This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Klorel
    I have tried to plant irises. They do pretty well anywhere. And they look so nice too. No thorns!
    And they now come in such pretty colors! I love gardens! I love flowers! I love ...just about everything. The sun is shining and I have had a nice cup of tea so all is right with the world....Don't you just love spring!
    "You cannot reason with your own heart;
    it has it's own laws and beats about things
    which the intellect scorns."
    - Mark Twain -

Comment

No expert in gardening but sounds good go for it girl.
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Yes I do love spring. Everything is green and blossoming and all the little animals are coming out. *sniffs* I am so happy!!!
        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

Well I guess that's the plan then! Lavender at the corners, Yellow hedge roses around the perimeter and low growing pink inpatients around all the borders. Plenty of color, privacy and scents!!!! Thanks for the feedback everybody! As things start to go in and come up, I'll post a pics for all to see!

Now what am I going to do about these large stone containers on the front porch.....
          "You cannot reason with your own heart;
          it has it's own laws and beats about things
          which the intellect scorns."
          - Mark Twain -

Comment

That will be awsome! Thanks Sela!

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
              And they now come in such pretty colors! I love gardens! I love flowers! I love ...just about everything. The sun is shining and I have had a nice cup of tea so all is right with the world....Don't you just love spring!
              *grumble grumble* stupid ohio with it's gray and snow and cold.....I want spring!
              And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
              Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
              Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
              Daniel: Oh! You see?
              Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Well I guess that's the plan then! Lavender at the corners, Yellow hedge roses around the perimeter and low growing pink inpatients around all the borders. Plenty of color, privacy and scents!!!! Thanks for the feedback everybody! As things start to go in and come up, I'll post a pics for all to see!

Now what am I going to do about these large stone containers on the front porch.....
                That sounds great! We have lilies or daffodils planted in a similar way (the stone containers) if that helps. Personally my favorite is tulips.
                And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                Daniel: Oh! You see?
                Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Sounds great, somewhere to relax & enjoy some peace & quiet!

I've got a Magnolia (one of the smaller ones) in one of my big pots, with grape hyacinth around the bottom, so in spring I have the blue hyac's (that looks like a jaffa flower now!! Abbreviations, Kree ) & the white mag blossoms, & then the foliage in the summer (The Mag didn't like my soil when it was planted out in the garden & I nearly lost it! Containers are great for that sort of thing, as you can put the right soil etc & grow stuff you might not otherwise be able to)

Happy gardening!
                  Oy-Vey!!!

Comment

sorry, no time to read the gazillion backlog
                    but....
                    can't we talk about labour and pregnancies? I love my labour stories...
                    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Yup

Comment

Hey, Major! Do you like my sig?

Comment

Lavender sounds nice. All of mine died a couple of years when a hurricane came through. I planted some lavender seeds in a pot that was doing well by the end of the fall and I'm still waiting to see if it makes it through the winter.
                          I have some passion vines that need to come out. They reproduce so much that each year I pull out the old ones. The flowers are so pretty and unusual.
                          I love to have fresh cut flowers in the house.
                          sigpic
                          ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Sounds very pretty!!

Comment

Originally posted by Klorel
                              Hey, Major! Do you like my sig?
                              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

My defiant little daffodils started blooming today in spite of the snow. Spring is on its way!
                                sigpic
                                ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Working...
                                X