X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the chaos theory?
    MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
    I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

I got a red one for this:
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...073#post247073

I can't figure out whether it was for using up space with a spurious ROTFL or whether it was an issue of ship politics.

Later,
      Graculus

Comment

Chaos Theory - random events tend toward larger patterns.

Later,
        Graculus

Comment

Originally posted by graculus
          I was dinged for asking whether Vala could be related to Aris Boch's people here:
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...669#post245669

I'm still wondering what the issue was, lol...

Later,
          Graculus
          Don't feel too bad, I got dinged in the Astronomy Thread for this post.

I really can't find anything offensive about what I wrote, but to me, it's no big deal. Reputation is just a number, as I look at it.
          Last edited by TechnoWraith; 31 December 2004, 12:56 PM.

Comment

I'd just like to take a moment to say ..

!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend and a great new, fun-fulfilled new year.
            __

__

Comment

There is a mysterous red dinger on this forum who dings for no reasons at all. I know he has been lurking since Christmas.

Comment

There was also the sniper attacking all the shippers a while back. And I think there have been a couple of other red waves, too.

Comment

Dinging Technowraith for declaring a love of astronomy is pretty senseless... IMHO, of course: no offense to the senseless people.

Later,
                  Graculus

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    There was also the sniper attacking all the shippers a while back. And I think there have been a couple of other red waves, too.

There seems to be always one. But there was the Christmas dinger too .. for some very stupid, senseless reason.
                    __

__

Comment

I thought the red thing was just for Christmas. If it's a regular option, what's the difference between gray and red?

Later,
                      Graculus

Comment

I got a grey for this one:
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...770#post248770

Guess someone doesn't like pirate humor.

Later,
                        Graculus

Comment

Gray means a newbie tried to grant rep and s/he was too new for the point to count. Unless the person says one way or the other, it's hard to know if it was meant to be red or green.

And no, it won't switch color once the person has been around for a while. rep points stay the color they are forever.

Comment

Yarr!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Gray means a newbie tried to grant rep and s/he was too new for the point to count. Unless the person says one way or the other, it's hard to know if it was meant to be red or green.
                              That's interesting. Wow, the two gray ones might not even be dings.

I wonder if there's good will credit: for having an aggregate count of handing out more green than red.

Later,
                              Graculus

Comment

Would be nice if it happened that way. Might encourage a bit more friendly feeling around the place.
                                "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                                it has it's own laws and beats about things
                                which the intellect scorns."
                                - Mark Twain -

Comment

Working...
                                X