This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
    I didn't even know that <insert name of your least favourite political leader> posted here! (Drum roll; cymbal crash!)
    After a comment like that I can only assume that you're crashing the cymbal with your own head. If not, I'm more than happy to assist you with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
      Saying that you're "too important to read rules" doesn't really lend well to positive rep.
      The sig also impies carelessness, laziness, or ignorance, but most likely all those and more.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Well, I'm certainly not going to give you rep because your begging. For among other reasons, I was one of the people who was "being mean to you." Perhaps you should have read the comment.

But on to better subjects for this thread...

I AM A GOD! And I already have minions all set aside! *dance*

Comment

I just received bad reputation for posting that I wanted a season 9 in the anti-season 9 thread. I'm sorry that is just ridiculous. I know from my own experience of running and moderating online communities, that healthy debate is what fuels discussion. What is the point of a forum if everyone just agrees with each other? Giving bad reputation for such an illogical reason is no way to keep users enthusiastic about coming here.

Climate Change - The latest news and information on climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency from around the internet

Climate Change Forum - Discuss topics to do with climate change, alternative energy, global warming and energy efficiency

Comment

A Smile for Valentine's Day
            +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
            Checking out of the grocery store, I noticed that the bag boy was eyeing my two adopted children curiously. They often draw scrutiny, since my son's a blond Russian, while my daughter has shiny black Haitian skin.

The boy continued staring as he carried our groceries to the car. Finally, he asked, "Are those your kids?"

"Yes, they are!" I answered proudly.

"They adopted?" he asked.

"Yes," I replied.

"I thought so," he concluded. "I figured you're too old to have kids that small."

Happy Valentine's Day Everybody!!!!
            ===================================
            "You cannot reason with your own heart;
            it has it's own laws and beats about things
            which the intellect scorns."
            - Mark Twain -

Comment

If it's an anti season 9 thread, that means it's for anti season 9 discussion, not for "I think Season 9 is going to be fantastic" discussion. Just as there's an anti-ship thread where it is NOT GOOD MANNERS to go on there and talk about how Sam & Jack belong together. Or a PRO ship thread where you can get in serious trouble for going on there and telling everyone what utter crap it is to even CONSIDER Sam and Jack being together. There is also, as I believe it was pointed out, a PRO season 9 thread. If you wish to consider the amazing possibilities inherent in the new season, that would be the place to post your comments.

There are threads which are open to all sides of a discussion... and there are threads which are not. If they are clearly labeled, then it is only your own fault for not heeding courtesy.

Originally posted by Major Fischer
              Well, I'm certainly not going to give you rep because your begging. For among other reasons, I was one of the people who was "being mean to you." Perhaps you should have read the comment.
              Ah, but as has been mentioned several times already, we have little proof that Spiko even knows how to read and it's quite obvious that even if he can, he doesn't give a damn what's being said.

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                A Smile for Valentine's Day
                +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                Checking out of the grocery store, I noticed that the bag boy was eyeing my two adopted children curiously. They often draw scrutiny, since my son's a blond Russian, while my daughter has shiny black Haitian skin.

The boy continued staring as he carried our groceries to the car. Finally, he asked, "Are those your kids?"

"Yes, they are!" I answered proudly.

"They adopted?" he asked.

"Yes," I replied.

"I thought so," he concluded. "I figured you're too old to have kids that small."

Happy Valentine's Day Everybody!!!!
                ===================================

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of bag boys.
                *I never saw that coming*
                sigpic
                ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

I don't know if this has been asked or is posted anywhere, but do your posts in the Off-topic chatter not count towards your total amount of posts made?
                  Because mine don't seem to.
                  The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                  The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                  Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                  Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                  An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                  Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Cronus
                    I don't know if this has been asked or is posted anywhere, but do your posts in the Off-topic chatter not count towards your total amount of posts made?
                    Because mine don't seem to.
                    It's a global conspiracy against you.

And no, Offworld posts don't count because if they did, people would waste time talking about meaningless crap instead of discussing Stargate, which is the point of this board.

If you're gonna benefit from the various user tiers around here, you have to talk about the shows. Simple, diabolical, and absolutely right, IMO.

Comment

Congrats!!!!!!!! Welcome to the world of Godhood!!!!!
                      No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        It's a global conspiracy against you.

And no, Offworld posts don't count because if they did, people would waste time talking about meaningless crap instead of discussing Stargate, which is the point of this board.

If you're gonna benefit from the various user tiers around here, you have to talk about the shows. Simple, diabolical, and absolutely right, IMO.
                        Thanks, my internet keeps messing me around so I was wondering if any of my posts were actually counting.
                        The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                        The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                        Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                        Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                        An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                        Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by kashi
                          I just received bad reputation for posting that I wanted a season 9 in the anti-season 9 thread. I'm sorry that is just ridiculous. I know from my own experience of running and moderating online communities, that healthy debate is what fuels discussion. What is the point of a forum if everyone just agrees with each other? Giving bad reputation for such an illogical reason is no way to keep users enthusiastic about coming here.
                          Well, giving rep is nothing to do with the site managers, anyway. But as Shadow says, while the forum in general is a place for lively debate, the pro- and anti-threads on various subjects are set aside for casual discussion with the stated viewpoint taken as a given.
                          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Another god I have to worship? I hope you're a good one
                            Signed,

Gregorius
                            Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                            Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius
                              Another god I have to worship? I hope you're a good one
                              She certainly seems well-prepared.
                              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
                                Didn't you hear? I chipped a nail and since someone

*glares at Sela*

broke my sarcophagus I can't get it fixed. Now I have to return to the methods of old and use a hammer.
                                I *could* try the old MacGyver routine and fix it with a piece of string and some chewing gum....

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                                Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                                ~CELLO!~
                                ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Working...
                                X