This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hatusu
    On a Tuesday? We're starting the holiday early? Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think most people can get stumbly on two wine coolers unless you haven't eaten anything. Nice try.
    I do

and I get tipsy on a single 12oz beer...yeahhh..low tolerance for the firewater

though, on the upside I seem to be rather hilarious after a couple vodka martinis
    sigpic
    Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
    "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

It just occured to me that everyone in this thread tonight is from Minnesota or Alaska. Brrrr.

So, AO. Give me a clue. How would I recognise you? You're not Rocket 4477, are you?
      You think brrrrr

I found a windchill chart this afternoon and based on the calculations on it, I had -95 degrees F for over a month at my cabin back in 1989 (-50 with 50mph winds)

and I swear to god I'm not pulling your leg either
      sigpic

Comment

Wheeeeeeeee GW seems to be working much faster today! Anyone else notice?
        gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by gatehorse
          Wheeeeeeeee GW seems to be working much faster today! Anyone else notice?
          Yeah, but it's seemed pretty dead anyway. Perhaps the lag ran of a lot of people. Or it could be that whole holiday thing.
          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut
            I do

and I get tipsy on a single 12oz beer...yeahhh..low tolerance for the firewater

though, on the upside I seem to be rather hilarious after a couple vodka martinis
            Want to go out, Nutty? I'm buying.
            Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

You think brrrrr

I found a windchill chart this afternoon and based on the calculations on it, I had -95 degrees F for over a month at my cabin back in 1989 (-50 with 50mph winds)

and I swear to god I'm not pulling your leg either
              You don't scare me. I live in Chicago!

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                Yeah, but it's seemed pretty dead anyway. Perhaps the lag ran of a lot of people. Or it could be that whole holiday thing.
                Hey, it's Thanksgiving! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Comment

i live in western South Dakota and well ya know what they say bout that... typical SD weather... snow one day, sunny-n-warm the next or something like that... or the hills may have snow and rapid wont.. i swear its frakked up.... well i am from Northen Minnesota... was born in Duluth
                  sigpic

Comment

I know..."If you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes."

Comment

exactly
                      sigpic

Comment

You don't scare me. I live in Chicago!
                        The entire downstairs of my cabin froze solid...we had to wear snow suits just to cook breakfast in the kitchen
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey, it's Thanksgiving! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
                          mmmmmm.

gobble gobble
                          sigpic

Comment

mmmmmm.

gobble gobble
                            Alaskannut, I didn't know you spoke turkey.

Comment

i think lots of us do... we just dont admit to it...

gobble gobble gobble
                              sigpic

Comment

The entire downstairs of my cabin froze solid...we had to wear snow suits just to cook breakfast in the kitchen
                                OK. You win.

I don't have a snow suit, but I have an Eddie Bauer jacket that's good to 50 degrees below zero. When you describe your home as a cabin, do you really mean a cabin? How big is it? You said you have 2 floors. Do you get blizzards?

We're having a cold Thanksgiving. It might make the 20s.

Comment

Working...
                                X