This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Clanger
    I can NOT believe that I missed a thread mentioning those two words in the same post, let alone sentence!!

*cries copious tears and gets dangerously close to becoming a Squonk*

ah, that should sort out the old fogies from the young 'uns.
    Okay, I admit am an old fogie and know what copious tears are, but what is a Squonk?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra
      Reading his fics make me seriously contemplating offering my beta skills...

Roberts? *cute* I quite like Merlyn, she's so...different.
      why? because his beta is so off the ball?
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

I'm quite sure that Mr.P is not a follower of mine. But we do go back a long way, and not just here...
        Ah, pray tell...you've made me curious now!

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
        Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
        ~CELLO!~
        ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

why? because his beta is so off the ball?
          Naaah....what do you think of me??? Because I think he doesn't need that much beta'ing! (Gosh, I mistyped and wrote "beating" first! )

~CELLO!~

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
            Okay, I admit am an old fogie and know what copious tears are, but what is a Squonk?
            A mythical creature who was a bit nasty so didn't have any friends. He cried so much that he drowned in his own tears.

And a fantastic song by Genesis (hence the mention of old fogies) on their Trick of the Tail album. I love it.

ETA: since I never pass up a chance to pimp h2g2, here is the h2g2 entry on Squonks

Oh, and also my dear departed lop-eared rabbit (named after the song) who famously (in our family) frightened my German shepherd so much, that walking him was a disaster. Given his already pathetic aversion to sheep (go figure) his fear of rabbits made going for walks something we had to do in the dark with home-made dog-blinkers on him.
            Last edited by Major Clanger; 06 February 2005, 12:16 PM.

sigpic

Comment

It had better not be SG-7....
              Thank god, no. This was only about 12 pages of the first stanza of The Ballad of Louise Stillwell and I have it in rough form in a note book, but...I don't write a lot of first person and I'd made a lot of changes in typing it up. I was going to send it up yesterday and I discovered that I'd saved my latest over it. That only runs to about nine pages and I'll send it up tonight.

2) you are NOT my friend. I thought you were my internet toyboy... oh well, I can live and dream.

We can't be both? I feel so used.
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Naaah....what do you think of me??? Because I think he doesn't need that much beta'ing! (Gosh, I mistyped and wrote "beating" first! )
                well, I could say that he hardly gets a page out without huge input from me - but that would be a blatant and big fat lie, so I won't.

Indeedy, it is just as well that betas don't get paid by their input, because I'd be a poor starving wretch by now.

yeesh, I'm supposed to be ironing!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                  Thank god, no. This was only about 12 pages of the first stanza of The Ballad of Louise Stillwell and I have it in rough form in a note book, but...I don't write a lot of first person and I'd made a lot of changes in typing it up. I was going to send it up yesterday and I discovered that I'd saved my latest over it. That only runs to about nine pages and I'll send it up tonight.
                  eek, I'd better get my skates on with the others... (but then... I don't like first person stuff, so expect a long wait)

Originally posted by mr prophet
                  We can't be both? I feel so used.
                  Oh, sure we can be both. I just want to make it quite clear that you are the toboy first and the friend (a close) second... if that's ok with you. (I wonder you have the time, anyway, plaything of the aging droolers that you are!!!)

Oh, and where's Monsieur Roberts then???

sigpic

Comment

well, I could say that he hardly gets a page out without huge input from me - but that would be a blatant and big fat lie, so I won't.

Indeedy, it is just as well that betas don't get paid by their input, because I'd be a poor starving wretch by now.

yeesh, I'm supposed to be ironing!
                    Ironing? NOW???

So are you the mysterious Sho? (I might be too curious for my own good...)

~CELLO!~

Comment

And a fantastic song by Genesis (hence the mention of old fogies) on their Trick of the Tail album. I love it.
                      You do realise that makes you sound awfully old among the youngsters around here? (I've got the complete Genesis collection as *records* (yes, tha large black things) at home....

~CELLO!~

Comment

eek, I'd better get my skates on with the others... (but then... I don't like first person stuff, so expect a long wait)
                        The latest may be a little delayed. One of the characters just inconsiderately mutated into Major Davis' evil half-brother and I need to either remove the connection or explore it a little more.

Oh, and where's Monsieur Roberts then???
                        Half-way between Shayara and a point in deep space in an experimental craft with an experimental hyperdrive; Welcome to the Lake is ETA about a fortnight but it was one of the last SG-7 fics to be planned. The next few should be quicker to write.

Oh, and I realised just today that Reckoning: Part 2 contains a blatant knock-off of the Alexa Rasputin scenes in The Dark Places. Once more, the PTB steal my ideas!
                        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Yes.

Nothing personal; I'm just trying to cheer myself up after accidentally deleting an entire fanfic.
                          Sorry to hear you've lost a fic!

See!? I'm not only nice, I'm sympathetic as well!

I might. Well...except that Major Clanger has appalling taste in friends. She likes me, after all.
                          Pah. Is that what she told you? And you believed her?

Comment

Ironing? NOW???

So are you the mysterious Sho? (I might be too curious for my own good...)
                            that's meeee...
                            nothing mysterious about it... except for the mystery of how I met Mr.P

sigpic

Comment

OH DRAT! I take it all back... I see I have 4 squares...

OK, reference for Feli:

to Whom it may Concern: Feli is a warm and wonderful person in Real Life as well as here in the Virtual Cess Pit.

Not only is she charming and friendly, The Gruesome Twosome adore her. And Mr. Feli. Actually, Mr. Feli more on account of his muffins.

er... that's it.

(I'm expecting rep for that, missy!!)
                              Rep's been dutifully sent. I can't believe the promise of more muffins was all it took...

Btw, have the gruesomes gotten over the fact that hubs didn't bring any muffins last time we met?

Comment

that's meeee...
                                nothing mysterious about it... except for the mystery of how I met Mr.P
                                wow, I'm utterly impressed...you beta'd ALL his fic??? Now how did you two meet? And what does Sho mean? And Why am I so darned curious?

~CELLO!~

Comment

Working...
                                X