Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds very attention-intensive. Gotta move this, gotta get that, gotta put this over here, gotta keep these people from doing something bad, etc. And if you leave it alone too long things get messy. No thanks. I'll stick to Myst and its sequels. Still addictive and attention-intensive, but you can solve things at your own pace and disaster does not ensue if you fail to play for X amount of time.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
      Snurching that smilie.

I have no idea what Ikariam is. It's probably better that I don't. Although from what you've been saying it soulds a lot like Civilization and those kinds of games and I've always detested those.
      I think it's advertised on another board I'm on. I have clicked on the link because it looks like something I'd be interested in but you have to sign up to play and I'm too lazy.

From the sounds of it this laziness is a good thing and I'd be totally addicted to it if I did play -- except I like games that you can walk away from Virtual Villagers 1 and 2 is just ADDICTIVE for me. I need to stay away ::Twitch::

Adrianne
      If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
      It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        You never know. You're so totally kewl it could happen.
        Is this really Shadow, or another imposter?
        Last edited by Hatusu; 17 April 2008, 08:22 PM.
        Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

It sounds very attention-intensive. Gotta move this, gotta get that, gotta put this over here, gotta keep these people from doing something bad, etc. And if you leave it alone too long things get messy. No thanks. I'll stick to Myst and its sequels. Still addictive and attention-intensive, but you can solve things at your own pace and disaster does not ensue if you fail to play for X amount of time.
          That's all true except for the evil fun pillaging part. Mostly, I just check my town once and day and build a new building, or trade some goods, but sometimes it gets exciting. When I first signed on, a bunch of people sent me presents via cargo ship. I love presents.
          Last edited by Hatusu; 17 April 2008, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
            Is this really Shadow, or an imposter?
            Must be me because if I were an imposter my guts would be decorating the walls about now.

Comment

You never know. You're so totally kewl it could happen.
              Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
              Is this really Shadow, or another imposter?
              I'd say that Shadow is the one with the stick.
              sigpic
              Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

I have a bunch of co-workers playing this game called *Second-Life*.... I looked over the site...but am not to sure I have the time, the energy OR the inclination to get involved in it...I KNOW I don't want to get into the games DJF et al are into....It seems extremely time consuming when I read all the LJs and what is going on

Hats...You will always be an *Original* in my book

Shadow... no one...and I mean no one is foolish enough to try to pass themselves off as you ...they wouldn't have the stomach to just strike fear the way you do
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Must be me because if I were an imposter my guts would be decorating the walls about now.

OK, it's you.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                    I have a bunch of co-workers playing this game called *Second-Life*.... I looked over the site...but am not to sure I have the time, the energy OR the inclination to get involved in it...I KNOW I don't want to get into the games DJF et al are into....It seems extremely time consuming when I read all the LJs and what is going on

Hats...You will always be an *Original* in my book

Shadow... no one...and I mean no one is foolish enough to try to pass themselves off as you ...they wouldn't have the stomach to just strike fear the way you do
                    Second Life isn't so much a game as a virtual community. People produce virtual art which they then sell them to others for real money. There are also occasionally flying phallus.
                    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng View Post
                      Second Life isn't so much a game as a virtual community. People produce virtual art which they then sell them to others for real money. There are also occasionally flying phallus.
                      So when people say they don't give a flying **** there could be a literal interpretation, er, flying around somewhere? Iiiinteresting.

Comment

So when people say they don't give a flying **** there could be a literal interpretation, er, flying around somewhere? Iiiinteresting.
                        Well, Second Life has a virtual talk show, and someone pulled a prank or something, at which point organs flew all over the place. There's a video of it on Google Video.
                        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Hm. I think I'll pass on that, thanks just the same. If organs aren't attached to anything they tend to lose some of their charm.

Depending on the circumstances, of course.

Comment

Hm. I think I'll pass on that, thanks just the same. If organs aren't attached to anything they tend to lose some of their charm.

Depending on the circumstances, of course.
                            Well, they looked rather fake. That might make them more useful to you.
                            Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Possibly. Although something tells me I'd be happier with the real thing. *cough*

Comment

OMG...I amjust dying over here laughing...Ukky YOU get points for being the second person to make me just plain laugh out loud tonight

Thank YOU
                                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Working...
                                X