you guys read the comments? that one dude who actually filled it out is a total idiot
                        Holy ****, I hadn't gotten that far... *snort* Hilarious!

Comment

OMG, that guy is such a freakin' moron! A major point of this is pointing out the humor of the questionnaires. Somebody obviously missed the point.
                          Something tells me that this guy isn't as secure in his sexuality as he likes to project.
                          And as the guy after him said, posting as anonymous doesn't really show he has pride in his answers
                          I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
                          Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

Again another quick post. It's more political than what I would post, but it is important.

http://gay_blog.blogspot.com/2008/08...community.html

Comment

What are the candidates' positions towards the gay community?

Comment

What century does this woman live in, for ****'s sake:

http://rodonline.typepad.com/rodonli...says-homo.html

She really needs to do some Real Research, besides the Bible before speaking.

Comment

Working...
                                X