Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone, I wanted to actually check in here during hours when people are online...finals are approaching so me being on here at night could have bad results!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
      lol, my fav is always easy: "BUT WHY IS THE RUM GONE?!"
      I love the way he says it and the look on his face when he says it...
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Johny Depp has a way of doing a really awesome job playing really unusual characters. I watched "Finding Neverland" the other day and really enjoy the film. Not as many funny quotes though! He's going to be the next Willy Wonka!
        sigpic

Comment

EL, MY favorite Pirates quote is the one currently residing in your sig. Yup, I'm a shameless English major. Though I also love the line "I'm terribly sorry, I didn't know. If I see one, I shall inform you immediately ."

Oh, and then there's the fight...

"You cheated."
          "Pirate!"

Oh, great movie. And the music is gorgeous too. Though the Apprentice theme song always reminds me of it .

Comment

That is my favourite Pirates quote too... the one I had to dig up... the one that cracks me up everytime I hear it... I'm not just an English major... I'm also an English language teacher... the grammatical part gets me every single time.

I haven't had much time to browse the forum lately but after what I just saw... it's probably just as well.
            I don't understand why some people feel like they have to share all their innermost thoughts with the whole wide world and they have to use such choice vocabulary. OK... there are a lot of things we don't like but why be rude about it. Good grief! I am so tired of people who want to enjoy free speech without giving much thought to the consequences of what they are saying.
            I know that Stargate is in hiatus at present and everyone is a tad antsy... but there isn't any need to start threads that are veiled attempts to provoke reaction and stir the pot.
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Drama, drama, drama...

Totally agree on the grammar thing; I drive my family and friends NUTS telling them they ended sentences with prepositions, all because of Jack .
              Last edited by yasureubetcha; 26 April 2005, 10:13 PM.

Comment

After ten months on GateWorld, I finally recieved my first red reputation point - unsigned, of course. But I have an idea. *giggle* Accompanied by bad German, this what it said in the commentary:

"Das ist nicht wahr! Du bist ein schadenfreunde!! You're obviously a friend of [forum member] and your bias shows. You made a good point, but please understand, [forum member] is a hostile entity who shows continual disrespect for others."

No, I'm not a friend of said forum member. I don't even know said forum member very well. Anyway, my first red rep felt pretty special.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                  "Das ist nicht wahr! Du bist ein schadenfreunde!!
                  You know, if at least I could figure out what schadenfreunde was supposed to mean. Schadenfreude (gloating)? Doesn't make much sense either.

Have to admit that I'm pretty sick of being accused of bias. Granted, I can be persuaded to keep a blind eye with chocolate or RDA pics but the thread I removed yesterday was clearly breaking forum rules and that was the only reason I removed it.

Comment

((Feli)) ...what is just to bad is when a person like that makes a thread like that...it shows they have been blaming others for any and all they can. So when you are doing your job they of course cry foul. How are they going to get out their warped message of how the world is persecuting them? Troglite anyone?

People like that remind of the type of *Bad Guy* that scares me the most in RL. They have no remorse for doing the things they do...they just are mad they got caught. They take NO responsibilty for what they do and say...it is ALWAYS *Because of So&So OR because this happened* they never step up and say ...Hey maybe I am the problem and people don't like what I am doing. ...No they never do that
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                      After ten months on GateWorld, I finally recieved my first red reputation point - unsigned, of course.
                      One red rep? If I were you I'd wear it with pride. It shows you've "arrived".

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                        I didn't initially either... but I've switched it off for a few weeks now and I'm a lot less frustrated. I got a little weary of scrolling through pages of posts with large sigs and very little content. Occasionally I turn it back on to see what's new but otherwise... it's usually off...
                        With broadband I don't have a problem with the big sigs. And no, I am not gloating, I am just feeling like fate smiled on me for once in terms of internet access in my location. But I can easily see how viewing them would be a problem for those with dial-up, which I used to have once upon a time and was glad to shed. As a visual person (big surprise there, I know ) I would really miss seeing the sigs people create. Some are so expressive and really give insight into the poster's personality. Others are, well...interesting. They only add to my overall GW experience, not detract.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                          ((Feli)) ...what is just to bad is when a person like that makes a thread like that...it shows they have been blaming others for any and all they can. So when you are doing your job they of course cry foul.
                          Blaming others for your mistakes is so much easier than accepting you're at fault. And God forbid someone else dare tell you that it's your fault - just look at the red reps posters have been getting for that.

A discussion of whether or not the mods are biased is actually something we'd welcome. But it should be founded on something more substantial than one poster's outrage at being rightfully modded.

But on to the universe and everything - in other words RDA and chocolate. Anyone have some?

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
                            But on to the universe and everything - in other words RDA and chocolate. Anyone have some?
                            There is always some chocolate here., Feli.

Comment

I have no RDA (that I am willing to part with at this time), but I can offer you a ChocoDanny, if that will help.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...hocoDanny3.jpg

Comment

and there is RDA both here (look down in my sig) and Here
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X