This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nathanaus
    Well see there you go then. I don't see it listed so I assumed it's not on.

Wow I was wrong again, this is getting to be a habit.
    This post got me a red dot from someone known only as "A".

Me declaring I was wrong must really annoy some people I'll try harder not to be wrong so people wont be upset by it. I promise.

Comment

Hey there!

Just popping in to chill out...I've just had my first exam

Here's hoping it went all right!!!!!!

For the record

I only give out red rep if someone openly attacks another user or another group. I don't red rep for differing opinions.

Just thought I'd say that
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

That's a good reason suekay so what subject was the exam
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

English. I failed last year by three marks so it's a resit. I really should be studying, but I can't face it...I think my nerves are officially shattered.
          sigpic

Comment

Is that GCSE or A-Level English, I know the feeling 7 years of education I never got the hung of exams they were my worst nightmare.

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Higher - It's the Scottish Equivalent ot A Level. Twice as hard and worth half as much to the Universities
              sigpic

Comment

Good luck on the exam!

I never give out red point thingies. If someone annoys me THAT much then I've obviously got "too much forum" syndrome

If people give me red pips thats okay, not like I live and die for them.

Originally posted by sueKay
                Hey there!

Just popping in to chill out...I've just had my first exam

Here's hoping it went all right!!!!!!

For the record

I only give out red rep if someone openly attacks another user or another group. I don't red rep for differing opinions.

Just thought I'd say that

Comment

I never minded oral exams so much though - always found something to prattle on about... ;-)

Comment

I haven't had an oral exam in two years since I dropped German as a subject.

You could count my singing exam as an oral exam though.

Yup..believe it or not I can sing!
                    sigpic

Comment

Higher - It's the Scottish Equivalent ot A Level. Twice as hard and worth half as much to the Universities
                      Well I reset my GCSE English when I was at collage lucky I passed it second time around it will also have great impact on when your applying for jobs employees look for pass in English and Maths. If you think this is bad you wait until you get to university the exams are a lot harder. But keep working on it the result of getting a good grade will help you in the long run.

Comment

Exams, I'll be having those in a few months as well Good luck to you SueKay.
                        Signed,

Gregorius
                        Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                        Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
                          I never minded oral exams so much though - always found something to prattle on about... ;-)
                          ...like your taste in shoes? *looks perfectly innocent*

I didn't like oral exams at school, I preferred to waffle on about stuff in writing... at least nobody can talk back in writing.

So good luck to everyone having to sit exams! (I'm done with that stuff - I'll only have to defend my (unfinished as yet) thesis at one point, but apart from that *I'm* having students sit for exams! *insert evil maniac laughter here*

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                          Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                          ~CELLO!~
                          ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Yup..believe it or not I can sing!
                            Well I wouldn't have believed it if you hadn't said it.

My last oral exam was 8 years ago. Geez, I'm old!

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra
                              ...like your taste in shoes? *looks perfectly innocent*
                              ROFL! Yes, exactly.

I remember the oral exam for economics. My professor would start every question with "If Helmut Kohl called you and asked ...". After a while I was so frustrated that I snarked that Germany would be in a very bad state if I was our chancellor's only advisor and if he didn't have highly paid people to answer those questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
                                ROFL! Yes, exactly.

I remember the oral exam for economics. My professor would start every question with "If Helmut Kohl called you and asked ...". After a while I was so frustrated that I snarked that Germany would be in a very bad state if I was our chancellor's only advisor and if he didn't have highly paid people to answer those questions.
                                I *could* say something nasty about Helmut Kohl now... which I actually did in my oral exam on politics....luckily, my teacher belonged to "the other party".

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                                Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                                ~CELLO!~
                                ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Working...
                                X