Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petition: A Return to the Glory Days of Full Frontal Nudity!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Louis_Vuitton View Post
    I really dont think Ill ever understand men's obsession with Breasts..
    They're very fun. There's a lot of things you can do with them. But they're really only fun when attached to a female, at least from a heterosexual male point-of-view.
    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I really dont think Ill ever understand men's obsession with Breasts..
      My best guess is that they're hidden. Think of feet. Feet were once a sexual object in parts of Asia and were sexually attractive to males, mainly because they were hidden. I think we all have a fascination with what we're not supposed to see. I have a friend here in college who actually grew up in an Mbiti tribe where the women and men are both totally topless, and he doesn't even see breasts as a sexual thing because he's used to it.

That's just one theory... I, for one, dig 'em. A lot... yeah.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime View Post
        Whoa! Hang on there.
        Men don't just like women because of boobies.
        We like the other bits as well.
        Indeed!

It's just that boobies... when you get very close to a woman... are probably the first thing you'll make physical contact with.

It's probability and trigonometry. And I believe in them.
        Otherwise, this world would be crazy.

Denying science is bad.
        Very.
        Bad.

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
        Hey at least you got the nudity once. Just think of all the poor women watching. Not ONE, I say, ONE scene of full nudity of any guy. There's the shame. I demand equal representation!!

And maybe you should change your sig to WWBD.
        Ditto! Stargate's spin off need to get characters wearing light, transparent, silky clothes, so we can see all the details if we're really passionate about them.

Originally posted by cowpants View Post
        Wow! Finally, a voice of truth, rising above the din that is GW. All hail Ouroboros.

Boobies are a testament to our society. Do you realize how much of the economy is run by them?? It is incredible what they do. They have inspired songs, stories, and battles. The Trojan War was all because one guy wanted to see some lady's boobies. Who are we to deny the wisdom of Homer? Who are we to deny the truth of the boobies that launched a thousand ships?

Anyone see the Family Guy episode where Peter gets shut down by the FCC? He makes good point. The American capitol building truly does look like a giant booby. Boobies are, put simply, the base upon which our society rests.

Therefore I take up your cause. We must see the boobies! How about we satisfy both the male and female camps by seeing Hammond's boobies. That'll fix everything!
        Damn. It's true. Boobies can move ships!
        That's physics added to probablity and trigonometry.

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
        My best guess is that they're hidden. Think of feet. Feet were once a sexual object in parts of Asia and were sexually attractive to males, mainly because they were hidden. I think we all have a fascination with what we're not supposed to see. I have a friend here in college who actually grew up in an Mbiti tribe where the women and men are both totally topless, and he doesn't even see breasts as a sexual thing because he's used to it.

Yeah, I remember the words of a wise woman, who once said that what's sexy is what is hidden.

Oh, crap. Didn't I just shot my own foot there?
        Sorry.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Hey at least you got the nudity once. Just think of all the poor women watching. Not ONE, I say, ONE scene of full nudity of any guy. There's the shame. I demand equal representation!!
          Well we sort of got some with Daniel's return from Ascendedland the first time and a little less the second time.....

But I still agree that we need equal representation. Burning all the t-shirts for the men of SG-1 as reparations is a step in the right direction.

This thread is hilarious.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Hey Apparently breasts are only sexy if kept hidden
            Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post

Yeah, I remember the words of a wise woman, who once said that what's sexy is what is hidden.

Oh, crap. Didn't I just shot my own foot there?
            Sorry.
            So shouldn't you want to keep them covered up lest they lose there novelty
            You can never really know some completely. That's why it's the most terrifying thing in the world, really - taking someone on faith, hoping they'll take you on faith too. It's such a precarious balance, it's a wonder we do it at all. And yet...
            -Libba Bray

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
              Well we sort of got some with Daniel's return from Ascendedland the first time and a little less the second time.....
              Sort of does not count. I want Daniel to stand in front of a goa'uld and have his clothes cut off so he can be 'inspected'.
              Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
              But I still agree that we need equal representation. Burning all the t-shirts for the men of SG-1 as reparations is a step in the right direction.
              Here, Here!! The no shirt policy is a good start.

I'd be happy to run an experiment for TPTB. Leave the guys uncovered and I'll let you know when I lose interest.
              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Hey Apparently breasts are only sexy if kept hidden

Boobies don't loose novelty. Boobies are eternal.

Just like vaginas. Oh, that's a word people feel unconfortable with.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree. The past few centuries of booby covering up has given us a need to see boobies for a few centuries. Really, it won't lose novelty.

And you want a word that makes people uncomfortable? Scrotum. Say it and try not to laugh.

Comment

i know Amanda Tapping is wholeheartedly against nudity so she might refuse to be in it if there is nudity
                    why does said "equally profound" thing have to be nudity-why not a big metal circle roaring to life-at the time it was prety profound-and the way the series actually started-Sha're's display wasn't until the middle of the ep

not that im anti nudity or anything-i just think that, ur picking somthing that as a guy, you in find particularly appealing and has nothing to do with the actual show
                    Last edited by corey2002; 20 March 2007, 07:54 PM.
                    MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                    I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

I'd be happy to run an experiment for TPTB. Leave the guys uncovered and I'll let you know when I lose interest.
                      Hey I'll help!

Whose uncomfortable Vagina, Vagina..

Nah I'm going to leave it at guys are way to obsessed with breasts, maybe it's because I have them but they're really not that special
                      You can never really know some completely. That's why it's the most terrifying thing in the world, really - taking someone on faith, hoping they'll take you on faith too. It's such a precarious balance, it's a wonder we do it at all. And yet...
                      -Libba Bray

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002 View Post
                        i know Amanda Tapping is wholeheartedly against nudity so she might refuse to be in it if there is nudity
                        why does said "equally profound" thing have to be nudity-who not a big metal circle roaring to life-at the time it was prety profound-and the way the series actually started-Sha're's display wasn't until the middle of the ep
                        Exactly...that was the dramatic climax of the episode for me....
                        ....the moment when my stubborn unwillingness to dig myself out of that mound of Cheetos just to lean over past the stack of empty beer cans and find my remote control....
                        ....was richly rewarded.

Even made me wish I had the foresight to record it. Thankfully, I own the DVD now.

not that im anti nudity or anything-i just think that, ur picking somthing that as a guy, you in find particularly appealing and has nothing to do with the actual show
                        That's simply not true.
                        We reached across gender lines in support of our sisters as well. Why? Because we care.
                        It seems to me that male nudity on television is really the least we can do for the mothers of our children.

As far as it having nothing to do with the show...it has everything to do with the show.

who not a big metal circle roaring to life-at the time it was prety profound-and the way the series actually started
                        Maybe you don't mind being teased by the sexual metaphor of the whole gate dialing sequence in nearly every episode, but some of us are just fed up with it.

In fact, I don't intend to watch past season ten of the SG-1 series. I do this out of protest because I care.
                        I might catch the movies and still watch Atlantis, but I'm definitely done with new SG-1 series episodes after this season.
                        When you care about something so deeply, sometimes drastic measures are necessary.
                        And I'm not the only one.
                        I can't even tell you the number of people that will be making season ten of SG-1 their last new season.
                        I can only assume the full frontal nudity lobby is finally picking up steam.
                        No pun intended.

Now to be fair, TPTB have previously made a huge concession to the lobby.
                        I know I will always be eternally grateful for all those naked aliens like the Reole and the Asgard.
                        I can't put my finger on it, but there was always something missing from those characters.
                        I wish I could say what exactly it is, but whatever it is, it's conspicuous by it's absence.
                        It just reminds of that episode when it was promised we'd get to see Mjolnir, but instead of a hand weapon, we got some fancy-schmancy alien tech.

To this day, I still say,
                        "That episode was called Thor's Hammer and we damn well deserve to see Thor's hammer."

Comment

Anonmatel signs the petition... Boobies!
                          And even i can sit through some male shots to keep the other sex happy as well. But not Hammond....

Comment

Originally posted by Adria
                            i have a nice body (before baby) and i dont mind being naked but not in front of a bunch of pepope that i don't know
                            Of course, that's a matter of personal choice.

Originally posted by Adria
                            but i honestly feel that boobs are better covered it makes guys think and want them more which is nice when you are alone with that special someone
                            Yes, but none of us could ever be alone with those characters.
                            We're talking about fictional characters in a fictional world...therefore, it is not equivalent.

Comment

Great idea. The female body is a beautiful thing and it's not only breasts and vaginas that are sexy but belly buttons. Legs, necks, buttocks, shoulders, all are sexy and would greatly improve Stargate. The world has become too prudish. We're born naked, why not live naked and die naked? I don't know where Ronan will keep all his knives now but I'm sure he's talented enough...
                              I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

why does said "equally profound" thing have to be nudity-why not a big metal circle roaring to life-at the time it was prety profound-and the way the series actually started-Sha're's display wasn't until the middle of the ep

Plus we're so dead serious about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X