This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Markey2
    My intention with the sig was like TameFarrar said. It was more a, "If you like it, do it" but not a gimme gimme gimme because I know that verges on the rude. I don't know if you noticed but it said "You like what you see? Give a green rep. point" There were no demands in there, but if you like one of my post give a green. I'll change it though I guess people missread it easily.

Remember Spoilerspace and Spoiler Tags are a courtesy, people use them but because they get yelled at if they don't. I remember when someone’s sig was a constant reminder about Spoilertags, that's how mine is meant to be; nevertheless I’ve changed it now, to be a bit more obvious and not give the wrong impression.
    Well, this sig of yours is surely more acceptable then the one previous
    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
      Well, this sig of yours is surely more acceptable then the one previous
      But it's still telling Shadow to give points, she'll hunt him down!

Comment

Gads Teal'c don't give her ideas...she has enough of her own
        Markey2 your signature is lovely!!! and regardless of what anyone says...it IS yours so thank you for trying to be a promoter of good will
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
          Muahaha. Fortunately, I don't have to look at it as I hide signatures. It's better, and if it makes Markey happy, that's fine (and thanks for the change, BTW). But whereas spoilers can ruin an ep for people and having spoiler space is a common courtesy, rep points basically do nothing and I don't even consider them a courtesy. More like a nuisance. But like I said, I no longer find the sig objectionable and even if I did, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't make much difference. Not like I'll be looking at it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            Muahaha. Fortunately, I don't have to look at it as I hide signatures. It's better, and if it makes Markey happy, that's fine (and thanks for the change, BTW). But whereas spoilers can ruin an ep for people and having spoiler space is a common courtesy, rep points basically do nothing and I don't even consider them a courtesy. More like a nuisance. But like I said, I no longer find the sig objectionable and even if I did, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't make much difference. Not like I'll be looking at it anyway.
            huh! would you look at that! I hadn't seen that little "show signatures" tab in the controls area! Now I'm all indecisive about if I want to see them or not. Sometimes it is hard to see the posts for the signatures but I frequently get a good chuckle over people's funny and inventive sigs

Comment

Mildly disturbed....

Has someone knocked our regular Shadow out and replaced her with a RepliShadow?

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                Mildly disturbed....

Has someone knocked our regular Shadow out and replaced her with a RepliShadow?
                It's the curly fries

er, and on the subject of rep points (which is clearly what we are all discussing here ), I don't mind the new sig at all.

Comment

Spicey fries, spicey fries! It isn't the shape of things, it's the content itself that matters. Which is true for a lot of things, especially fries.

Anyway, while I do have strong feelings about the rep system, I'm here mostly for the debate. I still think the entire rep system is a massively corrupt and unsalvageable little condiment to the board itself and that obsessing over your rep level is a waste of time and energy.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    Spicey fries, spicey fries! It isn't the shape of things, it's the content itself that matters. Which is true for a lot of things, especially fries.

Anyway, while I do have strong feelings about the rep system, I'm here mostly for the debate. I still think the entire rep system is a massively corrupt and unsalvageable little condiment to the board itself and that obsessing over your rep level is a waste of time and energy.
                    OMG! ROFLMAO with tears dripping down my face!
                    I can't believe I got that wrong! You see it's all the fault of the cafetaria here, their spicy fries ARE curly! *also big fan of spicey fries*

on-topic: while I think it's nice that you can "reward" people for a well thought out post, human nature of large groups is such that the system is doomed to be corrupted by a few. Luckily for all of us, it's just for FUN and in no way impedes out ability to post totally frivilously *cough spicey fries cough*.... er I mean, continue our in depth discussions of the origin of everything Stargate.... (fun- you know - kinda like this forum is supposed to be ).

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                      Luckily for all of us, it's just for FUN and in no way impedes out ability to post totally frivilously *cough spicey fries cough*
                      Spicey fries are not frivolous. Rep points are, though, and if I could find some way to trade rep points for spicey fries (or even better, NACHOS!) I would. Magic beans just don't do it for me. I'm allergic.

Comment

mmmm....... nachos........

My how this has got off topic, meh

Remember, give green!

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                          I got my first Bad one for an extremely mild and inconsequential post about how I liked both Weirs but the blonde one better. It seemed weird to get it for perhaps the most innofensive post I've ever posted outside of the fluffy threads!

Don't anyone worry too much about the bad rep points you get. As far as I can tell most people give far more positives than negatives (I'm certain that there are fewer 'ITA' and 'ROFL' posts here than there used to be on Delphi and I reckon it's cos people are giving a rep point instead). So eventually it evens out and more.

I like my REP points being anonymous. There are funny little comments in them and - okay, I'm probably being sad here - I think it's a bit more exciting when you don't know who sent it.
                          One would think that anonymity would promote some remarks. Praise or constructive criticism; either way is better than nothing. I got my last red just for starting a thread saying I was irritated about people not leaving comments on their reps! Naturally there was no comment. Probably someone being a smartass. Oh well...

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                            thats what i hope for
                            "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

thats what i hope for
                              Oh No! It's only hinting, look just sitting there. (Waits for Shadow's Rath )

Comment

Thus far I have gotten negative rep points for two totally innocent, and almost cute posts that WERE on topic? What the hell are your problems? Are cute dogs that get confused by "Jaffa Kree!" and me congratulating MS on marrying a beautiful woman suddenly negative things? For the love of Thor! Why not give me neg rep points on a post where I'm rude or mean!

As evidence of such:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...358#post128358
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...253#post126253

Would anyone like to give me a LOGICAL explanation as to why these posts deserve negative points, or is someone out there just a pitiful child?

Comment

Working...
                                X