This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
    Just when you get the layout down, they will add another terminal or something.

Have fun.
    Yeah, when I was looking for Nutty at O'Hare, I swear they moved United Airlines. I always fly it and it was in a different place...I think.
    Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut View Post
      Yep. Here I am at Stevens International for the 3rd time in as many weeks I may yet figure out the layout of this place. Sorry guys...I'm only going to Nome this time, and I am probably going to be out of touch until around the 20th of the month--be safe, enjoy good health and have fun

@ Nola--good to hear your dog is still in good health I don't know what I would do without my mutts
      Nutty,
      Have a good trip. I hope that ship job that you want comes through. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
        Yeah, when I was looking for Nutty at O'Hare, I swear they moved United Airlines. I always fly it and it was in a different place...I think.
        I once flew out of our local airport and the gate information said a location and then "bus", which struck me as a little odd. Since I'm a super paranoid freaky traveller () in any event I was to the "bus" gate location in plenty of time. Yeah, it was at least a half hour bus ride from the terminal out to a temporary terminal.

Needless to say, there were about 10 people that didn't make that flight because they didn't head to the gate location early enough - not expecting to have to travel any further no doubt. Of course, we then had to wait while their bags were pulled by security.
        sigpic
        Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
          huh, yeah, I was flying United in and out of Chicago, and when I came from St Louis I was on a tiny plane and landed at the F gates, and then wandered literally a mile or so to the C gates to catch the plane to San Fran... Luckily they'd snuck me on an earlier flight otherwise I would have been running As it was it was perfect meandering time

Pets are very special. I can't even comprehend the sort of person who abandons their pet, or treats the cruelly
          My kittens have been having fun with their collars They didn't manage to lose them yesterday, but we'll see about today.... Should be a fun weekend 0- they're forecasting a huge winter storm! We had hail, thunder and lightening last night, and they're talking galeforce winds, with some snow possible by me Just as well I have lots of TV to catch up on! (altho it's disturbing how easy it is to flick thru them).

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut View Post
            Yep. Here I am at Stevens International for the 3rd time in as many weeks I may yet figure out the layout of this place. Sorry guys...I'm only going to Nome this time, and I am probably going to be out of touch until around the 20th of the month--be safe, enjoy good health and have fun
            Safe travels, Nutty.
            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              My 14 year old "baby" yorkie went to the vet today. $313.78 later, she's pretty much okay for such an old dog. They did a lotof blood work and tests.
              Hey, that's what I do at work. Bloodwork, xrays...ooo, i finally got my radiation badge at work today! It's only been...3, 4 weeks since I started?
              gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
                I once flew out of our local airport and the gate information said a location and then "bus", which struck me as a little odd. Since I'm a super paranoid freaky traveller () in any event I was to the "bus" gate location in plenty of time. Yeah, it was at least a half hour bus ride from the terminal out to a temporary terminal.

Needless to say, there were about 10 people that didn't make that flight because they didn't head to the gate location early enough - not expecting to have to travel any further no doubt. Of course, we then had to wait while their bags were pulled by security.
                Is that what I am?! Because I would have done the same thing

Adrianne
                If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
                  huh, yeah, I was flying United in and out of Chicago, and when I came from St Louis I was on a tiny plane and landed at the F gates, and then wandered literally a mile or so to the C gates to catch the plane to San Fran... Luckily they'd snuck me on an earlier flight otherwise I would have been running As it was it was perfect meandering time
                  Apparently, when my friend travels he spends HOURS in layover at airports ... Like, he'll leave here at 5 in the morning and not get to Florida until 1 pm or something. You could have driven there in less time I swear, he must spend hours in layover. Regardless, given how flights are easily missed because of the time between gates and what have you ... I can respect this hours between flights

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
                  Pets are very special. I can't even comprehend the sort of person who abandons their pet, or treats the cruelly
                  My kittens have been having fun with their collars They didn't manage to lose them yesterday, but we'll see about today.... Should be a fun weekend 0- they're forecasting a huge winter storm! We had hail, thunder and lightening last night, and they're talking galeforce winds, with some snow possible by me Just as well I have lots of TV to catch up on! (altho it's disturbing how easy it is to flick thru them).
                  I can't comprehend someone abusing a child in anyway I just cannot.

So weird that you're talking snow! and a huge winter storm!!!

Adrianne
                  If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by gatehorse View Post
                    Hey, that's what I do at work. Bloodwork, xrays...ooo, i finally got my radiation badge at work today! It's only been...3, 4 weeks since I started?
                    How do you do bloodwork? And xrays? :unsure:

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP View Post
                      How do you do bloodwork? And xrays? :unsure:

Adrianne
                      Machines. We actually use mini versions of the blood tubes we have at school to collect the blood. Some of the blood gets spun down in a centrifuge, and we use the serum, and for some machines we use whole blood. Or for a snap test, we mix a few drops of blood with a special solution, snap the test, wait 10 minutes, and then we see that it's positive or negative for things like heartworm. And we have a few other cool gadgets. I actually watched someone type a dog's blood the other day. I wonder what blood type Tucker is....

Oh, and the new x-ray machine is very cool! The images show up instantly, so you know if it's a good picture or not. It's all computerized.

Ridiculous story from a couple of days ago....family brings in a maggot dog and tells us their dog has been missing for 2 months, but they've found him. Until we tell them that "he" is a "she." And I hate maggot dogs, by the way. I feel like they're crawling all over me...
                      gatehorse

Comment

Originally posted by gatehorse View Post
                        Machines. We actually use mini versions of the blood tubes we have at school to collect the blood. Some of the blood gets spun down in a centrifuge, and we use the serum, and for some machines we use whole blood. Or for a snap test, we mix a few drops of blood with a special solution, snap the test, wait 10 minutes, and then we see that it's positive or negative for things like heartworm. And we have a few other cool gadgets. I actually watched someone type a dog's blood the other day. I wonder what blood type Tucker is....

Oh, and the new x-ray machine is very cool! The images show up instantly, so you know if it's a good picture or not. It's all computerized.

Ridiculous story from a couple of days ago....family brings in a maggot dog and tells us their dog has been missing for 2 months, but they've found him. Until we tell them that "he" is a "she." And I hate maggot dogs, by the way. I feel like they're crawling all over me...
                        Oo so you're not taking the blood, you're testing it?
                        Geez, I wonder why you would feel a maggot dog would be crawling all over you ... perhaps they're name?!

Did I tell you about the paper that I couldn't hand it because my printer broke, therefore I emailed it to the teacher in hopes that she would still accept it!? Well, I ended up getting a 95 on it, and today I got a breakdown of the paper. The teacher noted, "Well written -- you are a good writer!" ::Giddy:: So happy

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

a maggot dog is a dog with maggots - usually because of hair mats with underlying sores. My youngest daughter was a vet tech for many years and had horror stories to tell.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            a maggot dog is a dog with maggots - usually because of hair mats with underlying sores. My youngest daughter was a vet tech for many years and had horror stories to tell.
                            Yeah, I Googled "maggot dog" as I never heard of this "bred" ... I didn't find anything on a new bred of dog I never heard of. Only about maggot infestations in dogs

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP View Post
                              Oo so you're not taking the blood, you're testing it?
                              Geez, I wonder why you would feel a maggot dog would be crawling all over you ... perhaps they're name?!

Did I tell you about the paper that I couldn't hand it because my printer broke, therefore I emailed it to the teacher in hopes that she would still accept it!? Well, I ended up getting a 95 on it, and today I got a breakdown of the paper. The teacher noted, "Well written -- you are a good writer!" ::Giddy:: So happy

Adrianne
                              I'm not taking the blood yet, but hopefully I will get to by the end of the summer.
                              Lol, I should have said dog with maggots..and it's the maggots that give you the crawly feeling, not the dog. Apparently, medical maggots are used in human medicine because they only eat dead flesh and leave the healthy flesh alone.
                              We have a maggoty cat that came in the other day. It looks really funny because they shaved its entire hind end. So it kind of looks like a small, black, really smelly lion.

Yay, congratulations!
                              gatehorse

Comment

Let's not talk of dogs and maggots.

Let's talk BATS.

"The Dark Knight" is coming to theaters next week and I may be in it.

Actually, from the trailers, I know I'm in it already, in the crowd scene where the police scatter. I can't even find myself in that scene, but I'm there and so is Pyewackett. The first day, I did for charity. They asked us back. I was there 2 days, 13 hours each day. I was asked to do more, but I couldn't take off more work.

If you are interested, look for me in the crowd during a memorial service outside and in front of Chicago/Gotham City's Board of Trade. I'm wearing a brown leather jacket, black slacks and a brown floral top. I have blonde hair and my hair is down:

1) Holding a green umbrella in the rain and behind crowd control barriers.

2) On the sidewalk watching.

3) Ducking bullets in a paved alley with some Gotham City policeman and a cute tall guy.

You can also find me as a pedestrian near a car chase. I'm wearing jeans. a blue v-neck sweater and the brown jacket. My hair is in a pony tail.

1) Witnessing someone getting arrested after a car crash. Bruce Wayne and his Lamborghini are there.

2) Walking on the sidewalk during the car chase.

I have no idea what is going to end up on the screen. They were using multiple cameras from many angles and heights. We couldn't even see all of them. I hope the ducking bullets scene is a close-up. One of the Gotham cops thought they were focusing on us. The Director, Christopher Nolan came over and told us (as a group) that we did a good job. And no, I didn't have any lines. I was just a paid extra. I did have to do some talking which looks like I had lines, but you won't hear them.

Most likely you'll see me in the background of that arrest after the crash. The make-up lady kept correcting the hang of my necklace and the jacket of a guy in front of me. We and Pyewacket are moving in the background of that scene and I'm questioned by a Gotham police Officer.

By the way, many of the Gotham Police were real Chicago Police Officers. They were many of the ones in the Memorial Service. The others were actors.

By the way, it's interesting that this spell check has "Gotham" and "Lamborghini" in it, but not "blonde".
                                Last edited by Hatusu; 07 July 2008, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X