This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
    That's good to know. Do you know which one he has?
    We use Verizon. It's a Casio GZ-One
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      We use Verizon. It's a Casio GZ-One
      I use Verizon, too. Thanks.
      Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

You wouldn't believe the discussion going on on my archeology thread. I think I should offer credit. I'm going to have to study to keep up with these guys.
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=7835&page=16

Comment

It's amazing how many really well-educated folks are members of GW. There are a lot of idiots too, but that comes with the internet territory. I did a bit of archeology studies in my undergrad days, but nothing on Egypt.
          sigpic

Comment

It's amazing how many really well-educated folks are members of GW. There are a lot of idiots too, but that comes with the internet territory. I did a bit of archeology studies in my undergrad days, but nothing on Egypt.
            What did you study?

I did, too. Mostly anthropology. I got to work on one Native American dig which showed me I really dislike digs. I was just hot, dirty and very uncomfortable. I've studied a lot of Egyptian and some Greek and Roman on my own. I think I have to look more at the Sumerian people.

Comment

My major was history, minor was anthropology/archeology. Have to agree with you about digs - hot, dirty, inconvenient, and uncomfortable. I think i'd rather work in the lab with the artifacts *after* they come in - hehehe. Got to see a lot of great rock art though.
              sigpic

Comment

My major was history, minor was anthropology/archeology. Have to agree with you about digs - hot, dirty, inconvenient, and uncomfortable. I think i'd rather work in the lab with the artifacts *after* they come in - hehehe. Got to see a lot of great rock art though.
                What kind of rock art?

I love to vacation where there are archaeological sites, Egypt, Ireland, Mexico, Ecuador, Italy and even Canada. Let me climb around a pyramid or explore a tomb. The beach is not for me!

Comment

Native American cave paintings kind of rock art. Somewhere I have an album of photos I took of several of the caves we went to. As hard as it was getting up into them, I would hope that the river was higher back then since people were living there. This was near Del Rio, Texas - just accross from the Mexican border.
                  sigpic

Comment

What kind of rock art?

I love to vacation where there are archaeological sites, Egypt, Ireland, Mexico, Ecuador, Italy and even Canada. Let me climb around a pyramid or explore a tomb. The beach is not for me!
                    We have pyramids?
                    sigpic
                    Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Yes, on one of your bills ... with the all-seeing eye!
                      Signed,

Gregorius
                      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
                        We have pyramids?
                        You've never heard of the Pyramids of the Great White North?
                        sigpic

Comment

My cell phone service contract is up. I can order a fancy new phone and re-enlist for 2 years, but what phone? Has anyone tried any of the navigater phones? Are they worth it? It would be nice not to have to buy a Garmin for turn-by-turn directions.
                          My mom has a navigator phone, and I like it (she's technologically challanged and can't figure it out most of the time), but the navigation is $10/month. Just remember that if you buy a regular GPS, you don't pay any fees after buying the system, so it may be worth it if you'll have it for a long time. We use verizon by the way.
                          gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                            C'mon Greg, you know you were wacko before Tame and Meimei started hugging you.
                            They did this to me!

Originally posted by Jafana View Post
                            *bows to tame*
                            Some things never change...

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                            You must have been gone a long time. I don't know about minor godhood, but she seems to be recruting for the benevolent overladyship. I've landed the Chair of Theoretical Torture; which is nice.
                            And now she has that power ... Tame, where's your theoretical torturer?
                            Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                              I did not forget ...... I just decided NOT to hug you and Nutty because..... well to be quite honest I hug you all the time and you scoff at my hugs

you douse these fine people with all sorts of icky substances and then you beat each other with fish parts.

Its not about *learning anything*...it was about NOT being appreciated ....so there
                              It seems Tame has regressed since then in her attitude.
                              Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                                They did this to me!
                                Some things never change...
                                And now she has that power ... Tame, where's your theoretical torturer?
                                Mr Prophet has taught all he knows to another and I keep him a secret so no one knows just when...they will be ..*Theoretically tortured*

MeiMei and I take great pride in the fact...we have corrupted you
                                Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                                It seems Tame has regressed since then in her attitude.
                                Pishaw..... I have become more *Enlightened* don't you read my GW Blog
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X