This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by graculus
    Wouldn't someone have to have another username and build up enough rep points to be able to matter to do that?

The person who hit me took something like 22 points. So even though it was a random old post, I'd lay odds it was because I said I liked Sam/Pete in another thread. I just brought it up here because I was wondering if it was dinger sniping again.

Later,
    Graculus
    well as one of the *Token* shippers...I will say *Most* of us DON'T ding for that reason So I am sorry you did get dinged for that

((((((((((hugs))))))))

I personally need a week of therapy for any *red* I give out....so no one has to worry about me... I LIKE people to have differing opinions
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Tame, did you see I made heart-shaped biscuits for shippers of all sorts?

And, please pass the Baileys - my Jamaican Coffee could use some touching up...

Later,
      Graculus

Comment

*watching everyone eat as his remark goes unnoticed*

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
          My thoughts are that if you can't own up to giving a neg rep and a reason, then you offer nothing to no one. IMO, naturally.
          While I'd prefer to know who gave me a negative rep, it seems to me that the logic is that if you ding someone and then they ding you back - it's a wash. The person you dinged probably doesn't care what you think, and you've succeeded in lowering the rep-value of your own opinion. In those terms it would be pointless to bother with rep at all.

On the other hand, if someone receives an anonymous dinger, it might encourage them to go back and see if they said anything that could be construed as offensive. If the retaliation impulse is taken out of the picture, the person dinged might move on to consider making amends.

It's also very nice to know the mods occasionally step in to prevent meaningless sniping. That provides hope for justice when retaliation-as-self-defense is prevented.

Later,
          Graculus

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
            *watching everyone eat as his remark goes unnoticed*
            Didn't you get some cake? Here, take half of mine! It has cream cheese frosting...

Later,
            Graculus

Comment

Two people, perhaps three, have been spotted signing other people's names to red rep points. Darren altered their rep tallies manually to put them on a level where they couldn't give rep any more.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                Two people, perhaps three, have been spotted signing other people's names to red rep points. Darren altered their rep tallies manually to put them on a level where they couldn't give rep any more.
                Thanks for the infromation, Madeleine W.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                  Yeah, Thanks Madeleine. So you can spot red reppers?
                  TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Yes, the moderators have the ability to see who is giving rep points.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                      Yeah, Thanks Madeleine. So you can spot red reppers?
                      The moderators see all, know all and have extraordinary animal magnetism besides.
                      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                        Yes, the moderators have the ability to see who is giving rep points.

Mods have many powers. They can see everything.

How'd the party go .. after catching up it seems there isn't much left. *takes crumbs*
                        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                          MC....who ARE those incredibly handsome young men in your signature
                          on the right, the one, the only Captain Scarlet (he's indestructable) and on the left,... some other guy. Lieutenant Blue (and since he's British, he's Lef-tenant)

Scarlet is based, apparently, on Cary Grant, and the show is made by none other than Gerry Anderson (of, mightily inferior I have to say, Thunderbirds)

*wonders about starting a Captain Scarlet Thunk Thread*
                          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                            The moderators see all, know all and have extraordinary animal magnetism besides.
                            besides being incredibly gorgeous to boot.
                            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                              on the right, the one, the only Captain Scarlet (he's indestructable) and on the left,... some other guy. Lieutenant Blue (and since he's British, he's Lef-tenant).
                              I find your lack of geek disturbing.

Captain Scarlet (Paul Metcalf, to his friends) may be British, but his buddy Adam Svensen is as American as apple pie (voiced by Ed Bishop) and is, besides, Captain Blue. There was only one Lieutenant in Spectrum - or on Cloud Base anyway - and that was Lt. Green (aka Seymour Griffiths).
                              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                                on the right, the one, the only Captain Scarlet (he's indestructable) and on the left,... some other guy. Lieutenant Blue (and since he's British, he's Lef-tenant)

Scarlet is based, apparently, on Cary Grant, and the show is made by none other than Gerry Anderson (of, mightily inferior I have to say, Thunderbirds)

*wonders about starting a Captain Scarlet Thunk Thread*
                                You know old stuff, and i think these are from a tv show, but what are Domo-kuns?

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Working...
                                X