Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROFLMAOOOO ((Piggy))) you are hilarious!!!!
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Muahaha... the system lords are finally taking notice. It won't be long now until I've crushed them all in the cold fist of my wrath!
      Huzzah for the cold fist of wrath!
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Muahaha... the system lords are finally taking notice. It won't be long now until I've crushed them all in the cold fist of my wrath!
        Hark! The first tide of doom doth cometh! I prayeth for the gods mercy!

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
          Hark! The first tide of doom doth cometh! I prayeth for the gods mercy!
          Huzzah for the first tide of doom!

Comment

What is this "huzzah"? Is this one of those new confound rappers?

Comment

Huzzah for the new confound rappers!

Huzzah is a slightly archaic form of 'hurrah' or 'hooray', favoured by the SCA among others. Yesterday was my rhyming day; today is my huzzah day.

Comment

And how does that make you FEEL?

Comment

And how does that make you FEEL?
                  I feel HUZZAH!

Comment

I always thought it was an Old saying for yay! or something like that I swear I read it in Shakespeare or something...but out of pure bordom I looked it up.

Huzzah (originally huzza) is an old English it is "apparently a mere exclamation" without any particular derivation. The OED notes, however, that in the 17th and 18th centuries it was identified as a sailor's cheer or salute, and thus was possibly related to words like heeze and hissa which are cognates Cognates are words of different languages that have a common etymology, that is they derive from a common root.

The word hurrah is a more modern form, also related to similar words in European languages. The OED states: "In English the form hurrah is literary and dignified; hooray is usual in popular acclamation."

The term huzzah has been adopted, with no change in meaning, by modern gamers

edit: because i'm dork who can remember her italics tags
                    ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                      Huzzah (originally huzza) is an old English it is "apparently a mere exclamation" without any particular derivation. The OED notes, however, that in the 17th and 18th centuries it was identified as a sailor's cheer or salute, and thus was possibly related to words like heeze and hissa which are cognates Cognates are words of different languages that have a common etymology, that is they derive from a common root.
                      In the nautical connection, c.f. Pirates of the Caribbean.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                        In the nautical connection, c.f. Pirates of the Caribbean.
                        Aye Matey! Arrrr!
                        ~Athena

Comment

Quick!!! Tame..get her antipsychotics while I grab the tranquilizer bazooka...there might yet be time to save her!!()
                          sigpic
                          Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                          "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                            Aye Matey! Arrrr!
                            Avast behind!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                              Avast behind!
                              Let the pirate quotes begin!!
                              sigpic
                              Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                              "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut
                                Let the pirate quotes begin!!
                                You do that and I may have to make you walk the plank.
                                No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X