Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've learned to use the computer by leaning from side to side, depending on where the cat is because Sammy knows how to compensate for that tactic. Dragon usually starts to dangle over the top shelf, trying to make me think he is weak with hunger I suppose. He leaves his big paws haning in front of the screen, or his big head. If he had a tail, he'd probalby dangle that too.
    sigpic

Some people have a way with words. Others not have way.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~iamdragonrider

Comment

My boys are dogs and can't sit around the pc, but they let me know when it is dinner time. I feel the piercing gaze of hungry dog from Connor and Remmington takes his head and chins my leg. He just keeps poking me until I get up. The thing is that I can't really argue with them because they are always on time.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iamdragonrider View Post
        I've learned to use the computer by leaning from side to side, depending on where the cat is because Sammy knows how to compensate for that tactic. Dragon usually starts to dangle over the top shelf, trying to make me think he is weak with hunger I suppose. He leaves his big paws haning in front of the screen, or his big head. If he had a tail, he'd probalby dangle that too.
        Since I use a laptop one of my guys jumps on chest and sits between me and the computer screen. A 14 pound cat jumps on your chest and then swish his tail in your face Do you think he trying to tell me something?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
          Since I use a laptop one of my guys jumps on chest and sits between me and the computer screen. A 14 pound cat jumps on your chest and then swish his tail in your face Do you think he trying to tell me something?
          Lol. Sammy is about 14 lbs, and Dragon 16. They don't need tails to swish lol. I try to tell them that the starving cat routing simply doesn't work. if i'm not in front of the PC, they will insert themselves on my chest between me and my book, or on the coffee table if I'm watching TV. And god forbid I want to do something that involves moving around after about 6 pm. I can just forget it, as they interpret any movement on my part as a move towards the kitchen, and it doesn't matter how many times they get stepped on they don't get it that i'm not feeding them yet.

They don't seem to realize that if they trip me, and I fall down on the stairs injuring or killing myself, they won't get fed.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iamdragonrider View Post
            Lol. Sammy is about 14 lbs, and Dragon 16. They don't need tails to swish lol. I try to tell them that the starving cat routing simply doesn't work. if i'm not in front of the PC, they will insert themselves on my chest between me and my book, or on the coffee table if I'm watching TV. And god forbid I want to do something that involves moving around after about 6 pm. I can just forget it, as they interpret any movement on my part as a move towards the kitchen, and it doesn't matter how many times they get stepped on they don't get it that i'm not feeding them yet.

They don't seem to realize that if they trip me, and I fall down on the stairs injuring or killing myself, they won't get fed.
            LOL! All they want is FOOD!!!
            sigpic

Comment

LOL! All they want is FOOD!!!

At thier size, they don't need any extra food. they seem to disagree however about being on a diet!
              sigpic

Comment

I'm baby sitting a two week old kitten. He was dumped at the shelter with his brother and sisters and he's the only one to survive. his surrogate mother is trying to nurse him but she has a litter of month old kittens to deal with also. he has no chance of nursing when the bigger guys get all the tits
                sigpic

Comment

I'm baby sitting a two week old kitten. He was dumped at the shelter with his brother and sisters and he's the only one to survive. his surrogate mother is trying to nurse him but she has a litter of month old kittens to deal with also. he has no chance of nursing when the bigger guys get all the tits
                  Oh good luck with the little one!
                  sigpic

Comment

it's official, we have adopted the stray cat thats been coming to my house for weeks now
                    my dad the big softy who made a big point of saying "no more pets" has turned round and said "well his owners obviously don't want him" when my mum suggested bring him back to their new house lol
                    vets going to be making a fortune off us when we take him
                    he needs his baby making parts sorted out - currently he walks as if whats a nice way of putting it, his up kitty sperm holders are to big for his body lol quite amusing to watch
                    treated for ear mites
                    treated for fleas
                    treated for worms
                    and his shots
                    "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

Yay for the Kitty!! Sorry for your money!!! Pets are expensive!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                        Yay for the Kitty!! Sorry for your money!!! Pets are expensive!
                        One of my work colleagues once expressed disbelief that we'd paid for our rescue dog. I explained to him that to pay much less than 200 quid for a healthy, one year old dog, who's been spayed, chipped, vax'ed, behaviour assessed and acclimatised to a home environment in a foster home, when all that had been funded originally by a charity...yeah. Paying for that by ourselves would have cost the same amount, and buying a puppy from a breeder or local family (NOT the local pet shop, which despite all its protestations is a horrid, horrid place) would have cost the same again, probably more
                        sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
                          One of my work colleagues once expressed disbelief that we'd paid for our rescue dog. I explained to him that to pay much less than 200 quid for a healthy, one year old dog, who's been spayed, chipped, vax'ed, behaviour assessed and acclimatised to a home environment in a foster home, when all that had been funded originally by a charity...yeah. Paying for that by ourselves would have cost the same amount, and buying a puppy from a breeder or local family (NOT the local pet shop, which despite all its protestations is a horrid, horrid place) would have cost the same again, probably more
                          We got our first dog by finding her on the street. She was flea ridden, no shots, pregnant and unable to sustain the pregnancy because she was starving, needed to be spayed and had worms. Talk about expensive.

Our second boy was free from a family that had oopsie pups and he still cost lots in vet bills.

Buying from a breeder is expensive too and you don't always get the vet stuff done.

Pets are worth it. Lots of people are getting the vet insurance now. Maybe I'll look into for our next little one.
                          sigpic

Comment

There is no such thing as a free pet.

My boys were free. A litter of unexpected kittens when she waited to long to get her boy and girl fixed.

After they stayed with me for a while, i noticed that when they became active, running and playing as kittens do, they'd both stop suddenly, panting, having to take a little rest in the middle of pla. I mentioned it to the vet, and we discovered both had heart murmurs. Sammy's went away on it's own, but they found a small hernia. Dragons still had a murmur at 6 months old, when it was time to neuter them.

The first vet quoted a figure, citing that Dragon would need an EKG, xray, blood work to make sure there was no major problems before anesthesia, as well as antibiotics and fluids before and after, plus and over night stay. Sammy would need a neuter plus the basic cost of a spay on top of that to repair the hernia. He wanted $1000. This after several hundred in vet visits and shots.

After a recommendation, I found a vet we all fell in love with, at a much nicer practice. A real bargain it seemed at the time, to neuter my two babies for a mere $600.

*sigh* I should have gone the route of the neuter scooter... (free, only a $75 donation) or the local shelter, but by the time they were 6 months old i was in love... and unwilling to risk something bad happening to either of them because I was cheap and didn't want to pay for some little test to make sure they were healthy enough to undergo anesthesia.

We still don't know if Dragon's heart murmur ever went away, after being neutered, he went from being anxious but cooperative (sorta) at the vets, to turning into a snarling, hissing, growling demon, rather like his namesake. (hmm... i guess he has bad memories) they have to wrap him in a towel and wear leather gauntlets, even with tranquilizer tablets given ahead of time. Sammy on the other hand, loves anyone that admires him and he purrs for the vet and eats crumbled dog treats while he gets his shots.

speaking of vets... September is time for the annual kitty exam. Oh what fun!
                            sigpic

Comment

Chilly costed me $1700 at the end. Craziness! But I know I did whatever I could do to help him.
                              sigpic

Comment

When Quincey went in to the emergency over night clinic it was $550 for 6 hours. He stayed at his regular vet's the next day and was there for 12 hours and it was only $86 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X