This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alaskannut View Post
    Hey now...I lived like that for 19 yrs! And when i went next door, it was to use an outhouse!

Sheesh...Lower 48 wimps
    Somehow I doubt that there are very many outhouses in an urban centre like Chicago*.

(*That is where Hats is from, right?)
    sigpic
    Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Hey now...I lived like that for 19 yrs! And when i went next door, it was to use an outhouse!

Sheesh...Lower 48 wimps
      Hey, I'm no wimp. I lived in rural Africa! I have to say though,that if it was as cold as it is up where you are, I'd have found a way to move it ondoors.
      Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
        Somehow I doubt that there are very many outhouses in an urban centre like Chicago*.

(*That is where Hats is from, right?)
        Why did my name come up? * leaves to check the previous page*

OK. You are still on my office building's plumbing problems.

Squee.Correct and correct. No outhouses in Chicago for a long, long time.

Nutty. My building doesn't have an outhouse alternative (clapping for Alaska) A little lesson in female plumbing: Asking a woman to dress up in boots and a coat and cross two parking lots is asking for trouble. See, this thread is educational!

Adrienne.I work for a non-profit. I think that explains the building.
        Last edited by Hatusu; 02 February 2008, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jonno View Post
          Christmas ... when was that? ... oh yeah, only 4 weeks ago. Seems longer (thought that could be because i'm a tad frazzled, what with the dissertation due in in the morning, and currently a tad incomplete. Still - plenty of time left! )
          I'm assuming that because your post was a few days ago that you're done now. If so, congratulations. Have you caught up on your sleep yet?
          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
            [B]

Nutty. My building doesn't have an outhouse alternative (clapping for Alaska)
            You wouldn't be clapping if you had ever had to use an outhouse at -45 degrees

@jonno...I'd say that I hope you did well.....buuut I won't, 'cuz we all know you did, so I'll just say that I hope you're enjoying a restful weekend
            sigpic
            Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
            "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Hey, I'm no wimp. I lived in rural Africa! I have to say though,that if it was as cold as it is up where you are, I'd have found a way to move it ondoors.
              Oo Oo! Where???
              My best friend did missionary work in Africa for 28 years, starting in, like, the 60s or something. I think they had plumbing, I've never asked.

Adrianne
              If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
              It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

You wouldn't be clapping if you had ever had to use an outhouse at -45 degrees ...
                I have at 15 degrees. At -45 degrees sounds like asking for frostbutt.

Go ahead. Groan.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP View Post
                  Oo Oo! Where???
                  My best friend did missionary work in Africa for 28 years, starting in, like, the 60s or something. I think they had plumbing, I've never asked.

Adrianne
                  Kenya I lived in a rural area. We had latrines.

Comment

At -45 degrees sounds like asking for frostbutt.
                    Nutty's "facilities"
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      Nutty's "facilities"
                      LOL! That's a classic.

Comment

I have at 15 degrees. At -45 degrees sounds like asking for frostbutt.

Go ahead. Groan.
                        GROOOAAANNNNN
                        sigpic
                        Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                        "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

I sent a note. Would anyone here like to join in? This is from Skydiver
                          Big huge announcment

so read it

Ok folks, i know we were talking about writing letters/cards to amanda. And that can certainly be done.

HOWEVER

Snail mail takes time.

Through means that i will not discuss, there in an opportunity to get messages to her later on this month. I will NOT tell you how or why. That part of this is non-negotiable. You're gonna have to take this on faith.

However, if you would like to e-mail ME a note/message/letter/graphic (and by letter i don't mean 20 page novella please) I can use this means to get those messages to amanda. (I can't do videos or anything like that. It needs to be letters or the like)

Just e-mail me your notes, type it in an e-mail, send it as an attachment, whatever. I'll collect them. They'll be cut and pasted into a singular document or printed out and collected together, then will get to amanda later on this month.

Anything anyone sends will be kept confidential. Only the persons involved and Amanda will see it.

the deadline is february 15th. Hard and fast deadline.

You can use the e-mail attached to my profile if you're cutting and pasting. or sky_diver119 @ yahoo.com

If you can't e-mail, you can PM me, but e-mail would be the best.

just PLEASE make sure that you note in the subject that it's for amanda. I don't want to lose anything to spam.

So folks, please, have fun and send me some stuff and we'll make February a fun month for Amanda, cause by the end of it, she'll have a handful of some beautiful words to let her know that - for every person out there that's a meanie, there are two of us that love her, support her and respect her.

I'm going to post this in the sanctuary thread but you can cross post this wherever you think there are some Amanda fans that would like to participate.

THe more people that play, the more love we can share.
                          Last edited by Hatusu; 03 February 2008, 10:54 PM.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MEIMEI!

Comment

Thank you, Greytop! *HUGS*

Comment

You're welcome. *bows to the birthday girl*

Comment

Working...
                                X